SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

Blues in the yard today!

dzyg
15 years ago

My Blues that nested here left a week ago. Today I spied something in the mealworm feeder (I had been keeping it stocked with mealies but didn't have any waxworms in it anymore). It was a female Blue and there was a male with her. They both ate just a few mealies and flew away. I put some waxworms out and later saw the female again in a tree. Then a couple hours later they were back at the feeder and ate just a couple waxworms. Again just the two of them. I really do not think these are my pair or the fledglings from this season, they seem much to skittish to be them as they were all quite comfortable with the feeder and me coming out to fill it. I am wondering if it could be a pair from previous years or just another pair that had been fed elsewhere and happened upon my feeder. Anyway it was quite exciting since I thought I wouldn't see any until Spring again. I wasn't able to get an pics of them, not sure if they will be back or not, could be some from up north more migrating south. I am in Central WI and they do not overwinter here.

Donna

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!