SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

UPDATE: 6900+ Traveling Daylilies posts!!!

mamabirrd
18 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

We are currently sending/receiving our December "Secret Santa" swap boxes. Packages should be on the way so your partner will receive it before Christmas.

Don't forget to post what wonderful things you get from your secret pal.

So far, all the packages have been awesome.....what a great group of friends!

WOW, can we make it to 7000 posts before Christmas??? I think we can do it!

I started a new thread so I can show off what Jo, my "secret Santa", sent to me. I will have it posted in a few minutes.....

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Comments (102)

• juspeachy
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh Dawn,

I am soooooo sorry. I will most certainly say a prayer for her. I know how you must be feeling.
    I will keep you all in my prayers.
    HUGE hugs,

Jo

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Dawn I am really sorry to hear about your birdie. I don't have any birds but I know how attatched we get to our best friends. It is hard when they get sick. I am praying as well. Tanarae

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 9500 Posts! Traveling Daylilies

Q

Comments (101)
    Good morning, Just wanted to stop by and update you all on the latest calamity.... Early yesterday a.m. DH & I were cleaning one of our birdies houses when I had this little suspicion of something being not quite right. I ended up calling my doctor and was told to head to the hospital. DH was already freaking out at this point and I was doing my best to keep him calm (shouldn't it be the other way around??). I was admitted to Labor & Delivery around 9:30am and got all hooked up to the monitors. My doctor was in shortly thereafter and did an exam. By about 10:30 I got the news that I was having contractions....very regular ones at that. The good news was that I wasn't dilated at all. But I was starting to thin out. They hooked me up to the IV and said they were going to keep an eye on things. Some of the contractions were pretty strong and at one point only 3 mins. apart! I was given an injection of Terbutaline along with 20mg. of Procardia. At first it seemed to be slowing things down a bit, but the contractions started intensifying again. I received another bag of IV fluid and 10 more mg. of Procardia. It was looking like I was going to have to stay the night. A few hours later my doc decided that the meds. had helped slow them down enough to allow me to go home for the night. I am due back at the office first thing this morning to see if there has been any change in my cervix. Please keep your fingers crossed that it is still closed!! I'm on Procardia every 4 hours, including at nighttime. I also got the wonderful news that I will be spending the duration of my pregnancy on bedrest. That's a tough one to swallow, but I will follow doctor's orders. DH is going to have to take over around the house. I am allowed to move from bed to chair to bathroom and back to bed again. That's about it. At least I will still be able to work at my desk a bit. Doc said no babysitting, so i'm pretty sad about that. My neice is just so precious and I hate not being able to take care of her. It's really tough because everyone works and my poor Sis Jenna is going to have to scramble to work something out by Wednesday. I'm also sad that I won't get to see a whole lot of the action over at the new house for a while. But, the baby is the most important thing right now and that is what i'm focused on. Baby Talon is doing wonderfully and was just perfect yesterday. His hearbeat and movements were monitored all day and he got an A+. : ) That made me feel much better. So anyhoo, i'll try my best to keep you updated on what's going on. Today is 32 weeks and we really need the baby to stay in there a while longer. Shirley, I LOVE that bunnies & chicks pic and really wish I could join in the Easter swap. It looks like i'll have to sit out of the swaps until probably June or so. : ( Jo, i'm so glad you are back. Take it easy and don't work too hard outside. Take lots of breaks....just sit & enjoy. Marea, still waiting for ya'! Hope you are happy in the new house. Melissa, Spring Fever has got a hold of me too. It's going to be hard to sit & watch the weeds grow for the next couple months. Annie, I did a double take when I saw the pic of your book. I have the same one! My Mom got it for me for Christmas and it's really a beautiful book and just wonderful to show off your pressed blooms. So sweet of you to give it away. I need to catch up a bit more, but I have to get ready to go. Sure hope this appointment goes well. Hugs to all, ~Dawn (mamabirrd)
    ...See More

update: update traveling daylilies (pictures 9)

Q

Comments (42)
    Hi all! Thought I would come by and bombard you with a few pics. Paul, I want to go on vacation with you. B.B. COLLINS (named for a neighbor of mine hybridized by a neighbor of mine :) BORDER SENTRY CALYN AND CAITLYN CHEROKEE BEAUTY FORESTLAKE POINT LACE INQUIRE WITHIN KING OF MASKS ORGANIZED CHAOS REIGNING PINK LEMONADE ROSE PARFAIT SHRIMP AND GRITS Dakota grooming a scape for his first time entering a daylily show Dakota winning Best Youth Award with FOOLED ME. He was a half point from winning Best In Show overall. I was proud as punch! Kids at the Knoxville Zoo last month. Us at neighbor's house. Maleah in the neighbor's garden. View of the Smoky Mountains from neighbor's garden. This garden is like a half mile from my house up on a ridge. The couple who owns it are dentists. The wife is from Vietnam and is the neatest person. We first met them a few weeks ago and never knew they were up there on the ridge behind our house. She grows the yummiest veggies! Ok, I am done for today :). ~Canna
    ...See More

UPDATE: 11,600 Traveling Daylily Post

Q

Comments (36)
    Hi gang - thank you all again SO MUCH for your support!! Herb is walking again & gaining some strength, has nerve damage in his back so my giant of a man is puny right now, but walking!! I got a weekend job taking care of cats at a big boarding kennel nearby & actually get paid to pet cats. Healing. God is good. Paul, I truly loved seeing your photos - awesome, incredible & majestic Colorado tour you gave your boys AND us. I got to drive through CO once, all I saw was the admittedly fantastic & spiritual views from the interstate & a wonderful diner in Denver where I had the best Denver omelet of my life. Carol, I know you Washington people are used to cool & wet, but it was 110 degrees here the other day, and it hasn't rained here since the beginning of June, so you are actually lucky... I've been feeling very lucky with the daylilies this Summer - the heat has given me oodles of rebloom scapes so I'm going to get to enjoy flowers all this month, too, meaning I'm enjoying daylily blooms for 5 full months this year! AND I got several very promising seedlings, some gorgeous faces that appear to have good branching & bud counts. My favorite has to be an Awesome Blossom x Create Your Dream kid: lavender with purple flames & knobby purple edge. And my 2008 Linda Beck x Bobby Martin seedlings ALL bloomed, just 6 buds each, but they ALL looked like both parents - have high hopes for them. Melinda, our Sunkissed Temptation's registration is now pending & it is going to be introduced at the 2012 National Convention in Ohio. The fan I kept has increased to 5 fans since I mailed yours, sent up a rebloom scape AND has 3 proliferations growing on the first scape! Hope yours is doing as well. Hope all of you are well, cool & happy, Love Marea
    ...See More

UPDATE: traveling daylily angels 5500 send & get daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Hey ya! I hope everyone had a nice long weekend to enjoy. Beautiful weather here! Sherri, wish I could keep her this size. MaryB, a diagram for you :). Lots more stuff in there not pictured. Brugmansia 'Creamsickle' three blooms on a heat stressed plant and Coleus 'Lava Rose'- my favorite coleus this year. My business is slow as expected when starting out. I have a partial website (go figure?), my license, business cards. Made a bag with my logo on it that I carry around. I have about 6 websites going right now. Enough to pay the business bills. BTW, Gloria I have a bill for you coming your way today :). Love ya, Hottie! CindyO, you are about 350 miles for me, well duh, I guess you already know how far. I would love to come! I can drop my back seat in the Blazer and make lots of room, but I would have to leave the kids with you so I could haul the loot back home. Love that seedling of yours! I just picked the last of the seedpods yesterday. Now we have about 1000 seeds to figure out where to plant. Marea! YAY, a tropical! Diane, got your test email. Debbie, happy B-day! Miss Susan, have you and Dan gone off and got married without us? The Stapelia you sent me last year is about to bloom any day now. I may be cussing you soon :). Anita, your in my thoughts. Deni, if you can read this, you are the most thoughtful and generous soul! ~Canna
    ...See More
  • pins2006
    18 years ago

I just sent my box out on Saturday. We had ice for the two days before, and things were hectic. After reading and seeing what everyone else sent, I sure hope my tradee isn't too disappointed.

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

It is still morning here in Illinois and real cold. The temp when I got up this morning was 3 above. Both hubby and I have woke up with a cold and scratchy throats. I'm making potato soup for lunch.

Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear about your bird. I wish I could say or do something to make you feel better.

JO, I love the nativity scene you made, such a wonderful gift!

Shirley, I really like the looks of your windows, and please keep your iris pictures coming; I'm so hooked on them!

Ellen, have a nice trip, but be safe.

All the boxes have been just amazing, and I can't wait to see what is in my box of goodies.

My son called and sent me a Card. We will celebrate Christmas when he comes in January for his 31/2 year check-up. Since he has moved to Greenbay, he calls more than he ever has, but that is a good thing.

I'm off to finish up my soup for lunch. Hope everyone has a nice day.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Barb, I'm so happy for your daughter, such great news. When our children are well and happy, so are we.

Annie

• abitodd
    18 years ago

Mary, I am glad you liked your box.

Dawn, Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I do hope we will hear better news from you today. I know how hard it is to have a sick pet. They are just as much a part of our family as anyone else. My Heart goes out to you and your hubby. I pray your baby is atleast resting comfortably. Please try to keep us posted.

Now Ladies and Gents,

On a brighter note....a new game for a new year. Watch your mail details will be heading your way along with the first set of clues.

Deni

• skohler
    18 years ago

Dawn I just went that route & I can trully feel what you are going through at lease you have her home with you
    and all you can do at this point is keep her near you .
    just brings me to tears just thinking about here I feel as it is deni my cockatoo my heart gose out to you.

I've started to hand feed my babies today :))) will try to send a update soon.

well daddy wants me so better go . maybe santa might arrive in the mail today . :)))

susie

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Deni, nice to see you posting, DawnI am sending you a BIG hug, my prayers are with you and your birdie. our little keets are tough so wishing the best for her. get well lilly. glad caring dh is with you.
    love carol

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

DEAR cAROL....
    SOMEONE BROKE INTO YOUR EMAIL SYSTEM AND POSTED A
    f - - - i KNOW you WOULD NOT DO THAT, ESPECAILLY KNOWING SANTA AS WELL AS i DO..... iF SANTA EVEN THOUGHT IT WAS YOU HED SLAM ON THEM BRAKES AND ONE OF YOUR BOXES MIGHT HAVE FELL OFF..... BUT LIKE I SAID.... IT COULDNT HAVE BEEN YOU!!!

BARB.... GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS!!!! i KNOW YOUR CHRISTMAS WILL BE MERRY NOW FOR SURE!!!! cHRISTMAS HUGS TO YOU AND YOURS!

DAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    YOUR POST HAS ME WANTING TO FLY AND HUG YOU GIRL..... PLEASE KEEP US POSTED SWEETY! PLEASE..... XOXOXO

mAREA,,,, YOUR BOX CAME, THE KITTY WAS BROKEN INTO PIECES BUT HEAR ME CLEAR THAT TEA POT i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. ITS BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME. tHAN YOU SOOO MUCH.. I LOVE IT. I HAVE GOTTON INTO HOT GREEN TEA AND THAT WILL BE PERFECT. i NEED TO FIND BIG HANDLELESS CUPS. THE 12.00 YOU SPENT TO SHIP IT WAS A BUMMER AND WE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE BUBBLES AROUND THE CUP WERE SMASHED... THEY REALLY THREW THAT BOX AROUND, BUT IF SOMETHING HAD TO BRAKE IM GLAD IT WAS NOT THAT TEAPOT... NOW ONE OF MY FAVIORT ITEMS...

DENI.... HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! HOW ARE YAH?

dORTPIG.... SMOOOOOO SMOOOCH!

dEBBIE..... MISSS YOU....

ANNIE PILLOW IS TOOOOO CUTE!

dID ANITA GET HER THANKSGIVNG BOX????? SOMEONE TOLD ME SHE GOT SHORTED? DID THAT GET STRAIGHTEN OUT???

dIANNE THAT Godiva hot chocolate WAS SUPPOSE TO COME TO ME... SOORY 'T' REGIFT ASAP!!!!! OR SHOULD i HAVE SAID RESHIP...

i HAVE PHOTOS OF MY HOUSE AND TREE AND ALL AND I CANT GET THEM DOWNLOADED TO MY COMPUTER...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO UPLAOD THEM FROM CAMERA TO ANYWHERE ESLE.... HELP!!!

OK GOTTA RUN.... i HEAR SANTA YELLING SOMETHING ABOUT FOOD, BUT NOT FOR THE REINDEERS.... GRIN

• luvmybulbs
    18 years ago

Hi guys. I received my box and it was wonderful. It was from Ellen. When I find my camera I will post some pics.

She sent me the neatest handmade birdhouse scene. It has 3 birdhouses and around it is sleighs and christmas trees. I just can't explain. I also received a yummy smelling candle, toys for both boys. My son ran in to give me a hug and said thank you, then I told him I did not buy them a friend sent them. They love spiderman. Then there was an angel ornament and a handmade sleigh cookies-the cookies were awesome, I have eaten them all (I am not much on baking so they were a real treat), calendar and a funny book. I am sure I am leaving something out there were two boxes. My partner should have gotten her box today.

It is freezing here it was 12 degrees this morning.

Well I have to see what the boys are into.

I still have some sort of virus on my puter. I downloaded Nortons and it is working better but not completely fixed.

Take care all

Angie

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Dawn, you have my prayers for Lilly. I hope she pulls thru this and it sounds like she's getting better if she's able to eat. It is so heartbreaking when of your "family" is sick.

Jean, bundle up tight and stay inside if you can. 0 is not normal! at least not around here. I hope it warms up soon for you.

Gloria, sorry your cat was broken! Maybe she can send you a frog as a replacement. I don't think they break....they just croak! ;-)

My DH sent me some gorgeous flowers today for my birthday. There's red and white carnations, white sweet peas, cedar and ferns and some other red flower I'm not familiar with. Such a sweetie he is.

Stay warm all of you,

Nancy

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Carol is suffering from pre christmas senilty, she may have posted a green kitty but never a f----. she knows better. probably that darn little elf that has been following her around.Carol has figured out that Gloria is santa. how is Lilly doing? My dh has a saying when we lose a bird he says it has flown to the sun without burning a wing. I pass this on if you have lost her, if not prayers are with her, big hugs carol

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Nancy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NANCY......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. You are lucky you can't hear me singing. I sound like I've got a frog in my throat.......Just kidding!

Dawn, again my thoughts are with you and your hubby.

Gloria, how many kitties did you say you wanted......LOL I've got babies(well big babies now)if you would like a few......just kidding of course. I would cry if someone came to adopt them. It would have to be someone close so I could have visiting rites, and of course, I would have to do a fingerprint, criminal background,and require a copy of your birth certificate, and drivers license.

I don't want to go out in the cold but it is off to work I go! I'm going to love my hours come spring.

LIFE IS GOOD,

• abitodd
    18 years ago

Annie,

Careful with them kittens....we have 21 cats and 1 poor dog that thinks he is a cat too. It is from all those unfixe cats and their litters....just can not seem to let any go. They will be going to get fixed starting next week. This is it but I would not take anything for any of them. They are all so different and all have their own special personality. 3 are outside and the rest insie for the next or three months and then most will be garden babies. Most are Manx so they like to sleep on top of the open doors....lol

Dawn, Prayers are still with you. Hoping for good news soon. ((((HUGS))))

Doing ok Gloria....How about you?

Hey Carol...Merry Christmas :)

OK EVERYONE------CHECK YOUR MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deni

• abitodd
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Dawn-I do hope Lilly is recovering. Hugs and prayers for you.

Nancy-Happy Birthday to you. Mine is Saturday. My baby will be home for my Birthday (He's 30 now). I don't get to see him as much as I want. Hoping he will move back to this area soon.

Deni-I did not get your mail. Please try again for me.
    flowerlover1@verizon.net

Annie-My iris pictures get me through the winter. I go to pictures when I get down and just look and look at all my pictures.

Jo-Glad Anita received her Dec. box. Birds and Blooms should have sent her a card from me for her year subscription to the magazine. I check on those now since my brother did not get his Country magazine I got him for his Birthday.

Angie-Glad you can post again. Hope you get that virus out of your computer.

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hi all,

Angie,
    Have you checked to see if norton knows what the virus is? If not, check to see, and once you know, you can usually go to microsoft and find a free downloadable program to remove it. I have done that twice, and it worked like a charm. I have a really good antivirus program now (free) and I just love it.I haven't had any virus trouble since I downloaded it.

Dawn,
    Any news on Lilly bird? You all are still in my prayers. Warm hugs.

NANCY,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Shirley,
    I love my birds and blooms, can't do without it. She hasn't mentioned it, so will have to check on that.

Ok, could everyone please post and let me know if you have sent and/or recieved your Dec. box? I was keeping track, and then I missed a couple of days, now I have no idea who has and has not THANK YOU

Off to finish the last of my projects. Will post pics later,

hugs to all,

Jo/juspeachy

• skohler
    18 years ago

no box here yet but our mail won't be here till after
    3pm & it is only 1;15 pm now so it may get here yet today.
    will post if it dose arrive .

just thought I would share an update on the little ones .

{{gwi:1315646}}

dawn I hope that lilly is feeling better . your love means more to her then you will know , you never loose your pets they are always in our hearts.

Here is the one my brother took this morning just before feeding ;))

{{gwi:1315647}}

well I do have to get a few things to get taken care
    of this afternoon .
    everyone have a great day .
    susie

ps forgive the messy desk but feedings take many kleenex:(( also daddy said mail just came No box today .

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Jo- I haven't received yet.

Susie-How cute your babies are.

Shirley

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Jo- I have recieved mine and the ones I sent out on Saturday have not been delivered yet according to the del #'s, but maybe later today or tomorrow. So I have recieved and sent. Tanarae

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Big HUGS Dawn...praying for Lilly

Happy Birthday Nancy...hope you have a good one :-)

Jo..recieved box 12 5 05..Big Thank you to Sharon..Sent box out 12 12 05...She recieved 12 15 05..but no posting of so..haven't seen her post in like forever!!!Hope all is well in her life..

and Mamabear...DORTPIG...DORTPIG...I'm thinking you might want to go to the corner for a minute or two...LOL :-)

Susie ..oh the baby is so cute..but what a job.

Got to run all..be well and hug your love ones..

Dirtpig...see Mamabear..DIRTPIG

Jean

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Wow Deni you have manx, I have always had them only one 13 yr old manxamese now. I love them they are dogs in a cats body. Merry christmas to you, so happy you are posting again. I can't wait until spring when all the daylilies you sent me will bloom. gonna have the hot choclate you sent christmas eve, having prime rib at daughters, gonna take cookies and your choclate for dessert.My computer is in front of a window and little squirel just went leaping by with what looked like a tulip bulb in his mouth, gotta take him out some peanuts, so he will leave my bulbs alone. Susie cute babies. I may get a new male this year so I can get some babies, daddy is worthless, he has the sex part down but won't sit or help with eggs. typical male.sounds like quite a box is coming from Gloria, I will post as soon as it arrives.Carol

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Jo, I've not recieved mine yet, but I'm not at home to check; I will check later this afternoon. I've sent mine and Marea has recieved it.

Deni, all my babies are fixed, and I don't let them out because three years ago someone shot my Lemeau and the vet had to amputate the leg to the shoulder. It is a shame what some people will do to a animal.

Susie, cute baby!

Dawn, thinking of you again today and please keep us posted.

Will check back later when I get home.

Annie

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hi Again,

I had to come back and post what a wonderful box Jaye sent me.So many wonderful things. Jaye, you may not celebrate Christmas, but you sure know how to pack afriendship/Christmas box.

For the ornament to make me think of her- A box of 4 purple ornaments with (J)oy on them, and 2 CD's of wonderful peaceful music.

Cute Decoration- F*** plant pick,made out of stained glass just too cute, (sorry G), and a pair of pastel colored mini windmill whirlies (for DH)

To make me feel warm and special-Socks, cute and adorable ones, 3, count them, 3 pairs. Each pair has different designs on them, I think these are just great.

Silly little thing- @ calenders, one with flowers, one with classic cars for DH, neck massager, 2 table runners, one beautiful elegant one in a cream brocade fabric, and one delicate Christmas one, with gold threads, and pretty red poinsettias, a bath organizer, (boy can I use this) and some really cute stationary.

Gift from the heart- Judith Leyster tulip bulbs, and 2 adorable votive holders that look like little lamps, they have angels on them, I will have to put them with the big angel votive holder that Nancy sent me, they will go great together.

Candy- Life saver candy canes (grandkids will LOVE these)

Cookies-Tin of Danish butter cookies, LOVE these, DD does too.

True meaning of Friendship-A sweet little garden plaque, 2 new amaryllis, one with a large bud, and 2 peonies,(I adore peonies, Jaye)

For her Christmas memory she sent me 2 large containers of Christmas ornaments in the exact same shape as the lights her mom used to put on their tree.

And EXTRAS... A HUGE candy bar for my Mom, a pack of chew bones for our doggies, and a small pack (in the shape of a fish)of cat treats for our 3 kitties, and a new magnetic pad for my frige for my shopping list.

Wish the pic was better, but there were so many things, I couldn't get too close.

{{gwi:1315648}}

A HUGE THANK YOU JAYE for a wonderful box of goodies.

I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends, and to have 2 such warm and generous people send me such wonderful things. Thank you both Nancy and Jaye, from the very bottom of my heart. I am truly touched by the thoughtfulness and generosity of you both. HUGS.

And I wanted to post this the other day, and didn't remember to do it. This is the little male kitten(Porchie) that came to us this summer, he loves hiding in my junk drawer, and playing(or sleeping)in there is a favorite pastime.

{{gwi:1315649}}

Susie,
    Love those little guys, just too cute. Brings back many memories.

Thanks to those who have "reminded" me that they have sent/recieved/not received.(grin)

Have a great night,

Jo/juspeachy

• marybz5ny
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Oh Dawn, I am feeling so sad for you. I am hoping that you post soon and let us know how things are going. I have said a prayer for peace and comfort for Lilly, you, your DH and your African Grey.

Nancy, Happy belated birthday. Hope it was great!

Jo, I have sent and received my box. And what great boxes everyone is getting!

Susie, what a cute baby! He's got that "I love my Mommy" look on his face in the second picture.

Gotta run and accomplish a few things before bed. Need to make every minute count these days. Feeling a little Bah, humbug right about now.
    MaryB

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone. It was a very nice one. My boss sang to me! lol

Shirley, I hope you have a terrific birthday too. I'm glad your son will be home for it. Mine will be here Friday night for Christmas and birthday all rolled into one. I can't wait!

Angie, glad to see you back. I wish I was computer literate enough to help but I'm not, sorry.

Dawn, my positive thoughts are still with all of you.

Suzie! Your 2nd picture is amazing! I can't believe that little tiny baby is looking at you like that. How very special!!!

Jo, your new baby is really cute in that drawer. Mine used to sleep under the console TV or the dining room table when we were gone. It's a good thing we didn't eat in the dining room much because there was always dirt and hair on the table cloth. He was worth it though.

I have both received and sent mine and it's been received also.

Nancy

• mary_s
    18 years ago

Hi all!
    I haven't posted in awhile. My computer had a virus, too. Actually the virus scanner put it in quarantine so I think everything is OK now! Hope none of you in my address book got any strange or virused messages.

Sue, What cute pictures of your babies!

Jo, your kittie is so darling! By the way I sent my package and it was received by Sherry B. I received a wonderful box from Canna.

Dawn I sure hope and pray things are going better for your dear bird friend, Lily. Keep us posted. This seems to have been a bad year for the pets on this forum!!!!!

Barb, so glad to hear the good news about your DD.

Birthday greetings for Nancy and Shirley!

MaryS

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

Ho HO HO..... Merry Christmas everyone... ho ho ho!!!

dirtpig.... that was just my "rocky balboa" voice... you know my new york accent.... oh lordly im gonna hear it from the ol new york girls for that one...

well, miss canna YOU have outdone yourself girly... thank you sooooooooooooooo or should i say SEW much!!!! grin

you may have yourself a money maker there for sure...do ebay, do napkins.... ill email you privately to thank you too.... awesome!!!!! hugs!

Happy birthday Nancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 29 and holding!!!!!
    me too! and sue too... too cute of picture!!!

dawn???????? hugs hugs hugs....

annie and all... i think i may be getting a kitty form my daughter for Christmas.... I have been dropping hiints bad.. I want two... black and white...like socks that susan had remember girls?????

And my daughter said she had not bought me anything yet... yet????? YET????????????????????????????????????
    I may be wrong... i miss mine soooooooooooooooooooooo bad... so does amber, standard white poodle who thinks shes a lap dog,,,, make that person...

ill be back.... no one knows how to upload camera shots huh??? help smart people!!!

Carol I love that saying from your hubby! too sweet,,,,

email me as soon as your boxes come.... soon as!!!! I cant wait!!!!
    then and only then will i explain the rest to you.....
    the mystery continues,,,,,
    wanta hint....
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

goota run... hugs to all.... and to all a goodnight! xoxoxo

• mareas
    18 years ago

Wow you all - it took me nearly an hour to catch up and I have so many reactions & opinions & emotions that all I can say is that I am praying for Dawn & her family...
    Jo - I have received my box from Annie and the box I sent Nancy was received. ~m'
    {{gwi:1315650}}

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Good morning everyone,

I need to thank each and every one of your for your wonderful words of support, comfort, and prayers for Lilly. It means the world to me. You are all such good friends and I am thankful to have you. I will give you an update at the end of this post..........

I missed Nancy's birthday....so sorry!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY! Big birthday hugs to you. Hope you had a really great day.

And Barb, i've been meaning to email you , but just haven't had a chance. I wanted to tell you how happy I am to hear the good news about Sara. I was just overjoyed for you when I read your post. That is the best news ever! Big hugs to you as well.

Earthly, I still never answered your question! Sorry, i'll stand in the corner for a while. If you were referring to the purple vine, yes, that's a sweet potato too. That one would be 'Ace of Spades'. Gets very dark. I might have some in the Spring.
    Are you still under snow like we are?

Susie, those pictures are precious. Your words mean alot to me. I have certainly thought about you & your dear Deni thoughout this time.

Deni, soooo glad you liked everything I sent. I really like Burt's Bee's products and figured that set for the hands would be great for a gardener. : )

Christmas swap box: Yes, mine has been sent, and yes, I received the most wonderful one from Jo!

To everyone: I had cards & some other things to send to you, but my situation with Lilly took precedence over my holiday preparations. I'm so sorry. Anything I was going to send will arrive late.

Update on Lilly: I talked with my vet Monday morning, and she thought it was best if I brought her in to be seen. DH came home from work early to take us. I put Lilly in her carrier and off we went. I know this is all so stressful to her, and I tried to keep her calm.
    The vet looked at the fluid that was removed over the weekend, but unfortunately the cells were too degenerated to give a specific diagnosis. She was able to pretty much rule out cancer and/or a tumor. She didn't want to pull more fluid, as Lilly is very bruised from having it done over the weekend, and she could possibly die from dehydration. The doc did say it was most likely liver and/or heart disease. Lilly's breathing is very "wet". I guess she has fluid in her lungs as well. The vet said we have a small chance that medicating her will help her feel better and maybe give her more time that would be pain-free. I have both an antibiotic and something that is similar to a diuretic. Should help to pull some of the fluid off of her.
    Picture me trying to administer meds to this tiny peep that is no bigger than the palm of my hand. I am using a syringe and trying to put the liquid in her mouth. The past two days haven't gone so well, and most of the meds ended up all over her head. : (
    I will try a different approach today.
    She is still eating well, and just now rang her bell. That makes me happy. Her belly is still pretty distended, but not as swollen as Saturday. I have been singing to her like I always have. I hope that is helping her stay calm and easing her heavy breathing.
    We have isolated her, which has been hard on my Grey. He has had her by his side for almost 6 years. It is very obvious that he misses her. I cried all evening last night while playing with him. He kept mentioning her, and I had to explain that she has to live downstairs 'till she feels better.
    We are just going to take things day by day. Every morning that I wake and my girl is still with me is a gift. As long as she's not suffering, I will be happy.

Well, I will have to do more catching up later. I'm sorry that i'm so behind.

Thanks again to all of you. I am having such a difficult time, and reading your words gives me comfort.

Hugs to all,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I also wanted to send some hugs to Anita....
    Anita, I hope you and your family are doing okay. Haven't heard from you in a while. I am praying that things are alright.
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

jo, in answer to your question, i did in fact send and i also received a wonderful box from carol chocked full of goodies. i posted my receipt in one of the earlier threads as i received some time ago and i believe you were all still involved in your thanksgiving swap. i get amazed at how quickly these threads go. you ladies really "yack it up" lol!!! (said with the best intention)

i love reading what everyone is receiving. each box is just as good as the next. i am going to try to make that snowman pillow if it takes the next 5 years. i'm not much with a needle and thread, but i can still try. and jo, i again have to tell you just how fantastic that nativity scene is. you are so talented.

dawn, i'm so sorry to hear about lilly. i feel your pain and heartbreak and i'm sitting here at work sobbing like an idiot. we just went through it but with the worst outcome. i just hope and pray for the best for you. (http://hometown.aol.com/prayersforpets/Prayers.html)

i'm not neglecting thoughts and wishes to anyone else - just got a little overwhelmed with the sick pet

i asked for a digital camera for christmas. hopefully santa will come through - if not, i'll buy my own. it will just be fun being able to post pictures like you all do when you send your packages.

may each and everyone of you keep the beauty and joy of the season in your heart and home today, tomorrow and always.
    merry christmas from my heart to yours! thanks for allowing me to be a part of this group. you are all really neat people in your own right. God Bless You!

maryanne/earthly

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

I didn't make it home yesterday to check the mail. Stayed all night in town because we had a meeting this morning at work. It is a darn good thing I keep a change of clothes with me.

I know! I can call the post office and see if I have a package waiting for me. HO HO HO

I will be back in a bit to let you know.
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Doing the happy dance! I called the P.O. and yes, there is a package there.My postmaster told me she would leave a key in the box, and put the package in the locker if I didn't get there before they close at 4:00.

Oh shoot, I didn't ask her who it was from. I will post when I get home to get it.
    Annie
    Annie

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Good going Lilly, hand in there, big hugs to mamma. both of my little keets died last year, it was heartbreaking, they are like children and should wait to go until after us. love and prayers to you.Gloria, no box yet, but I am keeping an eagle eye on the mail, so will let you know as soon as it arrives. lots of love to all carol

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

Many of you are currently writing cards to friends
    and family. If you can, please send an extra one (or
    10, or 20) to our American military heroes who are
    recuperating from wounds this Christmas Season.
    Please enclose a short note thanking them for their
    service and personal sacrifice. They are the
    protectors of our freedom, we must let them know.

Your small act of kindness will be greatly appreciated.
    Here's the address...

A Recovering American Soldier
    c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20307-5001

Ps a happy new year card will be great or a thinking about you card... it doesnt have to be christmas.....

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE do this...

as you know my grandparnets raised me till i was 10... we were in the air force...

I still get chills when i see the Amercian Flag... when i hear the sounds of silence that come from respect at folks with hands over hearts...

I could go on but if youve never been around people so willing to lead their lifes for freedoms sake and you and me it cant be explained. I know this...
    Soliders are heros, not football players... tho yall know I love football... tru tru... heros, the true ones dont blow their own horns, they silently lay in holes and pray and fight... lecture over.. please help them back..

love you all...

A man stopped today and told me my house looks like the christmas house!!! I answered the door.... and even let him in.. how dumb was that!!!!
    I will not take my christmas stuff down untill i get photos to show you all....

wheres paul?? doesnt HE know about uploading and camera stuff? ellen do you???? help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more hugs to dawn....

thanks for the christmas cards .. oh no

my husband just yelled that our hot water heat is broke.. and i am sitting hear with hairdye on my head... oh my!!!
    bye for now... xoxox

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hi, everyone.
    Gloria, email me your problem and your camera model and I'll try to help you.

Jo, I've sent my box to Canna and she received it. I have not received anything yet. Glad you liked the box, Canna. This being my first, I wasnt' sure if I did things right.

Susie, I don't know anything about molasses grass or keeping deer away. We have coyotes around here, but luckily they only eat the neighborhood cats. Your babay bird is so cute... my kids would love to have a handfed bird like that. Some toys are headed your way for our other exchange :).

Dawn, best wishes for Lilly and your family.

Nancy and Shirley, Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Deni, I got your emails about the game... I'm so confused. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to guess. Maybe it'll become clearer as the game goes along???

Well... that's all the notes I took this round... LOL. This group is so active, it's difficult to keep track.
    Paul

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Let's try to make our own Twelve Days of Christmas. Everyone who posts need to add a verse. Ready?

On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...

A big box from Tra-veling Day-lilies.

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Well,I picked up my Secret Santa Box and bubble envie full of seeds from Sherry B aka(msbernard), and what a nice box it is.

A special ornament for my tree, is a paper casting she made from a Cookie art mold of Santa with stars.

Twice the rich chocolate Milano Cookies.

Two Dark Chocolate Heavenly Pecan Clusters.

Two Christamas oven mitts, and a holiday kitchen towel.

A special Santa surprise, these are three beeswax santas that she made herself

A cute snowman box that the Pecan Clusters were in.

A bag of Traders Coffee

Berry Candle

Beeswax Angel to keep myself and hubby safe.

Godiva Hot Cocoa mix

Beeswax hand cream
    Beeswax Bee Bar scented hand and body lotion(smells so good)

A envie full of seeds for me to wintersow! Sherry,my cat Lameau has been loving up your letter and bubble envelope. I wonder what is on it that he likes so well. One of the other cats are sitting in the box.

A Christmas memory was when her daughter Tracey was 4, and in the hospital for kidney surgery. Sherry being the only parent there, and daughter were quarantined for six weeks because of a bug that was going through the hospital.She said the memory will always be with her.

Sherry, thanks so much for all the wonderful, thoughtful things that you took the time to make yourself. I will take some pictures later and post them.

My vote of course goes to Sherry!

LIFE IS GOOD,

• mary_s
    18 years ago

Gloria,
    Do you still have the Kodak Easyshare program like mine? I usually resize my pics before downloading to Photobucket,although I think they will resize there as you download but it takes alot longer, especially with my dialup! On the Easyshare program click on the picture...then Edit...then Save as (you probably want to change the name slightly, like add an "A" at the end so you won't lose the original pic) and then at the bottom of that box is "resize"...go to "best for web".
    I recently started using photobucket instead of image shack and like it better! Directions are on there. Hope this makes sense.
    Sorry everyone else...I should have emailed G privately.... I am still worried about that nasty old virus going to my friends, but I think it is gone now!My scan says no viruses and so far no problems with the puter!

Oh Dawn...sounds like Lily is holding her own. Our pets are really like family!Sure will be thinking of you!
    Well gotta go now. MaryS

{{gwi:1308714}}

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hi All,
    Just a quick check in.

Paul,
    I really like that idea.
    Lets see,

ON THE 2ND. DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME....TWO TULIP BULBS AND A BIG BOX FROM TRAVELING DAY-LILIES

Thanks all for posting about sending receiving your boxes, it has really helped me out.

Off to eat dinner, just got home from work,

Hugs to all,

Jo/juspeachy

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Paul, just want to let you know even though I do not do tropicals, because of the fact, I don't have the room nor luck in overwintering plants, your pictures are beautiful and please keep them coming. Also nice Idea on the the 12 days of Christmas.

ON THE THIRD DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE SENT TO ME THREE BEESWAX SANTAS,TWO TULIP BULBS AND A BIG BOX FROM TRAVELING DAY-LILIES.

Shirley happy birthday!

Oh yes, I forgot to add that I got this neat, neat popup christmas card from Sherry also, and I will work on posting pictures later

Annie

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...three turtle necks...two tulip bulbs and a big box from traveling day-lilies!!!

Jo sent mine received mine! Yahoo!

Anita, ((HUGS)) where ever you are.

Dawn ((HUGS)) for Lilly.

Gloria, glad you liked it :)

~Canna

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

OH Gloria,
    What a wonderful Idea!!!!
    Thank you so much for posting the address. I will make sure to send several.
    You just know I totally agree with you on this. With one son still in the military and one who was a Marine (once a Marine, always a Marine)I cannot thank our Military enough.
    You are so right, sports figures and celebrities are not heros, our military are.
    Yes, everyone, please write them, they get so lonely. I remember when our son came home from Afghanistan, his unit came marching into the quadrangle to the tune of "Proud to be an American", Over two hundred people came to see their sons/fathers/brothers home, but as we watched families come together, and all the tears and hugs, so many of these young men stood in small groups with no one, NO ONE to welcome them home from the war. I wanted to go and hug each and every one of them. I felt so bad. How could no one come to see them. I would have gotten there to see my son home if I had to walk across the whole dang country to be there. So, please, write to them, they may have no one who cares.

Thank you again Gloria,
    You are awesome,
    hugs,

Jo/juspeachy

• veeja11
    18 years ago

On the fourth day of christmas my true love gave to me, The gift of love from my friends in the traveling daylillies. My daughter and son in-law are both in the army, back from Iraq now stationed in california. they are always after me to write to their friends. so thankyou Gloria for the little rump kick. we just forget sometimes. Thankyou carol

• msbernard
    18 years ago

I am so glad Annie got her box before Christmas. I had my fingers crossed. I know Marea probably had time to mail her box but I had to get my package to Santa as he was ready to fly East. He was very patient with me thank goodness. I grow flowers for the bees and me. Hence my love of beeswax. I want everyone to know I have tried and tried to be a successful picture poster and have failed miserably and I apologize to MaryS. I cannot tell you all what a fun time Mike, Megan and I had going through her box while we were trying like a hot summers day to get warm last Wednesday. It was 2 degrees the next morning but by then the wood stove was back in full force. We ate her cookies and candy like there was no tomorrow. I got the Butterfingers and 1 of the Lindor truffles. We shared the cookies and the Hershey's chocolate bar which was all dressed up like Christmas. Remember, I told you that Susan 'Axelrose' had shared her cookie recipe last year with Mary. Well, Mary was kind enough to send it to me with the cookies made from that recipe! Maybe Mary will post the recipe so everyone can try them. They were yummy. OK then MaryS brought more smiles to the 3 of us with the cutest frosted Snowman tree ornament. He was dressed warmly for his travels west in a nice hat and billowing scarf. He smiled ear to ear when we first met him and must like us because he still is. We don't do a tree anymore but our collection of Christmas gets to come down from the attic for the season and the little snowman fits right in. Mary's Christmas memories were shared with me and mine via a photo of her children when they were pretty little helping mommy with Christmas cookies. They are sitting at the table with cookie cutters, cookie dough and flour. You should see the flour. They were having much fun that day. Mary said they are 20 and 22 years old now and away at college. I hope they get to come home for Christmas break. Mary also enclosed a photo of her family home surrounded by snow all dressed up in its holiday finery. I think our climate must match some. The cold arctic air coming down from North Pole collided with the nice warm air coming up the coastline from California and points south and sure created havoc all across this great nation of ours. Winter. And the silly little thing that Mary enclosed was this light-up Snowman pen and a Snowman pad so that I was made ready to take notes or leave notes. The pen was more than just silly - it took us more than a minute to figure it out (Megan was the one who 'got it' first) and we laughed and laughed as we were eating all the candy and cookies hopping around with this pen and pad. It was a great 'silly' treat Mary. She does not want me to forget important dates in 2006 so sent me the most beautiful calender gift set featuring the artwork of Janet Kruskamp titled WELCOME TO MY GARDEN. Each month has its own garden scene and gives me hope that spring is getting ready to happen any day now. It is Winter Solstice today. The calender is 12" x 12". Nice big pictures. The set included 5 matching Note Cards and envelopes plus a magnetic Note Pad. It is a true 'gift-from-the-heart'. I love it. In the box was a garden trowel which has been painted blue with another warm Snowman - it has a sprig of Christmas greenery attached and a hemp cord for hanging. It will brighten up my garden shed and remind me of Mary every day. It is a great Christmas decoration from a great gardening friend. To help keep me warm while I wait for Spring Mary sent some black socks from the White Stag Co. with their Stag logo and some verbage under the logo which states 'A Leap Above'. Mary might know that White Stag is an Oregon Company. It also part of my childhood memory bank. I wore White Stag swimsuits and little rubber caps that you had to wear way back then when swimming in a pool facility. They strive for quality and acheived it with these socks which have a huge white tacked on gift ribbon. Very nice. I grew up on the Oregon coast and when we went to Portland one of the things you would see was a huge Stag lit up. I don't travel into Portland that way anymore so have not seen the Stag in years but I wanted to share my White Stag memory with all of you. Now if Mary did not know about White Stag I think that the Christmas Spirit helped her with her shopping the day she picked these socks out. She also sent along 2 HotHands-2 hand warmers which can provide up to 10 hours of warm heat. It is toooooooooo bad these were not 4'11" long and queen-sized as I am short and round. I did not think to use these when we all nearly froze last week - I wonder why not. It would have been a real test of my own Christmas Spirit because they would have been hard to share with my other 2 family members as it clearly warns not to open the packets up. Hmmmm. I do like warm. Megan has been sick all week. The Dr. says she has a strep-throat in addition to her horrible cough etc. She was sick when I picked her up on Friday from school. We all had our flu shots the end of November and he was glad to hear of that. Oh yeah - he also gave her an ointment to start right away because all the kids they have seen starting Saturday also had pink-eye. Mary's box also held a packet of kleenex with another smiling Snowman - they are too cute to use. And then to share in the tradition of the true meaning of Christmas she sent an ornament made of clay which shows the family and their donkey as they get ready to leave the stable. OH! I almost forgot. She sent a ink pen from Iowa covered in corn. What a hoot. A pen from her home state - thanks Mary. What a great idea this was and fun too. I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas. It has been a great joy to be part of this Round Robin.
    SherryB

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

FA LA LA LA LA...

Wait!

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

...LA LA...LA LA

~Canna

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

ON THE FIFTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME FIVE MILITARY FRIENDS, THE GIFT OF LOVE FROM MY FRIENDS IN THE TRAVELING DAYLILIES,THREE BEESWAX SANTAS,TWO TULIP BULBS AND A BIG BOX FROM TRAVELING DAY-LILIES.

Thanks for the address Gloria. Will get some cards out real soon.

Thanks also for the Happy Birthdays. It will be here before long.

Shirley

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 5 sweetpeas blooming, 4 the gift of love from my friends in the traveling daylilies, 3 turtle necks and 3 beeswax santas, 2 tulip bulbs and a big box from the traveling daylilies.

Neat idea Paul!

Hang in there Lilly, we're pulling for you girl. Give the grey and extra pat on the head so he won't be so lonely for her.

Gloria, I'll pull out my cards and get some sent. Thanks for the address and you're so right! They ARE the heroes and should be the ones making all that money!

Earthly, the great thing about folk art like Annie's pillow is that you don't want your stitches to be perfect. The imperfections are what makes it so cute and unique. I want to see a picture with your new camera of your pillow when you get it made. ;-)

Thanks again for the Happy Birthdays ya'll.

Nancy