SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendy301

Bluebird ? Please help!

Wendy301
11 years ago

I found this baby when she was approx. 4 days old. She was laying on sidewalk...100 degrees out...flattened left foot. I will attach a picture of her when I found her and what she looks like today. I have had her for 8 days. I assume she is about 12 days old. I am not sure if she is a Bluebird! Up until yesterday, I had her in a basket with a cozy nest, etc. I had a light over her. I only slept about 2 hours the first 2 days I had her. I have been feeding her mostly Purina Cat Chow mush and about 20% dead Meal worms. Yesterday, I put her into a small bird cage. (I hate bird cages, but I have 3 cats!) She has strength in her left fingers, but they are curled together. I can manually uncurl them and place them around my finger and she grips tightly. A few hours ago, she stood on the wooden perch in the bird cage!! Her left foot lays there, but it's functional for balance at least! As much is my heart will break, I know I have to let her go! I have lots of bluebirds in my yard. When should I do this? How do I do this? I would really appreciate any help you could give me!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company