SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa11310

you can save tres babies

14 years ago

At least I am trying. "mine' are 9 days old and lost a parent a few days ago. We have had the same cold rainy weather for days. The babies were peeping non stop for food today. I contacted one of our most trusted forum members and followed instructions to the T. The babies gaped when I opened the box and they all got some nice fat wax worms.I though I had 5 babies, had to do a nest change and found a sixth baby burried, a runt. I brought it in kept it at my body temp and was able to get 4 wax worms down it before I returned it to the nest. I will collect Moths tonight from the windows.The biggest no no...dont give liquids,but if your babies are staving, constant peeping, they will gape for you. Meal worms will work in a pinch but I was told to smush the heads. You can feed crickets too. So far I think my babies will make it, the runt is questionable. I had always thought there was nothing we could do assit them...we can. Keep in mind this is only for emergencies like we are all facing and not anthing you would ever want to do with a regular nesting. Im sorry for all your losses but if any of you have some hanging on give it a try. Im saying my prayers.

Comments (3)