SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Heat/re-pot saves baby Adeniums

Less than 3 weeks ago I wrote regarding my ailing A. Obesum babies that were soft and looking in a sad state and got some useful advise. I decided my best option was to give them more heat/humidity, so, having had them in the propagator since 20thFeb, they are now doing fine! Unfortunately it hadn't enough height to take them as I had raised them up so less caudex was buried so with the aid of some wood offcuts I raised the sides of the tray to accomodate them. Having re-potted them in an even grittier mix with a layer of coarser grit on top to prevent any water from hanging around on the surface it also had the added effect of stabilising them and prevented the 'wobble factor'. The old limp leaves were stripped of the worst 2 as they were serving no useful purpose as they just kept on dying off and all now have new growths appearing. The 4 that had soft caudexes are now as hard as the best one that never went soft (left back). Even the worst (centre front) is now looking promising!! All I have to do is get them to put some more healthy growth on before I take them out and then keep the spider mites at bay, which I found they had also got.

So basically, don't give up if you're having problems, as with good advise and proper care you can get them through it...provided they haven't already gone to far!!

{{gwi:503738}}

Comments (6)