SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dobbers_gw

Saving Grafted Adenium...

dobbers
13 years ago

In a message originally posted to my Yahoo Adenium Group several days ago and received no help with I wrote...

Recently I received a hefty order from one of our recommended sellers for quite a few seeds as well as one grafted plant. After potting up the grafted plant in my usual grit mixture a few weeks passed and I noticed some rotting on two of the three scions and promptly cut off as much as I could only to find that the rotting went right down through the graft point. In hopes of salvaging something I've left the wound to seal over and callous. In the pictures you can clearly see the graft point and what is left from the graft. I have left the plant out of the elements and given it no water for almost 2 weeks. Judging from the pictures, what do you think my chances are of sprouting new scions (of the grafted cultivar) from what I have left? Is it ready to begin watering again?

Also, you'll notice in the other pictures I have the third scion that was cut

but didn't originally show any rotting. But clearly, after potting it up in

hopes of having it root, it too is now showing some rotting. What should I do

next with it? Cut as far up until no more rotting occurs and allow it to

callous over? Should I remove all leaves? Any and all help is more than

appreciated. Thank you for helping me try to salvage something out of almost

nothing here.

PS - what makes the situation even more depressing is the deluge of rain we've had here the last few days. Seeds that I recently potted up from another substantial order are rotting before coming up, rotting while coming up, or in some cases rotting while fully up. It has been raining steadily for about 3 days now

{{gwi:628239}}

{{gwi:628241}}

{{gwi:628243}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting