SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kenn3d

Portraits of the parents

15 years ago

Hi all,

Well this is day 11 (since the hatching of our 2nd clutch), and we are so filled with anticipation of the 2nd fledging early next week. (Dave's fabulous photos of his 2nd crew launching makes us ever the more excited of course. :)

Our first fledges are coming just briefly in the evenings now, and don't stay long. Missy and Mr.B seem to tolerate this as long as they don't stay long or eat too many mealies. But if they linger around the bowl they get flapped off!. We don't expect them to be around much longer.

Meanwhile, I've been shooting a lot of pictures of our great parent birds and thought I might share a few here.

Missy likes to perch on the tomatoe sticks where she has a good few of both the nestbox and the worm bowl. Here I caught her landing:

Mr.B has been such a good father, and continues to feed the chicks, guard the box, and carry sacs off thruout the day. When the sun is on him just so, he is one beautiful bluebird:

Here's Missy sitting atop our homemade spooker:

{{!gwi}}

And one more colorful shot of her perched on a hummingbird feeder:

We really couldn't ask for a better pair of parents to host. And we hope to have some photos of their 2nd brood of fledglings to share here soon.

Kenn

Comments (4)