SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

Oh my! oh my! I have a pair of Blues house hunting!!!!

dzyg
15 years ago

I was going to take a walk and walked out of our garage and heard that familiar song. Grabbed the binocs and found him sitting on a wire out front. Then he flew down to a chickadee house that had the hole enlarged due to a woodpecker, I saw a TRES go in it once but I am not sure a Blue could get in there or not. Then he flew out back to the other chickadee house that has the hole reducer on it and mom Blue was with him. I ran out and took the reducer off just to keep them interested in our yard. Figured if they stayed by this box I would have dh put a new box up near it tonight as this is the one the wren is interested in. We only have one actual Bluebird house left that is empty as we have seven pairs of TRES nesting in the others. They did finally find the empty Bluebird box and checked it out big time. Mom went in and stayed in for a long time while dad hung on the outside. They have also been checking out the TRES nestboxes too but for the most part they are getting chased away from them. I need some please nest here Blues vibes!!! Oooh I just went and looked quick and they are back on the one empty nestbox. It is a NABS style box and it is paired with a TRES Gilwood box, they are 19ft apart. There was a HOSP pair which had just started a nest in there but I disposed of the male this morning and the female left, Whew!!

After I saw this pair of Blues I got worried about my two pairs at the park as I am thinking these maybe had a failed nesting. I went and checked and both are safe and sound. We should have some eggs hatching this weekend on one of the pairs down there, and next week with the other pair.

I am so excited, I hope they stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath