SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikonhead

I have a pair nesting am I doing everything I should be.

nikonhead
12 years ago

This is the first time I have a pair nesting with out the constant pressure from any HOSP. I have not trapped any but I do have a trap out and they stay away from it. I had one HOSP messing with the box at first but I put some yellow string on the box itself and he didn't like that at all. shortly thereafter the bluebirds started visiting it and the female used some coconut liner from a hanging basket and built a next over the next couple of days. I watched and kept guard as much as I could and the HOSP has not really even tried to mess with it. I have had an egg laid each day and as of this morning I have 3 eggs. Last week I went and got some meal worms and started setting them out. The mockingbird got some of them the first day but I would wait until I could see them and then I would put out the worms and I would whistle for them. Now when I go out to put some worms in the dish I just whistle and they come right in to eat them. I hope I have a sucessful hatch. Is there anything I should be doing other than what I am already doing. I did put up a home made sparrow spooker made out of paint stir sticks and some yellow string and some scrap mylar from some ballons I got from party city that were going to be thrown away. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments (21)