SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indigo658

I really need some help...ASPA!!!

indigo658
13 years ago

Well I am the one with the dees in my bluebird house. Mama dee laid her 2nd egg today. About noon today I noticed the blues were back and wanting in their house. They were the ones that tired earlier this month and the eggs were infertile. They almost killed the mother dee when she came out and was trying to get back in the box. The female blue had her on the ground. I am totally confused on what to do. I talked with someone at a bird and feed store today. She told me to leave them alone and let them decide who gets the box. I did not put a reducer up because I have never had to use one. The lady told me it was to late to put one up now. She told me that it would not do any good to put up another box. I don't have enough room in my yard for a 2nd box. Now what to do?? I can't stand watching them fight over this box. I no that the dee will be needing to lay more eggs and the blues are needing to start another nest. These blues have been coming to this box for years. They are not ready to give their place up for another bird. So does anyone have any advice? Do I just leave it up to the birds or do I need to do something about this? Sorry so long just trying to cover all the grounds so that someone can give me advice.

Thanks!

Comments (5)