SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksolomons

Strange BB behavior

ksolomons
10 years ago

I am new to Bluebirds. I had two show up in late February, eastern bluebirds, a male and female. They came every few days to feed on suet. The day I put up a nest box the male came and immediately perched on it for some time. The next day the female came and went in and out and then they both would go in. This continued for about a week each day. Then I did not see the female for a few weeks except maybe a day here and there to eat live meal worms or suet. The male would come daily to eat and he would perch on the box and look in but not go in. He hangs around a lot. I assumed she had picked a nest elsewhere. BUT, today she came back with him and she once again went in the house and stayed a bit. He stayed on the top looking out. She came out to eat and then they flew off again. He came back alone and is still looking in box often. Have they selected a nest box yet? Is mine still an option? Or are they just curious even though they may have a nest somewhere. No nesting material is in the box as yet. Thanks

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH