SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spaghetina

Can you all take a guess at what kind of cherry this is? (pics)

spaghetina
14 years ago

I went to the farmer's market today because I have pretty much no ripe ones of my own to speak of, and they had these orange/yellow/red cherries there today. I asked the guy (gosh, I should find out his name one of these days - he's awesome, and "the guy" doesn't really do him justice, lol) what they were called, and he said he didn't know the name of them yet. I'm guessing they're a new one that his boss is growing this year.

The color in the pictures is pretty bad because I didn't have enough light, and then I had too much with the flash, but they range anywhere from quite orange, to a more reddish hue. The changes in color come sort of in splotches, but some of them have sort of a lighter star shape on the blossom end. Since I couldn't scrounge up a quarter for scale, I'll just tell you that they're about the diameter of a quarter, but there are some fruits that are more round, some that are a bit more oblong, and some that are a bit more round and flat. They really look like some sort of heirloom cherry, but I took a quick look and didn't see anything resembling them. The flavor is outstanding. They're very sweet with quite a lot of acid, and have a really bright, fruity flavor.

So, ok. No more jibber jabber, here are the photos:

Comments (9)