SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

Tree Swallows.....

dzyg
15 years ago

Since we didn't have any Blues around (anywhere!) and only the TRES have been claiming nestboxes I thought I would see if I could get some Tres pictures. Here is one I really liked....

Then Saturday afternoon after getting home from adopting a new puppy from our local humane society....

what did I see but two TRES fighting with a male Bluebird! Gosh I guess I always thought the Blue would win but that TRES took him right to the ground and kept him there. He was still around an hour later though. He seemed to be alone. Didn't see a female anywhere. Now I am hoping since we have some cold weather for today and the next two days (going from temps in the upper 60's to low 70's to temps in the lower 40's!! and rain) that maybe the TRES will take off for a day or so and the Blues can move in. Not sure if that will happen or not but I was hoping for at least one pair of Blues here, I know we will get TRES, that is a given. There have been at least six pair out there the past week. Problem is they haven't started nestbuilding yet so they are protecting more than just one house at a time it seems.

Donna

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022