SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkineel

mnf: 'Hurry up and Wait!' November swap PARTNERS!

nikkineel
15 years ago

The FABULOUS FOURTEEN are:

lindaruzicka - Linda and dirt_under_my_nails - April

jaleeisa - Kathy and dan_the_mailman - Dan

proudgm_03 - Becky and nikkineel - Nikki

ejmoore510 - Joan and veeja11 - Carol

mommyto2 - Monica and gypsysparrow - Celina

greenthumbgrow - Tammy and markcase1964 - Mark

debbya - Deb and suze62 - Suzi

Everyone enjoy getting to know your partners! So what are you waiting for? "Hurry up" and email your partners, check out their trade page, do a search on them on gardenweb - let's make some new friends! Nikki

Comments (150)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You're right, Dan! There was also a box of Turkish Delight and the suggestion that we watch "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" while enjoying the Turkish Delight!

Which we did.. and I brought out the Turkish Delight at the appropriate point in the movie. The kids were all wondering just what Turkish Delight was and really enjoyed it!

(Dunno what happened to my previous post.. )

Hehe since Dan gave away the game, I'll post again in a moment about what else was in the box he sent me!

Kathy

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

LOTS of maple leaves!
    Live Plantcolor=green>
    Red Mandevillia Plant
    Bulbscolor=green>
    Tulip - 'Angelique"
    Anemones - 'De Cean' mix
    Crocus- Large flowering mix (didn't have these! just the smaller ones!)
    Daffodil- 'Ice Follies'
    Seeds(# of trade packets)color=green>
    White Pampas Grass (LOTS- a WHOLE Pampas Grass head!)
    Sweet William
    Peppers- Italian Long Hots
    Pumpkin- Lumina (YAY! The WHITE ones! I wanted these!)
    Ornamental Millet Grass (2)
    Red Bee Balm
    Shasta Daisy heads! (3)
    Carrot- Purple Haze
    Morning Glory- 'Sunrise Serenade'
    Bi- colored Black eyed Susan (2)
    Herb- Florence Fennel
    Coleus- 'Palisandra'
    Sunflowers- from the bulk of the package, I'm thinking it's the Mammoth
    Pumpkin- 'Ghost Rider'
    Hollyhocks- Light Pink (2)
    Spiderwort (2)
    Cosmos- Orange (2)
    Apple- 'Hawaii' (It's actually an apple tree! Dan, can you give me more info on this? All I could find was something about it having a pineapple yellow skin and a tropical flavor with a hint of pineapple. Can I grow it in a pot?)color= red>
    French Marigold (4)
    Lily- 'Tiger'
    Datura- Yellow
    Datura- 'Double Black Current'
    Blanketflower
    Garden Goodies!color=green>
    Aqua Globes (2!)
    Garden Snail to keep my frogs and turtles company
    Thermometer (window)
    Garden Turtle!
    Garden Gnomes- one laying on his tummy and one sitting down smoking a pipe!
    Two different mini birdhouse ornaments (butterflies around here love these!)
    Large bag of plant food packages!
    Newspaper from Traverse City, Michigan! I'm gonna enjoy reading this and getting to know more about where Dan and Paula live!
    Bubble Envies and seed envies! Needed these badly!
    Banana Peanut Butter Bread baked by Dan himself, and the recipe to make it! YAY!
    Turkish Delight! For those familiar with the book "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" or the movie "Narnia" you know what this is. So we followed the suggestion and rented the movie and enjoyed the Turkish Delight (brought out at the appropriate moment) as we watched! The kids were enchanted that we actually had Turkish Delight and really enjoyed it!
    A wonderful letter from Dan and Paula and Bump... did I mention that the package was inspected by Bump and he even put a picture of himself into the box? :)

WOW!!!!! I'm gonna be REALLY busy!!!!!!! Thanks so much, Dan, Paula and Bump! The gnomes, turtle, snail and mini birdhouses have already found their way to their new homes and are busily getting to know their neighbors! The Aqua globes are already keeping my Peace Lily and Wandering Jew happy! Cliff claimed and munched on the bread, moaning in bliss!(Though he did share a *little* with everyone else) I was out planting bulbs when the package arrived, so was able to go ahead and plant out the bulbs then! Worked wonderfully since I was planting Anemones, tulips, daffs, crocus and alliums when the package arrived! Just made the holes a little larger and swapped some bulbs around a little to make room for the new arrivals!
    What am amazing box! What a way to wrap up my RR swaps for the year! Oh! and did I mention that the leaves smell amazing? Made me think of fall bonfires! I'm gonna use them to mulch my newly planted bulbs!

Thank you again, Dan and Paula!

Your box will hopefully be on it's way by no later than Wednesday. I'm waiting on two more orders to arrive that contain some things I especially wanted for your box. Things I swapped for get here in so much less time than ordering. One of the things I really like about trading vs. ordering.. more instant gratification! If they're not here before Wednesday, I'm gonna pack up and will mail those things separately.

HUGS
    Kat

• Related Discussions

update: mnf: april's fool 2 - partner list!!

Q

Comments (151)
    LOL... one word... CATNIP! Lots of it! I think I've contacted everyone that I needed to today. If not, someone drop me a note. We're forecast for severe thunderstorms today through tomorrow night, so my computer time may be limited. I don't like being on when there's lightening even though we have cable internet. Fran, please let me know ASAP whether you hear from Carrie. That will be the deciding factor in what I set up for Joan. By the way, Jamie emailed me and is still trying to get in touch with Kim. I let her know that officially, I'd dropped them from the swap, but if they complete it, both of them, and send me DCNs and post contents, it will have them clear for the group with the condition that they will have to send first in the next MNF swap they join. I felt this was the most fair way to deal with it, if they both complete the swap. I invite her to hang about and get to know folks and she's assured me that she will :) I'm very happy about that! Oh, and I called the company I ordered from and they're putting a rush on the order, and I found out that it's always best to call the order in and request a rush. Have a really nice conversation with the young lady I spoke with. We discussed my theme gardens and she's going to be checking into GW. She's interested in seeing my Gargoyle bed and Naughty Garden and I'd bet she'd be interested in seeing some of the other Goth type beds and any of the themed beds. She was really interested in the possibilities of those. I told her she'd need to check back in a couple months to see pics of mine since they're still pretty dormant at the moment and it will take some time for the kids and DH to get everything tended to, especially in the new beds that we just started working on. Anyway, she was a really sweet young lady and we had a nice conversation and she tried to see if there was more she could do to get my order here quickly. The rush was all she could do, but I should have my order here sometime late next week or early the following week. So I'll be able to have Nikki's box to mail out then. Everything else is ready and packed. Or ready to be packed :) Though the longer I have to wait to mail it off, the more seeds I find to tuck in ... for cushioning, ya know? Kathy
    ...See More

update: mnf's june's one really weird swap partners :)

Q

Comments (89)
    Good morning! Hope everyone is staying cool! We actually had some rain yesterday. The wind was blowing so hard it blew over my husbands crazy grill over. Propane tank and all! The worst part is it landed on top of some of my plants I had potted up :( They look kind of smooshed, but I planted them last night in the ground (crossing my fingers they make it). Shelly, Sue emailed me with my dc # for my box from another swap and was wondering if she did the same for you? Her hubby packed the box (with Sue supervising). I can't wait to see what's in there. As I told her in a email if that was left to my husband there would be a rotty, smelly, bare-root box headed someones way :0) Robin, when Liz emailed me that she sent your box out that was like 2 weeks ago! She also said in her email that she sent out a bunch of boxes and none of them have been received. And I haven't heard from her since. If you don't hear from her by Friday, we'll consider her not sending. And I'll get a box together for you...as I told Shelly, I have a lot of weirdness to go around :)...and its not fair that you have been waiting till the middle of July for a box you should have received in June (with no word of what is going on). I would rather send to you this coming week then wait till it gets hotter out...August is coming...and I can only imagine MORE HEAT! Please send me your mailing addy :) and I'll start making a list of this and that's for your weird box :) Have a super duper day everyone! vina
    ...See More

MNF Hugs and Healing Swap Partners

Q

Comments (149)
    Hi Carol, Yes your box did arrive and let me share with Everyone what I received! The plants look great! Our temps have been really chilly, I've been afraid to send anything 'live' lately. The heuchera's my favorite, I love the foliage! Cranberry & Pear bath soak (I need a few hours to revive, LOL) Gardening gloves (always need these) Fridge pad of paper w/magnet (paper never lasts in this house, we always need it) Rain gauge (really neat, I've always wondered how much rain we get with our crazy weather) Cute picture frame (Daughter ran away with this) Package of plant markers (I always need plant labels) Jap Iris/blue (love Jap IRIS) Asiatic lily (love Lily too) This is going by my Mom's house in her landscape Heuchera with reddish leaves (another one for my Mom's house) Earring set with earrings (Daughter ran away with these too, LOL) Sweet pea body lotion set/gels (I'm hiding this) fruit delight (looks so yummy) Pink sweet pea candle (smells wonderful) Nice notebook (I need this by the computer desk) Journal, photo frame (Daugher ran off with these) Chai spice tea (Never tried spice tea, sounds really good) purple elephant (MINE, LOL) I'm putting him in my car, let's see how long I'll have him. ;) Thank you Carol for such a wonderful box! I loved everything you sent! This swap was so much fun! Better make this short, It's so late and I'm jumping in the shower to try Carol's shower jel, yummy smelling lotion! Hugs, Deb
    ...See More

mnf: 'Hurry up and Wait' boxes are coming in!

Q

Comments (33)
    WOO HOO!! Mail lady just dropped off my box. It was worth waiting for too..... ~Little Planters ~Fleece Lined gloves(they fit well....like a glove. LOL!) ~Sm & Lg bubble envies(never have too many!) ~Seed zip bags(see above!) ~Metal Plant Markers(once again, see above!) ~Pumpkin Pie scented candle(about to fire that puppy up!) ~Little notebook (headed to my purse) ~Mini Russell Stover Sampler(ahhhh...CHOCOLATE!!) ~Sheet of stickers(Brooke's trying to get them open) ~"Apeldoorn Elite" Tulips(love the color!) ~"Trumpet Mixed" Daffs(lovely!) ~"Park Princess" Dahila(my first pink one!need to hide from Taylor!) ~Ohhh about the sugar meter....Big Ole honking bag of M&Ms for the kids.(they are on their home from school. Early out due to icy roads!) ~~SEEDS~~ *Blue Iris *Glads *"Oranges & Lemons" Gaillardia *Liatris *"Red Claret" Sunflower *Lav/Pink poppies *Rose Of Sharon and.....DRUM ROLL PLEASE...... a beautiful Fairy to add to my collection!!!Plus a nice note written on a fairy postcaard! THANK YOU LINDA!!!!! later...April
    ...See More
  • greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Kat/Dan - WOW Kat that is amazing. I did not realize everyone sent sooo much. This is both our first times exchanging so we will learn.

YEAH - I just recieved Marks package and have quite a number of surprizes that was not expected but I really like....
    Here is the list of what I recieved.

Seeds:
    Yellow Angel trumpet - Annuals
    Birdhouse Gourd Seeds
    Purple Angel Trumpet
    Cinnamon Basil - Interesting Story. These seeds were on the international space station and they were given to him as a project for his science class. He said they "took off" but I bet they were "outta this world" hehehe no pun intented. Anyway can't wait to plant these babies
    Chive Seeds
    5 Daffodil bulbs

Cuttings:
    2 Red Tip Jade
    2 Lemon Grass
    2 White Angel Trumpets
    2 Yellow Angel Trumpets
    2 Fig Tree Clippings - Old Southern Variety

Plants:
    Aloe Plant
    Semper Vivum (Chicks and Hens)

Also sent a bag of twizzlers - Red my favorite.

Will definately do this again.

Mark you should have yours by Saturday. Let me know when you recieve it. :-)

Tammy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Kathy, those apple seeds are from an heirloom orchard located about 45 minutes away from my house. Those seeds will grow to be full-size apple trees, so plant them accordingly. You can start them out in pots, but eventually you're gonna want ladders to pick all the apples. And they do taste fantastic! Remind me, and I'll send you some next year. We've eaten ours, and the orchard says they are done for the year. If I'd been thinking, I'd have sent you the apples so you could taste them. Silly me!
    Glad you liked your box!

-Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Kat, That sounds just like something BUMP would do! You know how much cats like their mulch....LOL :O)
    Seriously, that was a GREAT box!
    In fact, EVERYONE is receiving great boxes! Kinda makes me wise I'd have joined. :O)

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW! Those are some great boxes. Great job Dan and Mark. I love the stories about the basil and apple seeds. It's neat to hear where all these seeds come from.
    My favorite seed story is Yvonne's Salvia and today I got some!!!! Yippee! Thanks Medo!

Looks like about half of the boxes have been recieved!

An update:
    Linda(received) and April (sent)
    Kathy (received) and Dan (sent)
    Becky (sent/received) Nikki (sent/received)
    Joan and Carol
    Monica (sent) and Celina (received)
    Tammy (sent/received) and Mark (sent)
    Deb and Suzi (giving Deb a little time to recoup before sending)
    Kat, I'm jealous that you have your bulbs in the ground already. We had a good rain here today so maybe this weekend I'll get mine planted. I'm wondering if any of them can take some partial shade. I have lots of space in the front yard where I'd like to put some daffs and tulips. Anyone grown them in part shade? What about alliums? Becky sent some really pretty ones and I want them to be happy. Yall have a great weekend! Nik

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay, I have April's box about ready to go..sorry I've been absent but I've been dealing with my dear hubby's bi-polar. Talk about mood swings...it's like he has PMS 24/7. Anyways, the doctor has FINALLY decided to put him on Depakoate so I think that will be a big help. It's been time consuming dealing with it all. I should be on the boards more..everyone's boxes are great!

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just wanted to remind everyone to go to the Rate and Review forum and provide feedback for your partner. It's in the garden forums list. Click on it, then do a search for the gw name of your partner. Most already have feedback started under their name, if not start a new thread with their gw name. It really is a helpful tool when establishing yourself and others as a faithful trader. Thanks, Nik

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Already left Dan's review! A very generous box! I'm looking forward to planting those apple seeds! I think I'm gonna start it in a large pot since we're just renting here and I'd hate to leave it once it started getting old enough to bear, if we decided to move. Cliff may need a dolly to move it, though!

Tammy, Mark, that was an excellent box! Tammy, LOL, you also have to remember that most of us have been trading and swapping together for at least most of the last year, so we tend to stockpile things for certain people... or at least I know I do! Every box exchanged is a wonderful one. Mainly because you're putting thought into what the other person might like. What their interests are. How they like to garden (theme gardens, easy care gardens, bright colors, etc) It also takes in mind if a person cares for inside plants, or not, are they limited in their gardening? For me, the answer to that last one would be yes, if I didn't have Hubby and boys to help with the digging and weeding! Thankfully, none of them mind! I guess that I'm meandering on about is that putting together a box is really what this group is about at the core- Making New Friends, getting to know them- who they are, what they enjoy- spending time building a friendship. So, enjoy the wonderful boxes and remember that the sender is sharing something of themselves and their gardens with you!

Melissa, yep, that was a great box and Bump personally inspected it before it was sent, so that makes it that much more special! I know, isn't it rough to sit out a swap? I think I had serious DTs every time I read the threads!

Nikki, haven't gotten them all planted yet. Had to give up that night with probably a hundred more bulbs left to go. It got too dark to see! Planning to get some more done hopefully on my days off. We're having a freeze here this weekend, so it's good I got the ones planted that I did, when I did. There's been enough time for the water to sink deep, so hopefully those bulbs and corms and tubers won't "buckle" up out of the soil.

On the good side of that freeze coming, we're cutting the marked price of all the outside plants 50% at the register. Corporate hasn't done it yet, so my Dept. manager is. And there are still so many gorgeous plants out there! We just don't have room to bring them inside. So, I'll probably pick up some more of those cyclamen. They seem to be thriving in the cooler weather and my manager agrees with me that it doesn't seem the grower knows what they were talking about when they said they were the floral. We've already had many days of temps below what the tag says they'll stand, and they're in these thin plastic pots. So if they've done this well exposed in pots, I'm sure they'd be happier in the ground :)

Kathy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Nikki, thanks for reminding about the rate and review. I always do that on seed trades and forgot about it for the RR!

Everyone's boxes are amazing!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Joan I need your address, my computer died with it inside it. hope to mail tuesday, box is ready but need your address, or if someone else has it my new e-mail is veeja@bmi.net if our group was an orchard we would have lots of fruit and a few nuts. no pal for bump yet ?welcome Alicia you'll love this group
    hugs carol

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

No, I can't get another cat until Bump's health has been cleared, which won't happen until January. Both the feline leukemia and FIV viruses Jason had were contagious and can take up to 90 days to show up in Bump. Until then, I'm keeping a close watch on his health, which is excellent so far! He's active, eating, alert, and still growing, which are all real good signs! His latest trick is seating himself at the dinner table and guilting us into giving him whichever type of meat we're having. He doesn't care for vegetables, but does like the occasional bite of rice. Silly cat! Thanks for asking, Carol.

We got our first real snowfall overnight! I bought a new leaf-blower yesterday when we were out and about, so of course we've now got an inch of fresh white snow on the ground! LOL! I'm gonna try it out anyway! Last weekend I built an 8'X4' crate to use for my first attempt at winter-sowing. I'm going to cover it with plastic later today, then fill it up about 3/4 of the way up with leaves. I'm going to use milk jugs for my w/sing, and I'm hoping the leaves will provide a little bottom heat as they decompose. Then, I'm thinking that the excess water from the jugs will drain out and aid in the decomposing of the leaves. IF all goes as planned, I'll have some compost to spread around on the ground in the Spring when I plant my w/sed goodies! I'll keep you all posted on how this experiment progresses!

And now, it's off to start the coffee and bacon, and wake up my sleeping beauty! Talk to you all later!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A FANTASTIC DAY TODAY!!!

-Dan

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

I got Tammy's package yesterday. Got home real late (early this morning???) from a Boy Scout Order of the Arrow event. My son's were doing Native American dancing and it was a blast! Now, I get to get up and open Tammy's package. Here's what I got.

Plants:
    purple/blue passion flower. My trellis has been naked! Thanks for the clothes!

Bulbs:
    Allium aflatunese
    Bunch flowers tulips "toronto"
    Green wind flowers (Dutch)
    McKana Giants columbine hybrid aquilegia

Seeds:
    spider plants
    sm plumb grass
    zebra grass (horizontal stripes)
    begonia hybrid 'snow angel'
    sunflower 'mammoth'
    red maroon hibicus
    calendula yellow orange mix
    black eye susan
    canna lilly
    pink cosmos

package of plant food spikes

can of redondo wafers

This is going to be great. I love it. Thank you so much Tammy!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Mark, that sounds like a great box. Way to go Tammy!
    It's nice to have another man in this group, sometimes these ladies can get out of hand a bit. Would you believe they put me away in an asylum during the summer? It was fun escaping though! LOL!
    Here's a picture of where they took me in the van...

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great box Tammy! Way to go on your first swap Mark and Tammy. I hope we have you around for many more!
    Now Dan, the resort we took you to was quite costly. I demand a refund! Sorry to hear that Bump may get Jason's illness. I'm saying a prayer for his health!
    So I didn't get one durn bulb planted yesterday and today is going to be quite busy... I guess next week.
    Kat, hows your hand?
    Haven't heard from Bunny lately - dare we get our hopes up that the baby has arrived?!?!?
    Hey Dan, the post office seems to have lost a pricey box that I sent on November 4. Can you help me find it?
    Happy Sunday! Nik

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Nikki, did you have a delivery confirmation number on that box that's lost? Or did you send it certified or express mail? If you've sent the box with some sort of numbers which can be traced, then you can find out where it was scanned last. If not, then it's somewhere in the postal system, and hopefully it'll eventually get to where it needs to go. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    -Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Sorry, Nikki....no little bunny yet. :O( Just been lazy, and not posting as much lately.

That...and...uh...Dan sorta scares me.....

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

what can I say? I'm just a spooky little kid... hehehe

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

DAN!!!!! Yes, I'm yelling at ya - you know how bunny feels about clowns!!!
    Yes, I have a confirmation number. It says that it was accepted Nov 4, and on Nov 5 it was in Atlanta. After, that there is nothing. What can I do???
    Awe Bunny, I just had a feeling...
    We still have a few more boxes out. I'll post another update after I see if anyone receives/sends their box tomorrow.
    Has everyone gone to the Secret Santa seed swap? You post your top 20, others see the lists and send seeds straight to you if they have any of your wants. You can send to as many or as few as you wish. I'm pretty new to seeds but I placed a couple of orders and shared my packs with some people. I also have "some" seeds collected from my garden to share. I put packets together last night. It was so much fun! For those that haven't done so, check it out. Fun, Fun, Fun,
    We should be wrapping this swap up in the next week or so.
    Wendy should be posting info soon about the mnf chocolate swap. Doesn't that sound fun? Yummy. I may have to sit that one out. Things are going to be getting crazy around here during the next couple of weeks. Christmas with children, ya know. That's why I went ahead and prepared my packages for the ss seed swap. I will be checking in with the mnf group, though. Too addicted to stay away - Nik

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I'll be working on Suzi's package tomorrow and sending it out on Tuesday. I'll post a DC# when the package goes out.

Be back later~
    Deb

• veeja11
    15 years ago

does anyone have joan's address ? I need it badly. thankyou carol

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I'm waiting for a couple things I ordered for Dan's box, still! But, I'm mailing Wednesday when I'm off work, regardless. I'll do a separate mailing for the items when the come in, if they aren't here before I mail.

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

See what I mean?? Dan's a bit scary. And mean.
    Bad Dan. BAD.

I hope I don't get him in the next swap....he might send me a chocolate clown or something.
    Even *I* couldn't eat THAT chocolate.
    Yikes.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

but, it's GOOD to be BAD!!! I've got witnesses!!!

• gypsysparrow
    15 years ago

My box went out to Monica. Hope you enjoy!

DC: 03081400000182368822

Celina

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey all! I hope everyone's having a great week. Glad to see more boxes flying. Yall be sure to share the contents. We enjoy hearing about everyone's goodies!
    Bunny, I can't wait to hear when the most precious package of all arrives. How are you feeling?
    Hi Kat, are you all healed up?
    Carol, I would send you that address if I had it. Maybe Kathy has it?
    Deb, so nice to see you back on the threads. Hope all is well.
    Nik

• suze62
    15 years ago

Deb,

Good to see U BK :~)
    Your box went out today hope you enjoy...
    DC# 0308 0730 0000 3641 0562

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I have it, Carol. Email me and I'll share it with you so you can mail her box off :)

Kathy

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Will there be a December swap? I would like to do this again. what do I need to watch for? Thanks!

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Mark: The next swap will be the mnf: Chocolate Swap. Don't forget you will be getting something from me that just hasn't came in yet. I saw you wanted it and I have been wanting some for a while so I figured I would order it and split the seeds with ya. :-) Hope you like. I still haven't gotten them in but as soon as I do they will be mailed.

Dan - The clown is quite scare. I dislike clowns also so we will skip past that pic in the future.

Bunny - Congrats on your package... Do you know girl/boy or keeping it a surprise?

I wanted to let all of you know I really enjoyed the swap and would love to do this again. Everyones comments are great. It just makes the swap that much better. :-)

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Hi all! Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I got laid off from my job last Thursday. I knew we were slow,and had already had several layoffs already, but it kind of blind sided me. 23 years at one job is a long time! So anyway, enough with me and my pity party! Deb, I'm so glad you're back! I hope you're doing better! It's wonderful to see all the new members and I can't wait to get to know everyone better! Dan, behave! You're gonna scare Bunny into having that little one early with the clown stuff! (Give Paula & Bump a hug for me!)
    Carol, please forgive me for not sending your box out yet.
    I ordered some bulbs I knew you would like and the darn things still aren't here yet! :( If they're not here by Thursday, I'm gonna go ahead and send.
    Everyone stay healthy and happy and I'll talk to you guys later!

Joan
    PS - Carol, I PM'd you my address again.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

WHAT??? BEHAVE??? ME??? Now, THAT is a scary thought!!! hehehe

***maybe I'll just go get another drink from Linda***

Linda! What are you serving up now???

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Update:
    Linda(received) and April (sent)
    Kathy (received) and Dan (sent)
    Becky (sent/received) Nikki (sent/received)
    Joan and Carol
    Monica (sent) and Celina (received/sent)
    Tammy (sent/received) and Mark (sent/received)
    Deb and Suzi (sent)
    These boxes are great! I hope to hear about some wintersowing. I can't wait to see everyone's spring pictures.
    Joan, I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your job. I know that is quite traumatic - and after 23 years... I can only imagine. I really have some hard days teaching, and the paperwork is often overwhelming but realistically I love teaching. I can't imagine losing my job. I'm saying a prayer for you Joan. I hope to hear an amazing story coming out of all that you are going through - my prayer is that you'll find something even better.
    Tammy, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your first swap. Welcome to a new and fun addiction!
    I got my paper back today and I made a 100!!!! I am so happy I don't know what to do! Phhhheeeewwww!!!
    Nik

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Congrats on the 100 Nikki!!!!

Good to see the boxes are still flying.

Any update as to when the Dec swap will be posted? I do have some "stuff" in the box already!

Cold here this am! I bit the bullet & went out to get wood for the fireplace.Everything had frost on it,even the doggie water was frozen.I've come to the conclusion my dogs aren't very bright. They won't use their doghouse. It can be pouring down rain & they lay in the driveway or on the deck. As cold as it is they won't even get in it. What a waste of 70 bucks!!

later...April

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Have I missed the December sign up? I was trying to find it on the round robin list... Thanks!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Joan your box flew out today conf # 03060730000085156596 no need to worry on my box. a card would be fine. times are hard so take care of yourself first. Bunny my dead computer ate your address send it to me please, I have something I am trying to send you. hang in there everyone effected by the bad economy. it has to get better. Dan how is Bump ? I didn't realize it was feline lukemia, scary disease. hope bump stays healthy. still missing my run away dog. hugs carol

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Carol, Bump says to tell you hello and that he's doing just fine, ruling the roost as he is. I found out today after talking with Paula that he's been getting treats for breakfast from the both of us, which may explain why he now believes he needs a place at the table. LOL!!! He's been attempting to teach her who is boss while I'm off at work, but she's holding her own with him! Apparently though, when it comes time to do the laundry or make the bed, Paula can't get Bump to quit "helping". He's finally stopped looking for Jason, though I still catch myself wondering where he's gotten himself off to. I still miss him. Keep your fingers crossed, we've still got 2 more months to go before we can get Bump tested for both viruses and find out his health status.

On another note, has anyone heard from Kathy lately? I know she'd planned on mailing out my package this week, but I haven't heard anything from her. I know she'll get it to me, so I'm not worried about that. I just haven't heard from her lately, and I'm hoping her, Cliff, and the kids are okay.....

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mark, I don't think Wendy has posted anything about the December swap yet. She should be posting something soon.
    I think I saw where Kathy posted something on another thread. I think it was the secret santa swap.
    Dan, I know the wait is hard... Sounds like Bump and Paula are defining their relationship and Bump seems to be winning.
    Happy Thursday Yall! Nik

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

LOL.. I'm here.. just took me a while to drag Dan's box to the PO. Took both Cliff and I to manage it! Oh.. and FYI, Dan, I can already tell you that you're gonna have to revise a couple of lists :P Not to spoil any surprises.. LOL Really, I can't wait til you get this!! I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you open it!

Kathy

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I've been really busy cleaning up my Mom's yard and doing some last minute yard work before it snows. I've also been cleaning her home slowly. Plus doing everything here!

I received a really nice box from Suzi! A yummy smelling Avon candle (leaves embedded in it) and a gorgeous Angel porcelain figurine from Avon too. Also some bulbs- Calla, mixed Hyacinth, tulip "Dynasty", and an Amaryllis bulb/tin pot "Stargazer" so beautiful (a rich red with white center). I almost forgot to add the yummy smelling Plum & Nectarine shower gel from Avon too! I used it this morning and love the scent! If the bees were outside still, I would definately be in trouble! It has such a sweet smell! ;)
    Thanks so much Suzi for such a nice box! I hope you love your box as much as I love mine! I packed your box really full! It should arrive with in two days. Again, sorry for the delay! I just needed a little extra time to dig!

My box went out today, so sorry for the delay. I had it ready to go and then decided to add a few of my favorite Dahlias, so needed to dig out the tubers and had extra time to do that today. The DC# 0308 2040 0001 9066 2225

Hugs,
    Deb

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Sounds like a wonderful box Deb and Suzi! Way to go!

Has anyone heard anything from Wendy lately? I know her son was not well again, poor little guy! And poor Wendy! But I've not heard anything since. I emailed her last week, but haven't gotten a reply. She's really been on my heart and mind the last couple days. Is anyone in touch with her?

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"April!.."waving frantically"..I haven't forgotten you! I'll be mailing out your box on the 26th..I"m sorry it's going to be late but Jeff's doctor appointments and new meds ate up all the extra money.."shaking piggy bank". The good news is that I'm still sane..sorta...

"pouring Dan a Kula and cream"..thought this might hit the spot!!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

"The good news is that I'm still sane..sorta..."color>

Uh....Linda.....I think I speak for everyone when I say....that's debatable...color>

*LOL* But, I suppose you are no less sane than the rest of us.

Seriously, though...Glad to hear you're doing OK! We need SOMEONE to take care of Dan. He's been acting up since you've been gone.....Maybe it's just Bailey's withdrawals...

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

HEY!!! LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!

ANYONE WANT A DRINK???

• suze62
    15 years ago

Deb,
    So glad you liked you box!
    I'm sure I will as well :) Especially since you
    mentioned ""Dahlias"" Oh 1 of my favs... Got
    a few inches snow here.. Just enough to put me in the Christmas mood.. Gotta find that"Elvis" Christmas CD.
    Hey Dan, pass me one of those!! O non alcholic please :~)

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Suze, I'll be glad to! And yes, it's "non-alcoholic", hehehe!!! Do they still make those kind of drinks??? Bottoms up!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Hmmmm... a little birdie told me that someone's box was processed and left Oklahoma City on the 20th... which means it just *might* hit a certain city in Michigan today... which would be really, really cool :) Hehehe... can anyone tell I'm really anxious for it to arrive? I would really love seeing Dan's reaction when he opens it :)

Kathy

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

HI Everyone!!
    Been busy trying to 'pretty up' my home for the hollidays, but since I have a few minutes before the kids wake up, I wanted to let you all know that I got my box from Celina. She sent me
    amaryllis bulbs
    rain lily bulbs
    canna rhizome
    dutch iris bulbs
    and carrot and cucumber seeds

I wish you all happy hollidays with all your loved ones!!!

Monica

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Ohhhh! Rain lily bulbs!!!! I'm envious! Great box Celina and Monica!

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Kat's right, that IS a great box, gals! But....I'm envious over the Amaryllis! :O) I've been eyeballing them for a few weeks now. I found a gorgeous striped one, and a double red that I am hankering for. Just haven't gotten around to buying any plants for myself lately, it's all going for the swaps & Christmas gifts! LOL

Kat, just what DID you put in Dan's box to make you so excited??? You've got ME excited, now! Well, with you, I KNOW it will be something awesome. You ALWAYS pack a great box! :O)