SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yayagreen2000

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring November

yayagreen2000
18 years ago

Howdy Everyone,

Well I am going to start off with some bad news for Y'all. I have really enjoyed hosting the Garden Circle for the past year, but I have decided not to host again next year.

It was a hard decision, but I have gotten involed in several other activities, and I think I need to pick and choose, which means eliminating some of the things I have been doing in the past in order to do some new things.

I have taken on several other garden club responsibilites, and have joined a rubberstamping club in my area. Both have time commitments and money commitments, so after talking to my husband, we decided that I had to stick to a budget for my hobbies (gardening and rubber stamping) and I think I want to focus more on my crafts next year.

So I wanted to thank everyone for making this such a fun and pleasurable year, and let you know that I really did have a good time hosting and getting to know all of you better. I hope you understand and are not too dissapointed. If any of you want to continue the group for next year and someone wants to host, I think that would be great....there are 11 people who wanted to continue with the group, and you still have plenty of time to organize yourselves.

I will still be lurking around the boards after the first of the year, so I hope I can keep in touch.

But for the next two months, we still have our pals here, so let's keep posting.

YaYa

Comments (86)

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hello. Just poped in to say hi.

Thanks for all the fall photos... gorgeous. Pooch, those photos with the lake is fantastic. Jan, your yard is amazing. Pastvast, that's a great photo... love the doggie too.

I went to an orchid nursery open house this past weekend.... and came home with 3 new ones... sheesh. I've really been trying to avoid the orchid aura, but I'm being worn down... LOL.

Here's a photo of one of their greenhouses.

{{gwi:1308711}}

So many beautiful blooms :-). My youngest is in "I'm sticking my tongue out for every picture" phase, but this one I snapped before he had a chance.

{{gwi:1238356}}

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Pchang- looks like the NW flower and Garden Show! Orchids are such delicate creatures to tend, or I think so anyway. Your youngest looks full of life! Good for him. How is Woofy getting along? You havent' mentioned him lately.

I have to thank my wonderful Garden Circle pal for yet another box that arrived yesterday. Bulbs, bulbs and more bulbs!
    Iris, narcissus, Muscari, Erenthis, and Easter Lilies! As the dahlia season winds down (thank Heaven!) I will begin cleaning perennials and plotting where to plant my many new found treasures. I love the colors of the things you sent, Pal, and thank you most sincerely. I've got to get our 'dueling mailbox' bulb garden planned! LOL Am still working on the tree decor you sent back in October- everything takes a back seat to digging dahlias at this time of year. It's taken me a full month of many full time days and evenings, but the end is in sight at last. Cheer!

Thanks again, Pal. Your thoughtfulness will brighten up the Spring as you have brightened much of the past year.

I have a question: when do we get to guess or squeal on who we think/know our various pals are? Ya Ya you have yet to make another executive decision here, before you flee to other tasks.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring 2005 February

Q

Comments (98)
    Ronda, maybe your crocus will bloom yet, don't give up on them. It seems like one day you see green leaves, then a slight swelling, then a bud creeps out overnight! I should have taken another photo of those crocuses- they looks so frosty and cold (even though Dusty would be out weeding in her "it's 30º, it's a heatwave" T shirt! LOL) later on the sun came out and those babies popped right open, a lovely little sea of purple/lavender. Dusty, I spent 23 years in the confines of Minnesota. I know cold. The coldest temp I ever saw, not windchill, was -38º maybe lower and I'm just blocking it out-- and the windchill then was -75º. I went skiing once at -22, really tough to keep your nose and eyeballs thawed out. You have to be tough (aka stupid) to do that! My teenage car was about a 16 ton Pontiac Bonneville. One morning I went out to "warm it up" in really true bone- chilling cold well below zero. No cloth seats then: we had bubble plastic seat covers, colder than heck on the back side! I didn't realize quite how cold it was until I drove off some minutes later: the car tires had frozen flat where the weight of the car flattened out the tires parked overnight. So when I drove, it was thumpety thump, thumpety thump down the ice cold streets until the friction warmed them into round tires again! Ilsonshine- I have never kept a garden journal but one thing I tried "tried-" (meaning I remembered to do it for about a week) last year was log in bloom times of various perennials in various beds, ostensibly to plan better placement and remind myself of what I can count on to bloom, when. If I had a dime for every notebook or stray piece of paper with garden notes on it around this house I'd be retired and organized if I ever got them all in one place. I'm thinking my Circle Pal's file box might come in real handy to get garden notes organized too. Yippee: I picked up file dividers and note cards to fit that box the other day! Five weeks to Spring! Five weeks to Spring! Spread the word. Better get some of my 'winter' stuff done soon. (or it will wait til next winter) Poochella
    ...See More

UPDATE: June - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

Q

Comments (68)
    Hello friends, FINALLY home from gallavanting around the country. This last trip was to take our son and his girlfriend back to MN. They had been here visiting for a week. We then stayed an extra 3 days to do some more sightseeing. DS also took along his cat, Precious, so we now have 1 cat and 1 dog. Sniff, sniff. Vee, Happy to hear you liked your gifts. The wolf on the stone came from our visit to Kansas City sometime in the spring. Was hoping you might like it. The alstromeria was looking a little tough, I know, but it came all the way from Texas in the car with us. It came from the Wildseed Farm down there just west of Austin near Fredricksburg. Think it will make it? It looked a LOT better earlier. LOL The "can can" heuchera is from Iowa. Nothing special about it. Stephanie, is the guy in the photo available? Earthly is looking! I have no idea if we got any rain while we have been gone, but last night and today we have been having some nice showers on and off. We have really been needing them! Tomorrow I'm going to go to a friend's house in Gifford--little unincorporated burgh of maybe??? 100 people maybe less--and help her in her flower gardens, etc. Every year this little burgh has a huge 4th of July parade. It's known all over the county. I'm guessing they easily have 75+ entries in the parade yearly. Anyway, she always wants her yard to look spotless. The whole little "town" spiffs up for the event. At least the rain will make pulling any weeds easier. Deb, I am so sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing. It is so sad to lose a Grandma. Have already said prayers for you. Am enjoying the pictures. I have a number of Asiatic lilies blooming right now along with other perennials. I need to try to post them. Maybe DH can help me figure out how to do it. I still have directions on how to do it. Just can't quite figure it out, though. I'm NOT giving up! Alicia--I was just in Austin about a week-and-a-half ago. WOW, is it hot!!! DH and I were there for a long week-end visiting my sister. Never got below 100! She tells us they/you didn't really have a winter this year either. No freezes? When you move you are in for a CHANGE! Where did you live before TX? What are the trees/bushes that are in bloom right now down there? They are a deep red or pink then the flowers fall off and there are berries. Aaaaaagh....My mind.....They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! As you can see, my mind is gone. Later everyone, Mellen
    ...See More

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring - June

Q

Comments (25)
    Hi Kelli and all, Sorry to be so late in posting but vacation, illness and just plain catching up has kept me from being online as much. Kelli I want to say thank you so much for this months box!!! And every months box for that matter. You have been the best! I put the plants in the ground this weekend. DH is pretty excited about the daylily..Fires of Fuji. He likes anything thats bright red/orange. I think its a beauty as well. The salvia and hosta are much appreciated as well. Can you tell me the name of the hosta again please? Like an idiot I threw out the tag. I know it had a cute name but for the life of me I can't pull it out of my head. The seed starting kit is so cute. I love the galvanized tin. I have been flipping around in those cute 4th of July shoes. :-) Have my twirly patriotic flag hanging as well just in time for the holiday! Took a nice long bath after gardening yesterday in that nice smelling bath salt. Felt wonderful. I have to say may favorite in the box was the lovely silver grape pendant. I love anything to do with grapes for some reason!!! It will look nice for work. I'm sure I'm forgetting something it was so jam packed. I also want to thank you so much for being a great organizer for the group. Will definitely look for future swaps that you hold. Norma thanks for being so patient. Your package went out today. Hope your summer is going well! Deb, thanks for offering to continue the trade. Although I have greatly enjoyed the whole experience my life has gotten excessively busy mainly due to increasing demands at work. I just don't think I will be able to give it as much as I'd like to over the next few months. I will probably be looking for another swap in the fall. See y'all around!!!!
    ...See More

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring October

Q

Comments (104)
    I'm sorry, Beth, I think I must have missed a post somewhere regarding your loss (when was this?). You have my sympathy. I am glad for you though that you got to see family memebers you miss. That is a very good idea that you get together next year, just for a get-together, rather than for a funeral or wedding. It was a few months ago that an aunt of mine passed away and although it was sad, it was also good to get together with family. It was also good to find out about some health issues that several people had that seem to run in the family. My DH mom's side of the family is so good about having a Fletcher reunion each summer on the Sat. before July 4. That way everyone knows when it is and can plan on attending from where ever they are. My Mom-in-marriage was one of 11 children and I think it is absolutely wonderful that normally they all get together. She was the first of the siblings to pass away, which really hit the others hard as she had been the best of friends to most of them as well as sort of the bedrock of the family. It is a shame that it takes something like that to wake people up, so that they will try to make up and renew their relationships. . . If there is someone in your family that you have quarreled with, make it a point to make a difference and try to make up, not just for your wellbeing, but also for them and the rest of the family. How many of us would ache if still have a grudge with someone and something were to happen tomorrow so that we could never even try to make things right?
    ...See More
  • ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Paul, as usual, you have yet another nice picture of flowers and family, hmmm that sounds like something all of us here just love, especially if we can put them together without too much of a fuss :~) Cute youngun 8~D

Okay, Poochie/Annie, fess up... Just How Many Dahlias HAVE You Dug up?!?!

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

A very special THANK YOU goes out to my wonderful pal for the special delivery on my latest package. What fun!!! A new box of crayons, I have not had new crayons in years and had forgotten what fun that is. They compliment a book of state flowers to be colored. That is so neat. I'm going to do some this winter but I'm going to save MD for when I go back home and have my bestest little friend do it with me. She is the most careful 6 Y O colorer I know and she will get a real kick out of helping me color our State Flower.
    The magazines and book are much appreciated and will see good use through this long winter when I can only dream of flowers and gardens and dirt. Luanne Rice is a new writer for me but it sure looks good. By the way, I recently joined and on line paperback book exchange that seems to be working well and is free. You just pay postage for shipping at book rate. There are LOTs of members and books available.
    Back to my package... there was a set of file folders that are just beautiful. All covered with roses. What a delightful way to make a boreing chore a bit more pleasant. I never saw anything like that before and I am tickled with them. Hate to think it is almost time to start working on taxes again but it seems to follow right behind Christmas.
    Thanks again Pal. You have been a champ at sending goodies and at keeping up with me as I wander across this big beautiful land. Hope you and the family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs, BB

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hi, everyone.
    Pooch... Wooffie is just fine. He's getting too fat... but he gets spoiled by the kids, especially my daughter. He's not allowed upstairs, but every chance he gets, he sneaks up to her room to lounge around. How's your daughter enjoying the southern California experience? It's 82-degrees here today.

Brugs... to everyone that asked for cuttings, I was going to cut and mail out, but when I went to cut them... they were loading up for another flush. I haven't forgotten, so you'll have to let me enjoy the blooms for a bit longer before you get the cuttings.

Dusty... anyone know her shipping address or an email address? I emailed her on the address I had, but no reply. Please let me know if you know how I can get in touch.

Looks like there's a lot of interest for the 2006 Garden Circle... way to go Sandlapper Rose and everyone else staying on.

Paul

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PAUL, Happy Birthday to YOU .
    & mannnyyyyy mooooorrrrrreee cha cha cha ! ! ! !
    Oh, you have mail regarding Dusty's email and PO Box. If you need a non-PO Box, I suppose YaYa might be able to help you or else whomever was the secret pal sending to her (I'd like to have her Street Address too).

• pastvast
    18 years ago

I'm glad you all liked the photo of the T-Rex and the pup. If I make it to Chicago again, I'd like to visit the Shedd Aquarium. And... if it's during spring/summer, I'll have to visit some of the public gardens!!

It seems that winter has arrived with a vengence. It went from the 60's on one day, down to the 20's (and snow) the next day. I was feeling kinda silly for digging my dahlias before we had our first killing frost... but I'd be feeling more miserable if I had to dig them up in this week's weather! Now I just have to look closely for eyes and get them stored. My basement stays cool, but warmer than 45F (probably 55-60F), so I'm hoping they'll still store OK.

The hardy mums my secret pal sent earlier in the year have been very pretty. There was one from her garden that she couldn't remember what color it would be. It turned out to be a very deep red color. As I put it by some white alyssum, the two look like a valentine's day arrangement! I'll have to check how both handled the recent cold weather.

If any of you have any tips for making sure that my mums survive the winter, please post!!

Pretty soon us northerners will be posting pictures of snow in our garden instead of pretty fall colors. And those in more mild climates will probably be saying "how pretty", while thinking "brrr... glad I'm here and not there"!!

-Stephanie

• Poochella
    18 years ago

My best wishes for a Happy Birthday too, Paul. Have a great year!

Glad to hear Wooffie has flourished in your care, like your wonderful flowers.

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Paul! Enjoy your special day!
    A note for Stephanie My friend whom has been selling at the Farmers Market for 58 years has noticed that people who cut the mums back for winter sometimes lose them but if you don't cut them until spring they thrive! Then cut them back by the 4th of July to keep them from getting to tall and blooming to early. I hope that information helps.
    If you need some snow just let me know here in MI I have about 7 inches and it is still snowing! I'd be glad to share!My dog Clyde is so happy and I bundled up and went out to play with him. He just loves to catch snowballs. The doctor said I really need to make him spend more time indoors because of his age. Up until a year ago he was a house dog and then he started wanting to be outside 24/7. I have been getting him to come in some and sleeping on the couch with him as it is hard for him to climb the stairs to get up to bed. Sure love him!

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Thank you everyone... yeap, it's my "official" birthday.. but not my real birthday (the day I was born). Huh? What did he say? Yes it's true... has to do with the mixup with western and old calendar :). Kind of like Chinese New Year being in late January...

Paul in southern California where it's sunny 84-degrees today.

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Greetings to my secret (well not so secret) pal!! Yes I figured it out within the last month. A big warm thanks goes out to you for being a great pal. I wish I would of had a pal that stayed in for the whole year. I am lucky to say I had my pal hang in there for the year and being so thoughtful while doing so. Your great kid!
    I have enjoyed all that you have shared with me.
    I thank you for the lovely letter that I received today! Hearing from you always adds some sunshine to my day! I really needed sunshine today as it has been snowing and blowing!! Temp. is currently 24!! Thanks again for always thinking of me and sharing with me.

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Brrrrrr I agree with Stephanie These temps are probably about normal now for this time of year, but it is certainly hard for me to switch from 60-70s hot to down right C-C-COOOOOLLLDD (teeth chattering can cause stuuuutttering. We sure were spoiled with that warmer weather. When if finally does shift into normal it is quite a shock. I dug dahlias before the 20 degrees came too, Stephanie.

Paul, send some warmth our way! Well... Paul... uuhhh when DO you celebrate your birthday?? I just went by the info you gave back in January/February. Hey, whether it was the day you celebrate or not... I hope it was a nice day none the less : )

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday from me too Paul! I hope it's been a nice one.
    From the looks of your orchid pic it looks like you are getting another generation hooked on blooms. I hope he grows up to love gardening as much as my great grandfather and grandparents love for it got me hooked. Lovely pics everyone. Pooch I love your little bouncing bee. He's adorable, if they looked like that in real life many people wouldn't bee afraid of them.

Rose, you're doing a great job of organizing for next year. I had posted that I had decided not to remain. I have been having a lot going on lately and haven't been able to pay as much attention as I want to the group. I'll check in with all of you and hope the others will too. It's just too hard for me to remember to mail by a certain date and keep everything straight on a monthly basis.

Thank you pal for posting that you got my package. For the rest of you, I sent my pal's package to an old address and the person who got it called me and thru email I got in touch with my pal and she went and picked it up. Now how's that for getting something in a round about way? (grin)
    I'm also glad you were happy with what I sent.

Nite all,

Nancy

• abcgirltx
    18 years ago

Happy birthday Paul. Good job getting that great picture of your son before he could stick out his tongue! And as one of those waiting for cuttings from your lovely brugs, I can't blame you a bit for wanting to enjoy the blooms while they're so beautiful.

Received a package from my pal yesterday - thanks! It brought the usual big grin to my face just to see it waiting at my front door. It included banana nut candles, a great threesome of spa lotions for hands and feet, a sweet little resin figurine of a garden fairy swaying on a water lily pad - I can almost visualize her floating on a pond! Also included - bulbs for narcissus 'pipit' and tulip 'black hero'. Cool!! Best of all - the note included. Thank you pal, for your words of support, and congratulations on your 30 years. I envy you that - I'd love to have 30 years with someone I love. Hugs to you!

Y'all have a great weekend!

Alicia

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hello. Thanks again for the birthday wishes :).
    I received a box from my pal... inside were bulbs galore... daylily (plum tree), anemones, alliums, and freesia. Also tucked inside... Caffe Latte scented candle... oh yum...

Thank you pal... how did you know I'm a coffee addict... like Tom Bodett says when he's talking about the new hybrid vehicles... "I'm a hybrid vehicle of sorts. I run on caffeine and sugar."

{{gwi:1238356}}

• becksterca
    18 years ago

I want to thank my pal for the cutest little frog Ive ever seen in my whole life! I absolutely love it!

It is sitting in a place of honor in my living room. Thank you for the skin so soft products. My skin is getting really dry, something I didnt realize until I sprayed some on! Also some salvia seeds for my hummingbird garden!

Thank your for being such a great pal, for the entire year. Youve never forgotten me even when your life was crazy. Thanks for everything.

Becky

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Thankyou pal for a lovely card with seeds, cute made up verse also. ya ya are you my pal or is it Twinkle? I think my pal has guessed who I am when do we give it up?
    This has been fun

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

I got my yesterday's mail tonight since we get it at our store and DH was off yesterday. My pal sent me the most beautiful pics that she had taken herself! They're small sizes so I can make magnets, bookmarks, put them in a scrapbook or lots of other projects. Of course she sent her usual chatty note that is the most fun part of all. I do hate to see our year coming to a close and hope we all keep in touch. Thank you buddy for my wonderful card and great pics. I'll treasure them!

Beth, I have to drive an hour each way to work so I go to the library and check out books on tape. They are so great to make the time pass so quickly and sometimes I'm in a good place and don't want to get out of the car. I also bring them inside on weekends and listen sometimes while I clean or cook. Then of course at night I have to have a "real" book to read when I go to bed to help me sleep. lol I just started a new one by Lou Ann Rice and so far it's good. She's a fairly new author for me too.

Well, jack frost and our first freeze have finally arrived. Friday morning when I went out all the cannas were down and today most of the rest of my plants were limp too. I really hate to see it all go but am ready for winter to cool me off and kill some of those bugs.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't forget to thank HIM for taking care of all of us and keeping us together this year. I know I will!

Nancy

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK.......I'm giving up all the secrets!!!!!!!!! I'll repeat it at the beginning of Dec post in case someone misses it. Look at the list, the person listed before you is who sent to you and the one under you is who you sent too.

Aprils garden
    llsonshine
    lunamoon
    mellen
    pastvast
    plantladyjan
    brittneysgran
    daisy me
    earthly delights
    lilylouise
    yaya
    jacysgranny
    bethbkodiac
    poochella
    sandlapper rose
    twinkle
    veeja
    abcgirltx
    bexkster
    euphoria
    rhonda
    pchang
    aprils garden

so that's it....Happy Thanksgiving.

Yaya

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday, Paul, even if we are not getting the date right. To my pal who I send to - Twinkle (she celebrates her birthday on the 22nd) an early Happy Birthday as well in case I don't get back here for a few days. To all of you, Happy Thanksgiving!

YaYa, I'm glad you posted the list like you did. That way I can be sure to scramble up those who remain in the group so no one is sending the the same person two years in a row. If you are a current member and staying in, I have an information form for you to fill out and return by e-mail so if you don't hear from me about it, please e-mail me directly and remind me to send it to you. Things have been very busy here.

We got a hard freeze Friday night so my tropicals are gone for the year. I knew it would happen sometime soon. We had a pretty warm fall but eventually those low temperatures show up. Sounds like time to put in even more pansies!

I have had about 11-12 new people get in touch with me about being included for 2006. Several new people and those from 2005 are awaiting the form the fill out and return, others have everything completed. For the newcomers, we will enjoy getting to know you!

Sandlapper Rose

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

I received a really nice package today from my pal Poochella. She has me all set for Thanksgiving - some mini-ears of corn to decorate with, a beautiful glass dish shaped like a leaf, a candle, mulling spices, etc. I even got a big candy bar that says "I love Issaquah" - not sure I know how to say that, but the candy is yummy! My dog got some things, too. She already ate her treat and says "thank you." You have been a great pal, Pooch, and Happy Thanksgiving to you. Have a wonderful day.

Sandlapper Rose

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Paul,

I recieved the cuttings you sent today. Thanks so much! They seemed a bit dried out, so I cut off another half inch and that got to fresh innards, so hopefully that will do the trick. I put them in water like you said, so I really hope they root now. I appreciate your thoughtfulness to send them, like I said before, I have been wanting some for several years.

YaYa

PS. Pretty Card!

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

I received a wonderful November package from PlantladyJan.
    She has only been my secret pal for a short time but has been great. I wish it had been longer also Jan. Wow 6 inches of snow already. Winter has arrived where you live.
    I do hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving too. You will see me post here and there on GW next year. I love gardenweb and can not stay away. Loved the letter set and memo book. I go through those books like crazy, always taking notes and writing things down.
    Thanks again,

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Hey, Pals, Have any of you submitted a message and then when you look over the past few days posts... it's not there ? or is it just me and something I'm doing??

Well, that seems to be what happened to me... anyway, I want to Thank my secret pal, AprilsGarden, for my November package. When I started to open the box, I was saying "Oh, boy! Oh, Boy, it smells good" ;~D. Wrapped up inside some nice burgandy (one of my fav. colors) gingham paper was a cute Yankee candle tray/plate with pretty colorful fall leaves and a wonderful "Harvest" scented Yankee Candle. Thanks for thinking of me and helping to make our home smell more autumny yummy 8~D Thank you also for being a great pal this summer/fall. Wish we would have been able to get to know each other better. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TWINKLE,
    . . Happy Birthday to YOU .
    & mannnyyyyy mooooorrrrrreee cha cha cha ! ! ! !

• Poochella
    18 years ago

You're welcome Jeanne, it's been fun sending to you. Of course I sealed your box and realized I'd left out the seeds I mentioned! Just let me know if you want them, I have enough to cover about an acre!

Iss` a quah is our home town. No one can figure the original Native American translation absolutely, but it means something like "peaceful flowing creek" or similar. A creek flows right through town and is the hallmark of our annual Salmon Days celebration when the salmon return each fall. Quite a sight to behold.

Shirley, love your flowing signature ! I can't give you Morgenster because mine just sat there at 18 inches tall and did nothing all summer, no buds, no blooms. It's left out to rot. Must have been bad stock. I have a Painted Lady reserved for you though.

Gina, wonderful choice of decor for Twinkle the birthday girl! I've not had the disappearing post problem you mentioned. Maybe you should ask Admin about it.

Twinkle-- Hope you have a marvelous birthday!

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Best Wishes for a funfilled and happy birthday Twinkle!!

Shirley I am glad you received your package and glad it is something you can use!! That is always a plus!!

Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving!!

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Pal,

Thanks for the Cute Autumn card you made. I love those stamps of the leaves and the mettallic embossing is perfect with those colors. Have a great Thanksgiving.

YaYa

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

Hooray, I got here on the right day. Happy Birthday, Twinkle, pal. I hope you had a great day.

Hugs,
    Sandlapper Rose

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

If you plan to stay in the Garden Exchange Ring for 2006, you should have received an info sheet to fill out by e-mail. If you have not, please let me know. Just fill out the info and send it back to me by e-mail so I will have your info to send to your 2006 pal.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all - hope you can have a special day with your loved ones tomorrow.

Sandlapper Rose

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday, Twinkle! Hope you had a wonderful day.

Yaya, you're very welcome. If the cuttings don't make it, let me know and I'll send you some others in the Spring.

THE SECRET IS OUT!!! Well... since we all know who's been sending to whom, I'd like to know when April figured out it was me sending to her :-). Well... April, sorry you got stuck with the only guy, but I hope I did okay getting things together for you. This has been really fun and challenging at times.

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
    Paul

• pastvast
    18 years ago

Hiya Plantladyjan... I think Clyde's gonna have fun with all the snow you're forecasted to get over the next couple of days! Make sure to bundle up when you go out to play with him.

I hope all of you who are expecting a lot of snow have a warm and safe Thanksgiving!!

-Stephanie

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving day with their family and friends. If you are traveling I pray for traveling mercies for you. I LOVE THANKSGIVING DAY.
    Take care everyone.

If you have not seen the movie WALK THE LINE please see it.
    It is excellent and I'm so glad I went.

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi Stephanie
    You are right lots if snow and windy and darn right cold!!
    I have had Clyde out a couple of times but not for long. My day started by my car being frozen shut so I finally got the trunk open and crawled through and got the car started and the doors were able to be opened about 20 mins. later.Still was on time for dinner. Had a nice day and dinner with family. Driving home was crazy...boy was I happy to be home then only to find out my doors to the house were frozen shut!!! Finally after some thought and work I broke in the house and now I am home and looking forward to a nice long hot bath!!
    I hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving!! I am just thankful to be home in a warm house!!

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I received a package from my fabulous Secret Pal yesterday. In it was autumn paper plates and napkins, 4 packs of scrapbooking paper, stickers for DD and I, apple & cinnamon scented sachet, spiced apple cider mix, a 'Happiness Grows In A Garden' garden stake, mitten clips for DD and a book with CD for little DD. Thank you!

Jenell

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Happy belated birthday to my wonderful pal, so it is you Twinkle. where do you get your cards? I have enjoyed them.
    hope everyone is stuffed. happy Thanksgiving all

• teresa_ohio
    18 years ago

Hi there everyone! I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I haven't had much computer time lately and have missed catching up! I hope you all had a great holiday and are doing well. Things are wonderful here, Gabby is growing so fast. She is almost crawling and into everything. She gets up on her hands and knees and kinda hops where she wants to go. :) It's so funny to watch. She is ornery as can be and just giggles and laughs at everything. I have been having such a good time watching her grow. She'ssuch a blessing!

Anyways, I hope you are all doing great! I've missed chatting with everyone. :) And of course I can't go without posting a couple pics of little Gabby. One is of her and I at Thanksgiving dinner last night and the other is her cute little smile! Take care and Happy Thanksgiving! Teresa
    {{gwi:1310806}}
    {{gwi:1310807}}

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Teresa, it is so great hearing from you. Gabby is such a doll baby : )

Hey, LunaMoon/Jenell, I've had a hard time not saying anything about you Expecting and then Having you precious baby... Did the rest of you know that Jenell has a new baby girl? How come ya haven't told us about her and had some picts?!?!?! What about some picts of cute Kira too?!?!?!!! And you and DH for that matter as well ?!?!

Jan, so sad to hear of your hardships today. Hope you can be toasty warm tonight and tomorrow. Glad you were able to get in to both your vehicle and home without having to get help. It reminded me of a story my DH told about himself when he lived in Germany... Locked the keys in the house, remembered there was an upstairs window that wasn't locked ... either he climbed or got a ladder to get in it. I guess some old German folk didn't know quite what to think of this American breaking into his own home.

Okay, Shirley and Carol, where are you getting these neat signatures? Paul, what about yours, where did you get it??

I hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and that you will have even more to be thankful for in the year to come. Let us continue to remember and keep in our thoughts and prayers those fighting for freedom and serving in our armed forces.

I have a nephew, Travis, serving in the US Army and is stationed in Germany right now. His wife, Yara, just had their little baby last week (after several miscarriages and problems with diabetes). Baby TJ was born 6 weeks premature and is in the Newborn ICU in a hospital in Landstuhl Germany (luckilly it is the largest American hospital outside the U.S.). I think mommy is still in the hospital too after having been induced, then having to go through a C-Section and then developing an infection. Please keep them in your prayers as it must be hard... we had our 2nd son 3-4 weeks premature and his lungs weren't developed (had an apgar of 2) and he was in the hospital 17 days. So Travis and Yara have probably even more stress with being in a different country, no family around, and Travis hasn't yet received his orders to transfer him to this town/base, so he's staying in a motel and has to drive back 3-4 hrs on the weekends to their actual residence to get things. I'm so thankful that they are okay : )
    In HIS palm, Gina

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi Gina
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope the baby and mommy are doing well. It must be hard to be so far away at a time like this.
    Thanks for the well wishes. I truly am blessed even though it was a rough day! lol I figured I was thankful that I was able to handle the problems!!

• abcgirltx
    18 years ago

Rats, for some reason I can't see the pictures of Gabby! Bet she's beautiful! Gina, I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving, mine was great. Spent it with a good friend and her family. She's one of 7 kids, and I'm one of 6, so it felt a lot like home and the food was great. Can't beat that.

I want to say a special thanks to Carol for being such a great pal to me this year. I truly can't tell you enough how it made me smile each month to see something in my mailbox or on my doorstep from you. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Now, 'fess up, y'all! Anyone other than me get out today and do some heavy duty shopping?

• Aprils_Garden
    18 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I am in from the snow and cold trying to warm up at the computer! It took awhile, but winter is here for sure! It's funny how easily we forget the freezing cold, icy roads and the tires frozen to the driveway.

I want to send out a big THANK YOU to my great not-so-secret pal Paul! You have once again sent me a great package! I just love the beautiful notecards you made- you are so talented.

I think I hit the jackpot with the only guy in the group. I'm not sure when exactly I figured out it was you but I had a suspicion fairly early on because you don't have 'girly' handwriting.LOL For awhile people were asking you to send them some of your notecards and I really wanted some too, but didn't ask because I had to keep pretending I didn't know you! It has been funny for the last few months that I have known for sure it was you because every time your package came my husband Paul would ask me what my other Paul sent me! Oh, thanks also for the 2006 planner and the garden planner you sent last month- I knew I was missing something and then I remembered that I had already put them in my purse. You have been a great Pal!

Gina- I'm glad you liked the candle and plate. I just love the smell of those candles! It has been nice getting to know you the last few months, I have been trying to play catch up and send you things you would like since we didn't have the whole year together. I am praying for your family during this hard time and giving praise for the wonderful blessing of baby TJ!

We had a good Thanksgiving and made it to my sisters house safely through the snow. UM...I left at 5:30 am to go shopping yesterday and then went back out today. It seems like I should have more done but I did get some good deals!

April

• daisy_me
    18 years ago

Shirley--I'm sooooo sorry it took me so long to post that I received the November box from you. I've been having computer issues and work issues (as in, too much of it). I'm actually at work now so I've got to keep this short.....but wanted to say THANK YOU! I absolutely love the scarf you crocheted for me (my pal crocheted me a scarf!) and will get lots of use out of it. One of these days I'll have to learn how to crochet. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you, you've been a wonderful pal this year and have been so thoughtful in your packages, and I'm very sorry to see you won't be joining us again in 2006. I hope you are well and having a good winter so far.

And to everyone else, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

• mellen
    18 years ago

Dear wonderful pal, Jenell, No, I did not know who you were all year. Yes, I suspect I could have looked, but the surprises all year were such fun. I want to thank you for the November box of wonderful items that you sent. I was especially thrilled with the glass jars to grow the crocus in. I have never seen such a thing and would love to know where you got it. My dad would really enjoy something like that. He is the one I inherited my gardening passion from. I also think the hummingbird is beautiful. Of course, it is hanging in a window giving off beautiful colors. Again, I cannot thank you enough for your thoughtful giving. Mary Ellen/Mellen

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

Hi everybody,

It's been awhile since I've posted. Guess I'm feelin kinda of guilty because I reluctantly have decided not to continue next year. I really enjoyed this group and avidly read all the postings almost everyday. Yaya, you did a splendid job keeping things moving seemlessly along even if in the background things got a little hairy.

I'll check in every now and then to see how things are going and look for the rest of you guys throughout the website.

My pal for the year was Earthly and she is such a great gal. I took so many cues from her as her lovely packages came rolling in month after month. My garden will reflect her generousity for years to come.

This month she sent a beautiful fresh holiday wreath from somewhere in Maine. It is simply gorgeous. It's a mix of balsam, white pine, cedar and plump red rosehips. Needless to say it smells devine. Usually each year I buy a fresh balsam wreath and at the end of the season put it in a paper holiday shopping bag. I have wreathes from holidays past hung in closets, the garage, the shed, the basement-all giving off whiffs of Christmas at unexpected moments during the year. Earthly, this wreath will take it's place with the others to remind me of you on humid balmly days in the summers to come.
    Thanks-Lil

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

hmmm, some confusion to say the least.

#1 confusion - who my pal was. boy was i off. and i have to admit you did the greatest job of keeping me off track. i have to thank you ever so much for all you have shared with me throughout the year. my gardens will forever remain gorgeous because of you and my heart will forever be filled with smiles at your kindness and geneorsity.

#2 confusion - ruth/lil -- i didn't send that. i had ordered something for you back when it was your birthday that never was shipped but it wasn't from maine. i mailed your package out yesterday. i can't be that out of it that i don't remember ordering you a wreath LOL but then again!
    someone else deserves that credit and it sounds like a great gift. sure hope you enjoy the one i really sent!

yaya, you will be missed. you really ran a tight ship and i so appreciated being a part of this group. i must admit, for a while there, i thought you were my pal. now i see how wrong i was. go figure.

since i have been full of doom and gloom this year, a year i can't wait to end, i have some happy news. we got a new pup. he's a total freak, into everything, so mischeieveous, a pain in the butt, but so playful and sweet. i do think he's missing something upstairs, unless i just don't remember "puppy". already he's so spoiled. but it's just wonderful to have an animal in the house again. it was only a short period of time, but i certain missed having that special something!

now the better news -- even though i am a youngster myself (LOL), i'm going to be a granny! i can't wait. things weren't done the "conventional" way, but what the heck...it's going to happen anyway! it was truly a good thanksgiving!

it's been my pleasure belonging to this group. i'd love to stay in, but with the way things have been, i feel it would be unfair of me to commit for another full year. rose - i wish you as much success in running the group as yaya had. i'll even come around and sneak a peek and chat a bit.

be well all, talk to you soon :)
    happy holidays

earthly

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Great news Earthly! Congratulations on both the pending Grandmotherhood and of course on the arrival of the bouncing bundle of fur. Funny, I was thinking about you just the other day wondering when/how long it would be before a dog blessed your lives again. Enjoy both new additions to the fullest. Our second dog has never measured up to our first, but they each have their special qualities (it's just that I'm trying so hard to unearth those qualities in the second...LOL)

Speaking of additions, welcome back little Gabby and Teresa OHio! Nice of you to give us an update. Good thing I ogled her beautiful little features before, because now: POOF I can't see her : ( She is such a sweetheart!

Winter has hit WA for sure; My big garden bed after an all night snow. Still has about 4 inches left to melt.
    {{gwi:631601}}

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

OK I'm confused too. Who the heck did that wreath come from?
    Hmmm.

• daisy_me
    18 years ago

Earthly--I was hoping the fact that I was able to mail my packages from St. Louis would throw you off, looks like it worked! While I live in IL, I work in St. Louis so I was mailing them from work each month. Glad you enjoyed everything and I hope you keep in touch. Your December box will be going out this week. And congrats on your new additions!

Lil--hope you figure out who your mystery sender is! The wreath sounds gorgeous.

Pooch--keep those nasty pictures to yourself! LOL! We keep being told by the local weatherman that we're going to have a horrible winter in this area, but I figure if I ignore the snow and ice it's not really there, right?

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

i can't believe how off base i was in who was my secret pal. had yaya never posted, i would have gone on believing it was her! i was so convinced it was yaya - because after a few months you started to use her name and address on your return label (i think) or am i still so confused? lol

in any event my dear sweet secret garden pal, you have shared so very much with me this last year and it will be something i will treasure for the rest of my life. everywhere i look there's another "pal"-plant or pal-bulb on my little piece of paradise. seeds i have sown, seeds yet to be sown - reference material - equipment - everything useful and practical and wonderful. you have shared so much with me -- a total stranger.

i curtsey to you my friend and i remain forever grateful.

regards,
    earthly

• daisy_me
    18 years ago

It was my pleasure, Earthly. Glad you are happy. I hope it all does well for you and you enjoy everything for years to come.

I'll forever be grateful to my pal as well, she's shared so much with me this year. I can't wait to see all those daylilies bloom next year! You definitely got me hooked. ;-)

And if no one has any complaints, I thought I'd go ahead and start us a December thread. Yaya must be swamped this month with the holidays (hope you are well, Yaya!).

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm