SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rayinri

Good numbers of bluebirds/HSparrows

rayinri
12 years ago

Well as of 02/26 still very little snow. Winter not over yet numerous bluebirds have paired and there calls echo threw out the town of Smithfield RI

One word of caution to everyone the sparrow population will be super high along with the bluebirds the sparrow will be found in many area's they have been absent in because of the harsh winters that lower there numbers in 2011,2010

same with the bluebird they will be on the edge of many cities and area's that put them at risk please if you have never trapped and managed sparrows now

is the time to learn. I hate read of landlords that have set bluebirds up by placement of box's in high risk area's then panic at the last moment lets all enjoy

the season and keep a watchful eye this should a record breaking season with numerous bluebirds fledged and bluebirds seen in many towns were

they have not been seen in years. Many new trails have been started and the

birds and there flocks will fill the box's in record time. I am sure as the females fly in they will be followed back by as many as seven males and then will pair off none of my box's show signs of stress from winter weather

so many of the local bluebirds did well and the younger birds that went south will be driven off to new area's----Please protect our bluebirds ----Ray

Comments (2)