SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

2012 Make New Friends (MNF's) Schedule in Need of Hosts

flowergirl34
12 years ago

Hey everyone!

November is here and before we know it Christmas too. I figured we better start getting our ducks in a row for next year.

This is to set up a tentative schedule for the Make New Friends Trade Group. Everyone and anyone is welcome to take a spot at hosting. Just pleas try to commit to your month you choose.

You don't have to have a theme for your month before you pick one. You can come up with something later. And if you want to sign up for more than one that's okay too.

January:

February: flowergirl34

March:

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October:

November:

December:

If you've never hosted before and thought it would be fun to try...then we are for you!! There is always someone here to help. And we're just a nice bunch of folks :)

Also, thank you to everyone who will take a month!!!! :D

THANKS!

vina

Comments (27)

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

October for me, please.
    I can't believe Halloween is over already.
    Alana

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

I'll bite! Here's an update...

This is to set up a tentative schedule for the Make New Friends Trade Group. Everyone and anyone is welcome to take a spot at hosting. Just pleas try to commit to your month you choose.

You don't have to have a theme for your month before you pick one. You can come up with something later. And if you want to sign up for more than one that's okay too.

January:

March: dan_the_mailman / March Madness

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October: poisondartfrog

November:

December:

If you've never hosted before and thought it would be fun to try...then we are for you!! There is always someone here to help. And we're just a nice bunch of folks :)

• Related Discussions

MNF: '09 Schedule of swaps

Q

Comments (39)
    I like white elephant swaps and would be happy to do one for september. is march posted yet ? I have a need to get swapping. Dan I found a girlfriend for your cat on my space, will post a pic soon. actually he can have his choice of a nurse or a fat white dancing cat. hugs to all carol
    ...See More

mnf schedule of swaps

Q

Comments (107)
    Ooh, Oooh! I'll take June, please! :O) December- "Chocolate Swap" Wendy/Sassybutterfly January - "Waiting for Spring" Linda/Lindaruzicka February - Diene March - "March Madness" Vic/vic_zn5 April- "April's Fools!" Kathy/jaleeisa May - "Mayday, Mayday!" Dan and Paula/ dan_the_mailman June - "June Bugs" Melissa/hazelnutbunny I can't wait to get started on the chocolate swap....I've been waiting for that for MONTHS!!! :O)
    ...See More

new: october mnf scared my plants off halloween seed swap

Q

Comments (77)
    I am here tonight for a favor. I am in need of quick prayers for my 24 year old daughter. She went to the emergency room yesterday because she first started having stabbing pains in her chest then her left side began tingling and she was dizzy and had difficulty concentrating. She was tested for stroke and bloodclot and when they could not find anything, sent her home. Her pain went away but not the tingling. I took her to the chiropractor and she didn't do any work on her because just simply looking at her and her reactions to certain tests made the chiro ask me to take her back to the er. I took her to a different hospital and they have admitted her. I know someone asked if MS was in the family and I do have a cousin. They are doing an MRI tomorrow and after reading the symptoms tonight, realize that Elizabeth has several of them and they even mentioned some patients had pains described as stabbing which is how this started. I am scared for my daughter and pray that MS is not the problem. Please keep her in your prayers and I will keep you posted. Thanks Margo
    ...See More

2013 MNF (Make New Friends) Schedule In Need Of Hosts

Q

Comments (51)
    Hey Everyone! So sorry to have been MIA! I see we missed June :( How about if we start July a couple of days early? I'll email Karen and see if its okay with her. :) Alana, super name for October! 2013 Schedule: January: nina (beautifulreddahlias) COMPLETE February: vina (flowergirl34) COMPLETE March: shirley (sjc48) COMPLETE April: farmergirl (Ellie) COMPLETE May: Shirley (sjc48) COMPLETE June: Kelli (kelli9699) COMPLETE July: karen (primrose1x3) August: vina (flowergirl34) MNF Iris', Hosta's & Daylilies OH MY! Year 2 September: themidnightgarden October: alana (poisondartfrog) MNF Scared My Plants Off Halloween Seed Swap November: Smitties (Margo) December: (sassyb) Have a super day! vina :)
    ...See More
  • sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

I'll take January! I will have just finished up the Winter Sowing Swap by the mid to end of December. So I can roll right into January just fine.

So here's the latest update:

January: Sassybutterfly_2008 / Wendy "Let us sow.. Let us sow... Let us sow..."

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

November:

December:

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you to everyone who's signed up.

I agree Alana! I can't believe Halloween is over already! I seem to be in some kind of hyperdrive lately...with no off-ramp.

I received a couple of emails from people wanting to take months. I emailed you back stating you only need to sign up here. :D Thanks so much for your emails though, and signing up to be a 'new friend'.

Your all wonderful!

Happy Sunday!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I'll take December! :)

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

November:

December: hazelnutbunny~ The Chocolate Swap

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

HI. I'd like April, please.

April: tl.graham

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

November:

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

Please put me down for September - Autumn's Favorites

Thank you.

Ellie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

May:

June:

July:

August:

September: Ellie farmergirl2009 ~~ Autumn's Favorites

November:

Only 5 more months to go :D

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

***bump***:D

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

I'll take November also!

May:

June:

July:

August:

November: tl.graham

Only 4 more months to go :D

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm taking August too :)

May:

June:

July:

August: flowergirl34

Woo hoo!!! Only 3 more to go...

vina

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

i'll take may :) and i'm still doing dec this year, right?

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sounds good Rose and THANKS!! :)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

May: rosemctier

June:

July:

And then there were two :0)...

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

i'll be backup for july if no one else takes it

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Rose, July is yours :) Thanks so much!

And I guess I'll take June. It was so sad being the last one and all :)

June: flowergirl34

July: rosemctier

So there you have it!

Thank you everyone who took a month! :) Very much appreciated!!

Have a terrific holiday season!
    vina

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

flowergirl34/Vina,

Do you want me to take one of the hosting months since you're signed up for 3 - Feb, June & August? I'm new to swapping & this group as well, but have a willing heart to learn.

I realize it's not suppose to be very complicated, so just want to know what it entails, so if I do it -- make sure I can fulfill expectations.

Is MNF a partner swap usually or what have you decided?
    What month do you swap seeds? Plants? Bulbs?
    What type of games?
    How long to allow for sign ups & how often to post things about them?

Corrine

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Someone can take March if they'd like, I won't be able to host that month.
    -Dan

March:

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Corrine ~ I'll be happy to act as co-host for your first hosting job if you'd like. Just email me and let me know. :) You could take March now as it looks like it's open or wait on Vina's reply.

~Wendy

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone!

Corrine, thank you so much for wanting to host! I'm sure you'll do a great job! And Wendy is a terrific co-hoster to help you with any questions. You can take March if you'd like, since Dan can't do it.

The schedule that we make is tentative. And usually changes 3 or 4 times by the end of the year, so you may have more than one opportunity to host this year :0)

March:

Happy New Year! and THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE HOSTERS! :)
    vina

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Wendy,

Sounds terrific to work together for March & you can tell me what I should do. I follow directions well.

I'll email you later.

Corrine

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Thanks for co-hosting March you two. I'd forgotten all about volunteering to host that month, and over-extended myself. I'm taking next week off from work to get some of it all finished up.

-Dan (just trying to keep my head above water...)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

just bumping this up so it doesn't get lost :)

March: Corrine1/sassyb co-hosting :)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bumpity bump bump :)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey all!
    Rose emailed me that she can't take July. Does anyone want to host?

THANKS!
    vina

March: Corrine1/sassyb co-hosting :)

July:

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Vina, I'll take it, will post the swap sometime today!
    Shirley!

• tansy_mi_zn5
    11 years ago

how does this work?