SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachplant

Galveston update

beachplant
14 years ago

Well, the trees are going to come down. They will start marking them in the next few weeks, an orange dot on the base of the tree. It's estimated 80% of the trees on the island are dead. There will be funding to remove dead trees from private property. Trees on private property in the right of way will be removed, even if the owner protests.

The wood will be available to anyone that wants it, they are going to pile it at the old SeaArama, where the trash/debris was stored right after the storm.

We're still waiting on insurance to get the house fixed. They say all the paperwork is done and a check should be issued "soon". We had to move out of Nancy's apt this week, UTMB threw everyone out. We're camped out at the house for now. This being homeless @%#%$#@@ is getting really, really old! My brother has an appt. on the 22nd in Neurosurgery-they diagnosed him with a brain tumor a couple of weeks ago. My neighbor sold her house and moved to California, we have new neighbors now. Ike displaced all 3 of us old ladies, I'm the only one still hanging in. Mrs. Hughes has an apt. at Moody up on Seawall and is going to rent her house out. I've lived next to the two of them for 20 years. I used to be the youngest on the block, now I'm the old lady and all my neighbors are new transplants or weekenders.

Tally HO!

Comments (22)