Hi Trey,
I have a kentucky bluegrass lawn in CT, zone 6b. I understand that dormancy is its defense against hot dry weather and that if it the crowns get a minimal amount of water then the plants won't die.
I also have Poa Annua, and recently came across a suggestion to let the grass go dormant during the summer to kelp kill off the Poa. That seems like a pretty elegant idea, if it will work.
I can imagine that it would provide a surer kill against the truly annual forms of Poa. But I wonder if it would have any effect on the more persistent forms - do they just go dormant too?
I haven't seen any studies on this, but then again I imagine most of the Poa research is focused on golf courses and other sites where dormancy is not an option. So I wonder if this is just an overlooked option for the homeowner who can live with summer dormancy for a little while.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul
P.S. I do plan on applying dimension next month.
yarddoctor
lkcousins_hotmail_com
Related Discussions
Poa annua
Q
Poa Annua?
Q
Aerating and Dimension and Poa Annua
Q
Poa Annua (& Poa Trivialis)
Q
Related Professionals
Miami Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Fargo Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Madison Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Bainbridge Landscape Contractors · Columbia Landscape Contractors · Greenville Landscape Contractors · Muncie Landscape Contractors · Murrieta Landscape Contractors · Portland Landscape Contractors · Lake City Cabinets & Cabinetry · West Palm Beach Cabinets & Cabinetry · Lake Charles Cabinets & Cabinetry · Saint Joseph Cabinets & Cabinetry · Chattanooga Cabinets & Cabinetry · Galveston Cabinets & Cabinetry