SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_ok

Lost a job

Paul_OK
20 years ago

Well,

I hope you don't mind if I vent a little frustration. I have hosted a 2-hour 2 man radio garden talk show for the last 2 years. (Lots of 2 huh) I have also hosted a 1 hour 1 man show for the last 8 months.

I received a call from the program manager Monday night at 7pm at home. I'm Done.

The reason communicated to me is that the sales staff is haveing a hard time selling remotes because of my stance. I am an organic gardener personally. I tried to give both the organic and conventional answer to the callers. I think it is more an issue that the cost of the remote has climbed every year(it is now $3500 for a 4 hour home and garden show.) We now have a total of three garden radio shows not counting McG on NPR. The radio station has also lost about 80% of the sales staff over the last 6 months. Maybe it was a little bit of all of it.

Easy come, easy go. It will be interesting to see who they replace me with. At least I get Saturday mornings off for a while. I am now working on/waiting for a new opportunity. Maybe I will use some of that time to work on my book. I actually have a subject and have started on an outline.

Comments (8)

Sponsored