SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

No photo, but description/can you help me ID?

phylrae
18 years ago

I planted a perennial garden from seed this summer, and it is hard for me to tell which are plants and which are just weeds (except for the rudbeckias, because they bloomed this year!) I just dug up about 6 different monstrous plants that I had to assume were weeds, as I found them all throughout the garden, so I know I didn't plant them (I made a little map of what I planted). I also found the same plant growing in the garden my husband and I planted at our church.

If I try to describe it, would some of you try to throw out some names that come to mind, or photos so I could try to ID it?

OK, it has a thick stalk, about 2' tall, and the taproot looks like a white turnip or carrot (long and triangular). The "flower" thing has round greenish/whitish (with some pink tints) little knobs on it almost like a giant muscari (grape hyacinth).

Below is what I planted from seed....I hope I didn't uproot one of my perennials!

Bellflower (Axminster Streaked) Great Bellflower Delphinium (Fantasia & Ct. Yankees) Salvia Blue Bedder Shasta Marconi Red Yarrow Blue Sea Holly Rudbeckia Green Wizard Kniphofia Italian Asters Crimson Montbretia Painted Daisies Gaillardia Aristata Orange Wallflower Liatris Kobold Echinacea Razzmatazz

Thanks so much for any help! :0) Phyl

Comments (2)