SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtgirl_wt

kids on 4-wheelers in my woods again...time to act gruff

dirtgirl
17 years ago

They are at it right now, I can hear them. There are about 4 of them, they are all about 20 or so, they all have ATVs specially rigged for mud and hill-climbing, and they are in my woods AGAIN. The last time I heard them I made it back there in time to catch up with them and have a chat about things, but I simply told them they needed to stop by the house and ASK ME before going back there, and when they did go back, they needed to stay on the existing trails and not make new ones if at all possible. I don't have the heart to be mean and stern and tell them to get the$#%$^%$%^$ off my property. I tend to be non-confrontational for the most part. Unfortunately for them, my husband has no such difficulty and I think I will send HIM back there this time. Don't worry, these are just rowdy neighbor kids, not street thugs. This isn't something you'd do in an urban area.

I know they need a safe, designated place to be able to ride and sling mud and do whatever , but these kids just drive wherever they please, never find out whose property they are on or anything. I wish I could find a way to get the point through to them without coming across like an old biddy.

Comments (32)