SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindseyrose_gw

Fishing line trellis-making--update and question

lindseyrose
17 years ago

We have the trellis on the fence almost done! Thank you all for the advice and suggsetions!

I have one last thing I need to do...I did try stringing the fishing line (which is fairly heavy duty!) and clamping it with these little steel split shots (size #5, if you are a fisherman). I thought I could clamp two strands of the fishing wire in this but it does not want to pinch it tight enough to prevent slipping.

Should I get the same item, just in a larger size, or can you recommend some other type of clamp that I can fasten the fishing line with? I am *NOT* a fisher(wo)man and my husband also knows nothing about these things, so speak to me in layman's terms if you have a suggestion, and brand names and/or website links are even better!

Thanks! I can't wait to post pictures for all of you. I used cedar 1x2 boards that are 8 feet long, and dark metal cup hooks, and I think it will be really nice. :) I do hope the cup hooks don't work their way out throughout the year...they were awfully easy to screw into the cedar. Well, we learn as we go, right?

Here is a link that might be useful: Split shots Picture

Comments (6)