SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drifter007

Blue Jay Go Away

drifter007
16 years ago

Spring will be rolling up on me here in Ohio soon. I've got all these trees around my home, with tangling branches serving as beautiful external curtains. This winter, after a hot shower I stepped out & noticed a couple snowbirds playing in the branches & window frame right outside the bathroom window. It was nice and I decided that I'd install feeders outside all the upstairs windows.

Trouble is, I have a serious hatred of blue jays. I already own an alarm clock, it shrieks demonically--but only when I tell it to do so. I don't need blue jays loitering outside my bedroom windows, disturbing the peace. So I'm fishing for any ideas on how I might keep them away--short of interspecies violence, of course, which I could not advocate.

Any foods they won't eat? Or some kind of substance I could apply that might discourage the presence of blue jays, yet not interfere with the presence of other species? I think my old Red Rider BB Gun is probably still packed away in the folks's garage...but I am a peaceful man, I really want to exhaust any other options available...or maybe just not feed the birds.

thanks world...

Comments (10)