SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Problem with dogs and trying to garden

mikeandbarb
17 years ago

I've had it with the dogs running over my plants, yesterday one broke some of my cannas, breaking branches off Salvia and stepping on plants, I love my dogs and I love my plants so I'm putting up a fence around the plants so I can have both cause at this rate I will never get the plants to fill it if their constantly having to start over or replace broken branches.

With needing a large area to fence in I'm have to use a cheap wire fencing cutting it in two making it just tall enough to keep the dogs out but short enough for me to step over. I'm using what I have right now and I have some bamboo I had gotten a few years back for stakes to brace the fencing. This will work for the time being. At least I hope it works.

I do have some of the wire fence you can get from HD or Lowes but to fence it all off it would cost me about 200.00 bucks, while I think it is money will spend DH doesn't not, not for flowers anyway.DH wouldn't really say anything but I have spent a lot of money with all that I've done so far and there is so much more I'd like to do and well I'm not a millionaire LOL. So I have to come up with ideas that does not cost so much.

I'd like to hear what others have done to keep dog's out of gardens and flowers safe.

Barb

Comments (27)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio