SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buckstarchaser

Green Tea

buckstarchaser
9 years ago

I have a large worm bin that is set up to collect any liquids that settle to the bottom. I often spray the bin with a garden hose in order to increase this 'rinsate' when I want to water plants with it.

The other day I was spreading around some rotted wood chips as mulch. I wanted to wet it with rinsate, but using so much water would end up giving me nearly plain water as an output.

I ended up putting a layer of fresh rabbit manure on top of my bin and watering it in really good. The result was a greenish brown rinsate in my collection bucket. Essentially it's liquid manure without large particles, but with worm germ culture mixed into it.

I think this green (as in raw) manure/vermicompost rinsate could be brewed as a tea, and should be superior to molasses/vermicompost tea.

I don't intend to brew tea out of it, but I think it will perform better for watering my plants than the original stuff, because it has a significant amount of liquid manure in it. The solids that are left behind in the bin will feed the worms nicely.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living