SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abzzybee

Just ordered a Worm Factory 360 and 2000 worms!

abzzybee
10 years ago

I'm very exited about this next step in my gardening journey. I'm also a teeny bit scared! There's my adult son and I, we eat lots of fruits and veggies so should be able to produce enough scraps for them, maybe even too much at first. I do have 3 regular compost bins that I got from the county several years ago and are used year round so nothing that I can help l let go to waste. Here's my question, given our moderate season approaches I'd like to start it out outside, in a shady spot, somewhat protected from any rain under a fairly densely crowned tree. If this works, will I need to move it indoors when the hot temps return? Or, should I just pick an indoor spot (garage) not cooled though or inside where there is a/c at about 77 degrees. Any of you vermicomposters in Florida, specifically South who have experience and can offer tips, do's and don't' would be very welcome and appreciated.
I'm enjoying reading this forum and hope that some of the experiences will help me make my worms happy, fat and very productive.

Comments (10)