SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swampboogiequeen

Moms and worms

swampboogiequeen
18 years ago

I just wanted to start a new thread where we can post stuff about our kids and worms. Seems I'm not the only geek with a bunch of kids and worms. I have 3 kids, 10girl, 6boy, 2boy. The girl is the only one really interested in the worms. She tells everyone she's got 1853 pets.

I've got to do a girl scout meeting sometime comming up (against my better judgement...I totally suck at these kind of things), and I guess they like to do projects. I figure I'll do a worm bin project. I mean, what the heck, either it will really 'wow' the other parents and make me feel superior to them (you know how some of those know-it-all moms are), or it will totally freak them out, and they won't let me do another meeting. Either way, I WIN!

So I can spare some worms, but what to use for the bins? There will be about 8 kids, and you don't want them to fork out any $ for it, so I'm thinking of something like a diaper wipe container, but they don't come in dark plastic. Can I use any type of plastic container and spray paint them black?

The swiffer wet containers look perfect, but I don't really use a swiffer, just have 2 left over from Grandma's estate.

Also, should we bedazzle them, decorate the bins all princess-style? Just kidding! Or maybe that will be my 2nd meeting if they have me back.

Suggestions please, and also any other fun projects or stories you would like to share would be cool! I really want to hear more about MKitten's worm party!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting