SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deserthills_gw

Just an observation ...

DesertHills
18 years ago

Finally, those egg cartons I've collected for several months have become useful. I read about worms loving wet cardboard in the forum, so I used the egg-cartons instead, not shredded. Whenever I check the bin, the worms (who didnÂt leave the bin) are under the egg-cartons. I did a bit of experiment and cleared a small space on the side of the bin (I know, I know, I never leave them alone in peace), moving aside the newspaper bedding and food, then piled the egg-cartons. The worms moved there and have started eating the egg-cartons. They seem to prefer it than the veggie peels and shredded newspaper that have been around for two weeks. The bin now has a thin layer of light gray casting.

BTW, only 4 worms have escaped the past 4 days even though it has been raining almost every night. They must have gotten used to it by now, that or the birds are getting to them earlier than me.

IÂm really enjoying observing those worms, more so than the though of having compost after a few months. I blame this forum! ::grin::

Thanks everyone for your help!!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH