SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojo81_gw

Landscape Design Suggestions for House (pics)

jojo81
15 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the board but have been reading and searching this forum for about a month now.

I am new to gardening but have been trying to learn about plants and which ones will thrive in my area. I want to spruce up my house and add to the current landscaping that came with the house to try to fill-in that area of exposed foundation.

I would love some suggestions on what I am planning to do but I realize gardening is always a work in progress. I definitely have more time on my hands, I just got a new job that requires less travel so I am excited to work on my home.

Info: Zone 8. My house faces the South, so the sun goes east to west over my house (hope I described that correctly!) Budget: $400 - 500.

Here is a picture of the front:

Another pic of the front. I am trying to give you a good idea of the street view. I was thinking of planting a Mountain Laurel in the front right corner near the house to fill-in the area. That side wall looks kind of bare.

This is a view of the right side.

This is my INSPIRATION (front). A stone planter with a group of plants. The selection of plants is still TBD. I would like to build one of these either to the left corner or right corner, close to the sidewalk:

INSPIRATION (back):

This is a close view of the left side of the house. I would like something to go against the side of the house, to obstruct the view of the foundation. I was thinking of three Swannee River Privets since they wont grow too tall or wide.

I really need to do something near the fire hydrant. I'd like to plant a tree in midway between the house and fire-hydrant but realize it is close to the driveway so I need something that isn't to root aggressive. Any ideas?

And near the corner of the garage, I thought about planting a group of cannas with some other plants. But notice the gutter? I am thinking I would have to plant something in a raised pot/planter for that reason. Maybe a nice looking tuscan type planter.

This is a close up view of the flower bed near the house. I cleaned out the flower bed a couple of weeks ago and removed two bushes that didn't make it through winter. I would love to plant an Esparanza and a plumbago together. I don't know where though? I need to organize this bed. Suggestions?

I would like to add something in the smaller flower bed along the foundation. I thought maybe a plant that has red coloring and grows upward, reaching 3-4ft.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (12)