SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanwedding

got 6 ft stock tank, now what ?

Saw the video on "YOUTUBE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SuBT7SukdI&;

feature=related.

Tired of the critters getting my vegggie waste, trying to compost....like Peter Paul...LOL

I eat veggies like crazy, most I bought this year from local small farmer,,,, cause most my stuff died before busy me could get stuff planted in my strawbale enclosed new place gardening.....That another long story...LOL

So going the New 6 ft galv stock tank route. covered with plywood or sheet metal.... in a shady area.

Now the guy in the NW -named Peter Paul said he drilled holes in on end of his tank..... course it on a tilt somewhat..

1....Hey is Peter Paul on this forum?????

2.. How many holes and what size drill bit???

Hubby suggested like in a less than drywall bucket lid sized pattern... say 8 inch circle or so....

Hey if I fail at this it wont be first time....LOL

I always dragging non-gardening, busy Hubby into my hairbrained gardening schemes...

I am just curious why the built inn drain in the middle of the bottom rim would not be good enough????

Got plenty of straw and leaves but short on manure..except from what I can buy packaged

I can get chicken manure, free and maybe horse or cow ... but course it has to age????

Some people suggested that manure should have no dewormer in it????

How can I ask that when someone gives it to me for free???

But I am not shy...LOL

Please all chime in---esp those with pictures... and step by step... suggestions

Have been reading forums etc for several days etc....

I need to get this show on the road......Please yall

Oh been doing the worm tea making for a year with bought worm castings,,,,

Thank you

Jean

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!