SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christi_73

Worm preditor...How do I get rid of It???

Christi_73
18 years ago

I am a newbie here, and have been hanging around for a while reading all of your postings and learning a lot. I just want to say that I love this forum!!! I am so glad there are other people like me who enjoy earthworms.....My 3 yr old loves them and my hubby thinks I am nuts...lol Anyway, So I started my worm bin about a month ago, and all is going well. I plan on using my castings in my garden and around the yard. Well today we had a real gully washer of a rainstorm and as I was walking around after the rainstorm saving all the disoriented worms from the driveway...I found a planarian wrestling with an earthworm and quickly put it into a cup of bleach solution. I then was walking through the garden and found another, and at the same time my hubby found another on the driveway. I have read that these little critters will do much harm to earthworm populations. I am really worried that I have a whole lot of them around and want to know if there is any way to get rid of them!!! Please help! Thanks

Comments (10)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio