SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hermitonthehill

update: white elephant swap continued

hermitonthehill
16 years ago

Vela, et al, I apologize for taking the liberty of beginning a continued thread on the White Elephant Swap. I went to post, but was informed that the thread had reached a maximum number of replies and basically this was the thing to do.

For anyone new - I feel I should reiterate that anyone not already "in" this swap, has until 9 PM tonight (Sunday) to post the contents of their box and email Vela at vkupfner@yahoo.com directly with your GW SN and name/mailing address - she started all of this and is the uber-organizer. :)

For everyone else, hrmm, well maybe with a continuation/new thread, this is our opportunity to re-finalize our lists?

I can say now for sure, after counting them up, that amidst other things in the box I will send, there are at least 26 (twenty-six) different types of "tea" for whomever the recipient will be. These range from true tea (from the tea plant) to what are technically herbal or other botanical mixes for infusions. There's actually TWO OTHERS that I want to include, but am currently out of (because we drink so much of them here hehehe) that I should have time to re-stock and be able to include them as well. I told you all that I really liked tea. :) I think it's a nice selection though for varying personal tastes, home remedies, to go with different foods/cuisine, or for different times of the day, different seasons, etc. AND miracle of miracles, I DID pin down the Stevia Plus, so that too will be included.

I haven't yet specifically listed some of the "odds n ends" cuttings or plants, because I want them to go into the box "fresh", rather than sitting here boxed-up and waiting for the end of the swap/actual mailing day. I did forget to list the Wild Virginia Mountain Mint that I will include. I hope that since Vela has things "open" for under the radar joiners until 9 PM, that I can get a truly concise list together so there's not so much guessing or wondering by anyone and I can post it to be read clearly.

I want to thank Vela and everyone else that is a part of this White Elephant Swap/RR... after and while all of the less-than-pleasant things going on here lately that is zapping me of energy and focus, putting a box together for this has been a very cheery point for me as it allows me to share some of the "little things" that are "perks" for me, even when it feels like the weight of the world is coming down on me. I hope these little things will be perks for the recipient of my box as well. I really hope that there will be another "anything goes"/White Elephant swap in the future - this one just got the juices flowing!

Hermit

Comments (114)