SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: July Petal Pushers White Elephant Swap

brittneysgran
14 years ago

Each person participating this month will list the items they will be sending in their swap box. I will then put all the names of everyone participating into a bag and draw out names in the order they will get to pick a box.

Number 1 picks a box.

Number 2 can pick a box or steal from number 1.

If they steal from number 1, Number 1 gets to choose a new box. Number one can not of course take back the box that was stolen from them.

Number 3 picks a box or steals from number 1 or 2. Again if they steal a box from number one or two, number one or two can not take back the box. Number one or two must pick a new box.

Now we do allow if say down the line the original box chosen by some is stole a couple times like if number 1's box was stolen by number 2 and then it get stolen from number 2 and then number one is stolen from again, number one can retrieve their original box since it was not still in the hands of the original thief.

Please sign up if you are participating in the White Elephant Swap box for July. You will have until Monday July 6th to post your box and decide if you are going to be in this months swap.

We have these players so far:

Shirley

Karen

Tracy

Vic

Pat

Not Playing

Susie

Susie-I understand and hope you get all the things done that is needed done. Will miss you and post when you can.

Shirley

Comments (120)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

margaret, You are right about this great country we live in. We are all blessed to have these freedoms and the men and women who keep us safe. I hope you know that you are in my prayers. Wishing you many blessings.

Lisa, good things come to those who wait! LOL! I finally got a little time out in the yard since it finally didn't rain today! I've been scoping things out, trying to see what I haven't sent to people already and have come up with a few ideas! I will post my magic list tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it will make someone want to steal it. :O)

Hi Annie! I have stuff to send to you too. I sent an email a while back. I just need to know when you will be home so I can time it's arrival to you. I don't want it to sit while you are on the road. :O)

Ok, I'm hitting the sack. My company left about 1/2 hour ago and I'm bushed. I'll check back in the a.m.

Nighters!
    Tracy

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Good morning ladies. I don't know about you, but I am exhausted.
    What a great assortment of boxes. Each one is wonderful!
    This is a photo of the new copper watering pot that will be in my box. Have a peaceful day!

{{gwi:1282895}}

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Petal Puhers Jluy White Elephant Swap 2

Q

Comments (153)
    OMG! No phone! That's my connection to the rest of the world! I can stay in touch while I weed,clean or doing laundry. I can't imagine, what happens if there's an emergency? I would be terrified! I have the option to answer or not so it doesn't bother me that it rings too much! Annie, your killing me! I love those pics. I keep going back and looking at them. I thought I posted a good box, I guess not.LOL Tracy, where did you go???? Fran, it's getting close for your turn:]
    ...See More

Petal Pushers July White Elephant Swap #6

Q

Comments (135)
    I won, But I PROMISE to share it with you as soon as it's big enough to split. Don't tell the others, but you're my favorite Petal Pusher! ;) Miranda? (your mothers name, Shirley)?
    ...See More

NEW: Sept.~Petal Pushers~Shade Plant -White Elephant Swap

Q

Comments (16)
    Tracy-What's this about blowing up Alana's garden??? Were you a bad girl? Lisa-Great list of Heucheras! I read a terrific article a few months ago about the different species of Heucheras. If I can find the magazine I'll post some of the info. There was a lot of information that I really didn't know. Shirley, Denise and Carmen-So glad you'll be joining us. I missed the Customer Appreciation Day at Well-Sweep Herb Farm. It rained all day on Saturday. Was hoping to pick up a few plants at 20% off. Some of my plants will probably be on the small side for this swap. As some of you know I've had a terrible spring and summer as far as the weather goes. That's why I haven't be doing much trading lately. Sassy-Yes please lurk! I miss you too sweetie. I've never participated in a White Elephant swap so I'm really looking forward to this one. Have a great day everyone Mariann
    ...See More

UPDATE: Petal Pushers: August Cookbook Swap

Q

Comments (52)
    Fran, lol, thanks for NOT telling us! (Eggs & ketchup) It would probably turn me for good and this is only a once in a few months craving so please....lets let it go.....*grin* Dan hope you have a good trip and glad you and Fran have your boxes worked out, no problem! a residual effect of female hormones? Yes, probably! They're again, I craved cakes, pies, pasteries, etc when I was preggers almost 27 years ago, and since can't stand anything sweet. Love pound cake, but don't give me one with icing. Also, before that time I wouldn't eat any kind of greens, but craved them while preggers. Weird. I've eaten them ever since. Annie, sorry but great minds think alike and you're the winner in our book of the simplest and easiest and tastiest receipe! Love it, love it! Not that I don't love everyones else's and have copied them all and will be trying them:))) Tracy, that was so funny about the potato casserole receipe at the party, lol! Thank goodness she knows a good thing when she tastes it! Apparently it calmed her down! lol (Her good fortune, I'm sure) Fran! Congrat's on the iris! You done good girl! Annie, I'm closer to Fayetteville than Fran, I'm only an hour away, my step daughter lives there. Where I live here I'm only 10 miles from the SC/NC line and at the other house about the same to the NC/VA line, guess I like lines, lol. Hey think about it, how easy is it for me to be in 2 places at the same time? lol I'm so glad you don't have to work tonight after all, you sure deserve the time off! Thanks for posting Susie's receipes, she sent them to me too, bless her heart, I told her how my tomato bushes are just worn completely out, though they still have lots of tomato's on them,,all green. Now mind you I picked these off the bushes today, some are green because a storm knocked 2 bushes and frames down, so I had to bring them in. I had 2 pots on the stove blanching when I took this photo. Now mind you, I only have 6 plants, but I've never seen any produce harder. I've got 20 pint packs in the freezer now, I've given my SIL (3) plastic grocery bags full and this is what I picked today! And of course....a little suggie for those in need:)) (Notice the pout forming, my Mom took the pic as she was looking at me tell her to get out of there! lol) She does this u-turn with the bottom lip and 'holds' it there, lol. God I love this kid!!!!!! Sorry, okay, totally sidetracked....thanks so much Susie for the wonderful receipes, girl I have so many more tomatoes out there! I'll need them. Mariann, thank God someone noticed besides me! Thought my computer was going crazy! Its driving me nuts and only happened later today. Hope it straightens out soon, too hard to read. I've always wanted to try Fried Green Tomatoes, I've heard they taste like fried squash, which I love. Only way I'll eat squash. I do love chips in any sandwich, and I've got to try Tracy's receipe! I already know I'll love it! I have all the others copied too, did I already say that? Hummmmm, well if I did I'm sorry:( Vic, sorry the trip didn't go so well, you blinked and forgot, now would you call that a brain f@rt? Ok, I'm bad and I'm sorry!!!!! Please forgive a lil ole lady that can't hardly stand up straight like that kitty!!!! lol Night girls! Sassy
    ...See More
  • raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

Beautiful watering pot Alana! I know this is going to be a very fun swap!

Where is everyone today, and were all of you out celebrating a bit too much last night?

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Good Afternoon Everyone! We finally have a super sunny day here in Ohio! Yippee! I am ready to post the contents of my box for you.

My Box:

Daylily "Moonlit Masquerade"
    Echinacea "Sundown"
    Echinacea "Cygnet White"
    Echinacea "Double Decker"
    Lungwort "Roy Davidson"
    Fern "Bradfords Beauty"
    Hosta "Gold Edger"
    Hosta "Veronica Lake"
    Hosta "Golden Tiara"
    Hosta "Fortunei Aureomarginata"
    I will be adding a garden gift or two. I need to pick that still so I suppose that will just have to be a surprise! :O)

Here are a few pictures of some of the plants.

Moonlit Masquerade

Echinacea Sundown

Lungwort Roy Davidson

Hosta Fortunei Aureomarginata

Tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Hey girls!

What great boxes! I think I will have to draw names to pick one!

I'm still working on mine, and since I don't have many plants, there will be "stuff" in it too! : )

Deb and Alana, good to see you both around!
    Alana, I love that watering can!

Annie, that is a great idea about the most stolen box, I will try to help you keep track.

Margaret, how are you doing? I hope things settle down soon, is everything ok?

Going to go back outside : )

Vic

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hello! Just peeking in quick! Busy out in the garden. I picked all of my cauliflower, we picked green beans, and I picked some broccoli. We also dug some potatoes. We're grilling out for supper and having fresh cooked veggies to go with! (not cauliflower!)

Deb & Tracy & Carmen, LOVE your boxes! The books sound wonderful, and I love your lungwort Tracy. (all of your plants are beauties!) This is going to be so much fun! I still have a lot of googling to do, with Alana's, Carmen's, and now some of Tracys things. Deb's caladiums are really pretty, too. Alana, LOVE the watering can.

Our 4th of July was interesting to say the least, but I will post on that later maybe. It was a good time. Everyone survived! lol

I'll check back later tonight. For now, I have lots to do. Been busy outside and now the inside looks like a tornado went through!

:)Karen

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We have these players for the White Elephant Swap.
    Shirley
    Karen
    Tracy
    Vic
    Pat
    Sassy
    Alana
    Carmen
    Lisa
    Deb

Not Playing
    Susie
    Margaret
    Annie

Box #1 (Karen)
    Hosta 'Paul's Glory'
    Heuchera 'Melting Fire'
    Daylily's:
    'Siloam Fairy Tale Pink'
    'Bama Bound'
    'Bela Lugosi'
    'Joan Senior'
    Sedums:
    'Neon'
    'Tricolor'
    Dianthus 'Telstar Picotte'
    Lavender 'True'
    This noid Iris (see picture above)
    And this noid Iris (see picture above)
    Also a Pillsbury Party Cookbook 144 pages
    A surprise non-plant item or two.

Box #2 (Lisa)
    echinacea green envy *changed from green jewel*
    obedient plant- miss manners
    sedum-blue spruce
    carex- red rooster
    pulmonaria- roy davidson
    geum- lady stratheden
    campanula takesimana-elizabeth
    lily of the valley-pink
    helianthus lemon queen
    ligularia-unknown cultivar
    knipofia- from bluestone
    yarrow- Heidi from bluestone
    heuchera blackout ****added
    false solomons seal ****added
    Plus an item that she has posted for us to see.

Box #3 (Shirley)
    Daylily-'Beautiful Edgings'
    Daylily-'Egyptian Queen'
    Daylily-'Spacecoast Bold Design'
    Daylily-'Liquid Sunshine'
    Daylily-'Rib Tickling'
    Bearded Iris-'Vibrations'
    Bearded Iris-'Coral Point'
    Bearded Iris-'Gotta Lotta Bodda'
    Siberian Iris-'Lemon Veil'
    Louisiana Iris-'Black Gamecock'
    Japanese Iris-'Lion King'
    Lilium-'Cappuccino'
    Lilium-'Black Spider'
    Tiarella-'Pink Brushes'
    Hosta-'Elvis Lives'
    Crocosmia-'Babylon'

Box #4 (Pat)
    Daylily 'Lavender Tonic'
    Geum 'Mrs. Bradshaw'
    Echinacea 'White Swan'
    Penstemon 'Red Riding Hood'
    Balloon Flower 'Sentimental Blue'
    Hosta 'Julie Morss' (so tagged from the nursery but I haven't seen much variation on this one)
    Hosta 'Austin Dickinson'
    Hosta 'Holy Mole'
    Heuchera 'Cinnabar Silver' (though something could happen that I have to substitute 'Peppermint Spice')
    1 year Subscription to your choice of one of the following magazines: "Southern Living" (13 issues), "Country Living" (12 issues), "Midwest Living" (6 issues) or "Better Homes & Gardens" (12 issues).
    Lamiastrum 'Herman's Pride'
    Candylily - Pardancanda norrisii 'Kiba Giants'
    Echinacea 'Summer Sky'
    Echinacea 'Rocky Top'
    Variegated Liriope

Box #5 (Alana)
    Daylilies
    Rosey Returns
    Exotic Treasure
    Custard Candy
    Wild Horses
    Riviera Rhapsody

Bearded Iris
    Gazoo
    Unstable Gene
    Her Kingdom
    Galactic Warrior
    Magical Encounter

Others
    Hosta, Blue Mouse Ears
    Heuchera, "Mocha"
    My non plant item is a quart sized copper watering pot. (picture above)

Box #6 (Carmen)
    Chlorophaytum, Mandarin Plant-house plant
    Peruvian Grape Ivy
    Verigated mosquitoe plant- very pretty
    Coleus Blackberry Waffle
    Colocephalus Silver Bush
    Ajuga Chocolate Chip
    Heuchera Creme Brulee'
    Lemon Grass, great for lemony tea
    Hydrid Hosta "Sunhosta"beautiful large white flowers for in the SUN wooohooo
    Juncus Twisted Arrows
    Gag surprise that was gifted to me and I'm passing it on
    Gardening bottle with fan and space for ice to keep you cool.
    Daylily "fairy tale pink"
    Plus a couple surprices

Box #7 (Deb)
    Hardcover (very large book) "Martha Stewart's GARDENING Month by Month" 360 pages. Lots of info! (Book is like new)

Humming bird feeder made by First Nature

Magazines- Older issues..
    2 Fine Gardening
    Country Gardening
    Burpee American Gardening Series/Garden Designs

Caladium bulb "Candidum" white with green veins

Caladium bulb "F.M Joyner" White with green netting, red veins

Allium (Color unknown) 12 bulbs

Seeds-
    Sweet Autumn Clematis
    Flowering Tobacco "Nicotiana Alata"
    Pink Asiatic Lily
    Monarda Wahpe
    Heliopsis Helianthoides False Sunflower
    Scarlet Flax
    Nicotiana Sylvestris "Only the Lonely"
    Sweet William
    Veronica Spicata "Blue"

Best book of all.. 1,519 All Natural All Amazing Gardening Secrets by Reader's Digest, hardcover 383 pages (book is like new) Book highlites- Less weeding, greener grass, fewer bugs, bigger blooms!
    Last book (softcover) used- Exotic Flowering Houseplants by William Davidson pgs. 96. Lots of info too, color pics!

Cute little plastic windchime- Hearts

Box #8 (Tracy)
    Echinacea "Sundown"
    Echinacea "Cygnet White"
    Lungwort "Roy Davidson"
    Fern "Bradfords Beauty"
    Hosta "Gold Edger"
    Hosta "Veronica Lake"
    Hosta "Golden Tiara"
    I will be adding a garden gift or two. I need to pick that still so I suppose that will just have to be a surprise

We just need two more boxes posted, one from Sassy and one from Vic. Not sure if Mariann is playing or sitting out.

I just got home from our mini vacation. Pigeon Forge, TN was soooooooo crowded if took hours to get out of there. Well better get the camper unpacked...Be back later.

Shirley

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Shirley,
    I'm sorry, I will get my box posted tomorrow. I wanted to do it today, but didn't get a chance with Jamie home for the weekend. I will try and post it at lunch if I can. I have to go get my goody box out : )
    Vic

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

OK things DIDN'T go as planned for me this weekend BUT I SOOOOOO want to play so NOW my question is: How long do we have till we have to mail out the box? As I haven't seen a send by date :). I probably missed it somewhere, even though I DID read all the post as they were posted, but you know me. I forget a lot don't I Tracy girl? And thanks for the heads up email.

Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a terrific weekend.

:) Fran

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Hi girls! I hope you all had a wonderful 4th weekend. I never got a chance to speak again before we left, so I'm going to just say a big "HI" to everyone! We did some great fishing and to end an absolutely wonderful 21st anniversary, Saturday night........ we sat out in the pontoon boat in the middle of the sound and watched ALL the fireworks, and they were just awesome. It was amazing!
    I hope all of you had a great weekend too.

I'll try to be back soon, but Shirley please continue your game, I may not get back in time, but thats ok, I'll keep popping in when I can:)

Sassy

• ptilda
    14 years ago

Nothing like the last minute... I have not done anything with this group before, but am very interested in this swap. What do I need to do to sign up? I have:

Hosta Allen P. McConnell (mini)
    Hosta Gold Standard
    Hosta Golden Tiara
    Hosta Lakeside Little Gem
    Hosta Lancifolia
    Hosta Twist of Lime
    Hosta Undulata Albomarginata
    Stella D'Oro Daylily
    Magnetta Spiderwort
    Dark Red Yarow
    Hens and Chicks
    White Lily of the Valley
    Pink Lily of the Valley
    NOID Yellow Bearded iris
    Syringa vulgaris - common lilac
    Hand-made "garden plaques" (personalized if desired)

Will be able to add some items if you can fit me in.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Good morning all,

It was a quite day in here yesterday, did everyone enjoy themselves a bit too much on the 4th? I had company yesterday so I didn't get much done outside but I had a nice day, the weather was beautiful!

Vic, I'm going to mail your box out today. I'll use ups so you don't have to go to the post office.... I do need an addy though, Vic in Montana isn't enough.lol

Annie, no pics yesterday? I love looking at your daylilies! I made a little graph to track how many times a box is picked, it should be a breeze.

Shirley, I camp too, It's all fun and games until it's time to empty out the motorhome and catch up on the laundry, glad to hear you had a good time.

Sassy, your not going to play?

Tracy, Karen and Fran...just a hello for you all!

Pat, I sent you an email last week. I would like to square off with you, drop me a line when you get a minute.

Ptilda, hello and welcome, Shirley is the hostess of this months swap, I'm sure she'll post an answer for you soon.

Have a great day!
    Lisa

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Good Morning, everyone. It was a nice holiday weekend here. It rained from 3 p.m. on the 4th until about noon yesterday but it was still pleasant. I hope everyone else had a good weekend too.

Hi, Ptilda! Welcome to the board. I looked at your trade page. You have a LOT of nice hosta pictures. I see you have trades pending with Jen Frazier. I've traded with Jen in the past. She's great!

Lisa - Sorry for the delay in answering your e-mail. I did reply a few minutes ago. The box you mailed hasn't reached me yet. I will let you know when it does.

Well, chores are calling my name. I'll check in later.

Pat

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Greetings ptilda and everyone else. I think I will have to draw a number out of a hat to choose a box to pick (or swipe)!

Have a good Monday!

Wild Horses

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

I just know I'm going to kick myself for not participating!

Alana, Wild Horses will have to go on my want list! You always take beautiful pictures.

Yes, I took some pictures

COSMIC HUMMINGBIRD- THIS IS A REALLY CUTE MINIATURE DAYLILY

DRAGON'S EYE

MATT

CHANTILLY PINK

BELA LUGOSI

EL DESPERADO

FIRESTORM AMONG THE HOSTA, THIS NEEDS TO BE MOVED

CHICAGO STAR

ANTOHER UNKNOWN LOST TAG LILY, Maybe someone can tell me the name?

Sorry about the big picture of Chicago star. I know many people are not fond of yellow, but I really like this one. I think the bigger pic of this one really shows how beautiful it really is.

LIsa and Vic thank you for the help keeping track of who chose what.

Waving to everyone
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Good morning everyone! I ended up getting some type of stomach bug yesterday and was pretty miserable for the day. I'm feeling a little better today but still have a nasty headache. Made some pancakes for the kiddos for breakfast this morning so they're pretty happy. :O)

Fran, since we're stealing boxes from each other through part of the month we don't have a send by date yet. I'm sure Shirley will let us know when we have to stop playing grabby hands! LOL!

Sassy, Happy 21st anniversary! If I remember right you also had a birthday too, right? Happy Birthday! I hope you get back to play with us! Glad you got the email. :O)

Ptilda, welcome to Petal Pushers! You have some lovely plants to send in your box. Thanks for joining us, it's great to have you.

Alana, Wild horses is going on my wish list too. It is beautiful. So similar to Moonlit Masquerade but a bit more striking!

Annie, I love the pictures that posted. You make it so hard to pick a favorite. But since I'm partial to lavenders and reds I'm going with Bella Lugosi, Cosmic Hummingbird and El Desperado. Just beautiful!

Lisa, did you go camping this weekend too? Hi to you too. I can send you Vic's address if you like. LMK. Although, you might actually get it to her if you just put Vic in Montana, might be a funny experiment. LOL!

Shirley, You'll have to tell us all about Pigeon Forge. I've never heard of it. I hope you had a great time.

Tracy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

checking in real quick....

Tracy, I hope you feel better later today.

Annie, I have wild horses, if I can find it I'll send you a division.

Lisa

• pat_6
    14 years ago

You wrote:

"You'll have to tell us all about Pigeon Forge. I've never heard of it."

LOL! You can sure tell you're not from the southeast part of the country! I've been thinking of us as "almost neighbors" but I guess I live a lot farther south than you, 'cause EVERYONE in our area goes to Pigeon Forge area a few times a year. (Until they're ready to retire. Then they move to FL!)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Ok, Ok, quit laughing at the "Yankee" and tell me what in the heck it is! Phhhllbbt! (blowing a raspberry at Pat!)

Lisa, thank you, I hope I feel better too. You're much nicer to me than Pat is. (cheeky grin)

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Tracy, Honey, of course I hope you feel better soon! In fact, I hope you'll never feel unwell again! There, how's that? (Big smile!)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

(Grinning wildly)Pat, I feel so much better now. Your kind words must have done the trick. Rofl'ing! Well, maybe it was the Advil I took.

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Feel better Tracy. I hope illness did not spoil your holiday.
    Never heard of Pigeon Forge? How about Dollywood? We usually go for Octoberfest when the car shows are going on, but lately we've had several family weddings there.

Annie, I love your daylilies. For some reason I don't have many of the lavender ones. I need to fix that! You have some lovely ones!

Alana

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Ahh Tracy girl, it isn't nice the whole group is picking on you now is it?
    Pigeon Forge AND Dollywood are in TENN. neither of which I have been too, never had the desire to go to either.
    We have Ghostown here in out mountain area of NC, along with Maggie Valley, Cherokee, Blue Ridge Parkway ALL of which I try NOT to go to because when I was younger my mama dragged us to Chimney Rock almost EVERY freaking weekend.
    Which explains no matter HOW cool Pigeon Forge and Dollywood are I have no want to go there. Although I have heard Dollywood is FUN! My mama has been to both places in Tenn and prolly ALL the places here in NC.
    I am not a mountain seeker, I am a beach lover. I wish I could go there too. Have been once on vacation some odd 20 years ago and once about 2 years ago coming through Fl, the SO stopped for about 30 mins to let me get wet and then we had to go! LOL.

Annie, LOVE the daylilies: BELA LUGOSI has been on my list since I seen it on auction on ebay! Alana, Wild Horses is a looker too! NICE.

Well, If we have all month to send the box out maybe I could make enough funds between now and then to cover the cost of shipping. The SO told me NO TRADING this month unless I could cover the postage myself so I have to come up with postage for a few boxes, the Crazy Swap is one because I joined that BEFORE he said NO lol.

OK well, I will be a looking for Vic's Box to be posted. I have a list already made out for my box, I am just debating on whether or not I should try it hehe.

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Thanks Alana, nope, never heard of Pigeon Forge but I have heard of Dollywood. I've never been there, of course, but have a vivid imagination of what some of the rides might be like. LOL! Dolly Parton was on Letterman not too long ago talking about it. I always liked that lady. She certainly has a great business mind.

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Actually Tracy, Dollywood is in Pigeon Forge. It is only one of the attractions in the area but I thought you might recognize the name and get a frame of reference.
    I will peek in tomorrow to scope out the last of the boxes!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Ahhhhhh. It is making sense now Alana! Thanks to you and Fran I get it! I haven't done any travelling in that part of the country. It is something I would like to do at some point in the future. We have Cedar Point up here for the kids and the amusement park fix. I'm not a huge fan of that personally. I'm more of a beach bum like Fran. Give me a book, some sand and water and I'm in heaven! LOL!

We also have Hocking Hills and Mohican for camping, fishing, hiking, horse back riding, skiing and stuff. I like doing all that stuff too. Just not as much as when I was younger.

Fran! Post that box! Post that box! Post that Box!

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

OK! Here goes, this will be quick, I'm at work...

Daylilies
    Ice Carnival
    Rocket City
    One more but I'm not sure what yet, (it's a good excuse
    to go get another! : )

Blue oat grass
    Strawberry Ribbon Grass

No ID Rose - This is a tall, 5ft rose. I just got some from a friends yard, they are bright pink. I was going to take a pic of the one that was in bloom but I planted it too close to the dog kennel....(live and learn)

IF the "winner" of my box would like I have a White flowering Yucca, but, don't feel obligated to take this one! I know some ppl like them, I don't, but they grow wild here : )

An assortment of seeds that I will try to match up to your wants list.

a pair of gloves, leather/suede size med
    patio candle - I think it's Hyacinth scented, can't remember
    and your choice of one of 3 bird feeders, I'll post pics tonight. One is a hummer feeder, and the other 2 are for seed.

I think that's it!

Ptilda, Welcome to Petal Pushers! You will like it here : ) Where are you at, zn 3 sounds cold!
    You do have some pretty hosta's!

Gotta run..
    Vic

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hello!

Sassy, your 4th of the July sounds awesome! I would love to sit out on a pontoon and enjoy the fireworks! I hope you are able to play with us!

ptilda, welcome and your list is very nice!!

Alana, the 'Wild Horses' is a beauty!

Annie, some of my fav.s are 'Matt', 'Chantilly Pink', and 'Firestorm'. You have sooo many pretty daylilies.

Tracy, you aren't the only one whose never heard of Pigeon Forge! I've heard of Dollywood, of course, but never Pigeon Forge. It sounds like a beautiful place to visit though! My middle son has been saving to go to Cedar Point since last fall. Unfortunately we will not be able to make the trip this year, so he's hopeful for next! My hubby says we would drive. Ugghhh! 12 hrs on the road does not sound appealing to me! I like the amusement parks for my family, but I'm afraid of heights, so I don't ride anything! I'd also rather relax on the beach! Or Sassy's pontoon! Hope you are feeling better!

Vic & Fran, Post those boxes!!! :)

Pat & Lisa, I'm glad your 4th of Julys went good! (too bad about the rain, Pat!) Lisa, if I don't get your box, I would love to have some false solomens seal. If there is anything you'd like from my lists, just let me know!

If I've missed anyone, Hello!, and hope you are all having a great day!

:O) Karen

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Oops! Vic, you posted while I was typing! Another fabulous box! :)

Also, I forgot to you, Shirley, that I hope your vacation in Pigeon Forge went well! Unpack that camper and relax!

Karen

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

OK, I will post and I want to state NOW. I may not get to actually send until the first week of August, it depends on if some jobs come through and/or if I make some money for side selling IF this is a problem I will withdraw my box BUT there is a chance things will work out and I can send on time!
    I just want to put it out there that I may not get to send on time up front! So everyone knows that I could be late Shirley if this is a problem, email me and I will come withdraw from this month ok?

HERE is the contents of my box:

01. Trumpet Vine (deep red/orangey color)may lose it tops but will put out from the root
    02. Seedling Night Blooming Jasmine (it will be about 4.5 to 5 inches tall, it is a seedling)
    03. Star Jasmine 1 rooted Piece/Stem? (about 13 inches long)
    04. Datura Lilac Lefleur
    05. Datura Black Currant Swirl (seedling, not sure how big it will be it is about 2 inches now, they grow fast it will come potted)
    06. Syringa vulgaris Common Lilac, French Lilac small plant divison
    07. Malva sylvestris Mystic Merlin (young plant)
    08. Heuchera 'Pewter Veil'
    09. Hosta 'August Moon'
    10. Verbena bonariensis
    11. Tricyrtis 'Tojen' (Tojen Toad Lily)
    12. Echinacea 'Pink Double Delight' young plants
    13. Echinacea 'Mac 'N' Cheese' young plants

other items to be included be SURPRISED hehe

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Fran, nice box! I have all but three of your listed plants growing here in my yard right now.lol

Shirley, when will the names be picked for people to pick boxes? I'm not in a hurry, just, oh okay, maybe a little....

Lisa

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Some pictures from the garden today...

Gold Edger in the sunny spot. I have one in the shade that is much greener than this one.

Fran, great box! I have no datura here at all! You can just go ahead and ship them to me. I won't mind waiting a bit! LOL! I don't think anyone will mind if you have to wait until the beginning of August if you need to. We all totally get it. Gotta keep the man-person happy. :O)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We have these players for the White Elephant Swap.
    Shirley
    Karen
    Tracy
    Vic
    Pat
    Alana
    Carmen
    Lisa
    Deb
    Fran
    ptilda

Not Playing
    Susie
    Margaret
    Annie

Box #1 (Karen)
    Hosta 'Paul's Glory'
    Heuchera 'Melting Fire'
    Daylily's:
    'Siloam Fairy Tale Pink'
    'Bama Bound'
    'Bela Lugosi'
    'Joan Senior'
    Sedums:
    'Neon'
    'Tricolor'
    Lavender 'True'

Box #2 (Lisa)
    sedum-blue spruce
    carex- red rooster
    pulmonaria- roy davidson
    geum- lady stratheden
    lily of the valley-pink
    helianthus lemon queen
    knipofia- from bluestone

Box #3 (Shirley)
    Daylily-'Egyptian Queen'
    Daylily-'Rib Tickling'
    Lilium-'Cappuccino'
    Lilium-'Black Spider'
    Tiarella-'Pink Brushes'
    Hosta-'Elvis Lives'
    Crocosmia-'Babylon'

Box #4 (Pat)
    Daylily 'Lavender Tonic'
    Geum 'Mrs. Bradshaw'
    Echinacea 'White Swan'
    Hosta 'Julie Morss' (so tagged from the nursery but I haven't seen much variation on this one)
    Hosta 'Austin Dickinson'
    Hosta 'Holy Mole'
    Heuchera 'Cinnabar Silver' (though something could happen that I have to substitute 'Peppermint Spice')
    1 year Subscription to your choice of one of the following magazines: "Southern Living" (13 issues), "Country Living" (12 issues), "Midwest Living" (6 issues) or "Better Homes & Gardens" (12 issues).
    Echinacea 'Summer Sky'
    Echinacea 'Rocky Top'
    Variegated Liriope

Box #5 (Alana)
    Daylilies
    Rosey Returns
    Exotic Treasure
    Custard Candy
    Wild Horses
    Riviera Rhapsody

Bearded Iris
    Gazoo
    Unstable Gene
    Her Kingdom
    Galactic Warrior
    Magical Encounter

Others
    Hosta, Blue Mouse Ears
    Heuchera, "Mocha"

Box #6 (Carmen)
    Peruvian Grape Ivy
    Coleus Blackberry Waffle
    Colocephalus Silver Bush
    Ajuga Chocolate Chip
    Heuchera Creme Brulee'
    Juncus Twisted Arrows
    Plus a couple surprices

Box #7 (Deb)
    Hardcover (very large book) "Martha Stewart's GARDENING Month by Month" 360 pages. Lots of info! (Book is like new)

2 Fine Gardening
    Country Gardening

Seeds-
    Sweet Autumn Clematis
    Pink Asiatic Lily
    Monarda Wahpe
    Scarlet Flax
    Sweet William
    Veronica Spicata "Blue"

Best book of all.. 1,519 All Natural All Amazing Gardening Secrets by Reader's Digest, hardcover 383 pages (book is like new) Book highlites- Less weeding, greener grass, fewer bugs, bigger blooms!
    Last book (softcover) used- Exotic Flowering Houseplants by William Davidson pgs. 96. Lots of info too, color pics!

Box #8 (Tracy)
    Echinacea "Sundown"
    Echinacea "Cygnet White"
    Lungwort "Roy Davidson"
    Fern "Bradfords Beauty"
    Hosta "Gold Edger"
    Hosta "Veronica Lake"
    Hosta "Golden Tiara"
    I will be adding a garden gift or two. I need to pick that still so I suppose that will just have to be a surprise

Box #9 (ptilda)
    Hosta Gold Standard
    Hosta Golden Tiara
    Hosta Lancifolia
    Hosta Twist of Lime
    Stella D'Oro Daylily
    Magnetta Spiderwort
    Dark Red Yarow
    Hens and Chicks
    White Lily of the Valley
    Pink Lily of the Valley
    NOID Yellow Bearded iris

Box #10 (Vic)
    Daylilies
    Ice Carnival
    Rocket City

Blue oat grass
    Strawberry Ribbon Grass

No ID Rose - This is a tall, 5ft rose. I just got some from a friends yard, they are bright pink. I was going to take a pic of the one that was in bloom but I planted it too close to the dog kennel....(live and learn)

IF the "winner" of my box would like I have a White flowering Yucca, but, don't feel obligated to take this one! I know some ppl like them, I don't, but they grow wild here : )

and your choice of one of 3 bird feeders, I'll post pics tonight. One is a hummer feeder, and the other 2 are for seed.

Box #11 (Fran)
    01. Trumpet Vine (deep red/orangey color)may lose it tops but will put out from the root
    02. Seedling Night Blooming Jasmine (it will be about 4.5 to 5 inches tall, it is a seedling)
    04. Datura Lilac Lefleur
    05. Datura Black Currant Swirl (seedling, not sure how big it will be it is about 2 inches now, they grow fast it will come potted)
    09. Hosta 'August Moon'
    10. Verbena bonariensis

Lisa-Camping is alot of fun and I do try to keep two of everything, one for the house and one for the camper so the only thing I have to unload is dirty clothes and food.

Sassy-When was your anniversary? Mine was the 4th and I have been married for 40 years. Hope you make it back in time to play. I will keep it open until 9:00 and then I will post the names in the order they can pick a box.

ptilda-Not sure who is the spokesman for this group so I will say you can play but please send your box first to whomever receives it. We would love for you to join the group and be in future swaps.

Tracy-I can't believe you have never heard of Pigeon Forge, Tn. LOL I buy season passes to Dollywood and also Splash Country (A Water Park) because we go so many times in the year. I love the shows, the shops and the eating places. I have seen Dolly Parton also because we go so much. She is a beautiful lady.

Be back later.

Shirley

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Ok Shirley, I'm gonna try to get this in before 9 so let me get to it.

My box will have.........

Daylilies...
    America's Most Wanted
    Freeda James
    Golden Scroll
    Jedi Tequilla Sunrise
    Sweet As Honey
    Slap Me Sassy

Iris......

Black Gamecock
    Hemstitched
    Honorable
    Spring Peeper
    Stop the Music
    Wabash

I'll try to post pics later for everyone but I was running out of time and also, may be adding more surprises but this is the bulk of it.

I will also be including a non-plant item, but will have to decide what later.

Dang, I think I made it!

Tracy thank you for the birthday wish! It was today and I had it off so was a pretty great day.

Shirley, my anniversary was the 4th also, it was a really great weekend and I'm glad yours was too.

Hi to everyone else until I can try to get back and speak to everyone:))

Sassy

• sassyd
    14 years ago

My box looks small compared so I'll be adding some hostas or maybe some more daylilies, but I don't have time to get that all in before 9, since its 3 minutes after, lol.

Sassy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Sassy, I have got to go grab a tissue to wipe the drool off my chin! I'd be more than happy to get that box just the way it is!!!

Shirley, oh Shirley..come out, come out wherever you are...

Girls, the game is about to begin so let me just remind you all, I know where you live and I love to travel!!!!!!!!!lol

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Lets get ready to RUMMMMMMBBBLLLLLLEE!

I'm ready!

Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Lisa, sorry, that box is mine! I have to get some of that Slap Me Sassy! LOL! You better keep that camper out of here. Don't forget I have no trouble calling the cops! LOL!

Sassy! That box is wonderful just the way it is. It is certainly NOT small by any measure! I think I have 10 plants in my box.

Shirley, I see you chuckling at me, now stop that! LOL! It does sound like a great place to visit. I can't believe that I hadn't heard of it before. We northerners don't get to hear about all the southerner's secret getaways! :O)

Tapping fingers, waiting for Shirleys hubby to draw names. Hurry, hurry, hurry!

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Lisa thank you! I will surely add more but that will have to be surprises:)) Oh and btw, I got your email with Larry's address and I'm making me a note so I can get it out tommorrow. Thank you so much sweetie! (I also got the iris, hehehe, about forgot that part)

Karen, are ya sure you're readly? lol

Alana, meant to say its good to see you back!

Welcome to our new girl, I apologize for not remembering your name. You'll find this to be a great group!

Hellllllllllloooo my dear Annie! Your pics are gorgeous, I can't wait for Shelby's Song to multiply, don't forget I'm on your list already:))))

Let the trampling of sweet old ladies begin!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Tracy, when you see this.....

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

I'm ready, Sassy! lol

I've been checking and double checking everyone's lists and I think I have it narrowed down to, ohhhh....about 11 boxes!

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Correction, I have it narrowed down to 12 boxes! (I was going from Shirleys last list of 11)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Box #1 (Karen)
    Hosta 'Paul's Glory'
    Heuchera 'Melting Fire'
    Daylily's:
    'Siloam Fairy Tale Pink'
    'Bama Bound'
    'Bela Lugosi'
    'Joan Senior'
    Sedums:
    'Neon'
    'Tricolor'
    Lavender 'True'

Box #2 (Lisa)
    sedum-blue spruce
    carex- red rooster
    pulmonaria- roy davidson
    geum- lady stratheden
    lily of the valley-pink
    helianthus lemon queen
    knipofia- from bluestone

Box #3 (Shirley)
    Daylily-'Egyptian Queen'
    Daylily-'Rib Tickling'
    Lilium-'Cappuccino'
    Lilium-'Black Spider'
    Tiarella-'Pink Brushes'
    Hosta-'Elvis Lives'
    Crocosmia-'Babylon'

Box #4 (Pat)
    Daylily 'Lavender Tonic'
    Geum 'Mrs. Bradshaw'
    Echinacea 'White Swan'
    Hosta 'Austin Dickinson'
    Hosta 'Holy Mole'
    Echinacea 'Summer Sky'
    Echinacea 'Rocky Top'
    Variegated Liriope

Box #5 (Alana)
    Daylilies
    Rosey Returns
    Exotic Treasure
    Custard Candy
    Wild Horses
    Riviera Rhapsody

Bearded Iris
    Gazoo
    Unstable Gene
    Her Kingdom
    Galactic Warrior
    Magical Encounter

Others
    Hosta, Blue Mouse Ears
    Heuchera, "Mocha"

Box #6 (Carmen)
    Peruvian Grape Ivy
    Coleus Blackberry Waffle
    Colocephalus Silver Bush
    Ajuga Chocolate Chip
    Heuchera Creme Brulee'
    Juncus Twisted Arrows
    Plus a couple surprices

Box #7 (Deb)

2 Fine Gardening
    Country Gardening

Seeds-
    Sweet Autumn Clematis
    Pink Asiatic Lily
    Monarda Wahpe
    Scarlet Flax
    Sweet William
    Veronica Spicata "Blue"

Box #8 (Tracy)
    Echinacea "Sundown"
    Echinacea "Cygnet White"
    Lungwort "Roy Davidson"
    Fern "Bradfords Beauty"
    Hosta "Gold Edger"
    Hosta "Veronica Lake"
    Hosta "Golden Tiara"

Box #9 (ptilda)
    Hosta Gold Standard
    Hosta Golden Tiara
    Hosta Lancifolia
    Hosta Twist of Lime
    Stella D'Oro Daylily
    Magnetta Spiderwort
    Dark Red Yarow
    Hens and Chicks
    White Lily of the Valley
    Pink Lily of the Valley
    NOID Yellow Bearded iris

Box #10 (Vic)
    Daylilies
    Ice Carnival
    Rocket City

Blue oat grass
    Strawberry Ribbon Grass

Box #11 (Fran)
    04. Datura Lilac Lefleur
    09. Hosta 'August Moon'
    10. Verbena bonariensis

Box #12 (Sassy)
    Box #1 (Karen)
    Hosta 'Paul's Glory'
    Heuchera 'Melting Fire'
    Daylily's:
    'Siloam Fairy Tale Pink'
    'Bama Bound'
    'Bela Lugosi'
    'Joan Senior'
    Sedums:
    'Neon'
    'Tricolor'
    Lavender 'True'

Yeah Sassy you made it....I just came in from planting a few things.

OK DRUM ROLL AND HERE ARE THE NAMES:::::::To be Continued
    on new thread

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Lisa...

Bring it!
    {{gwi:1282915}}

I'll be waiting...

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Tracy & Vic, while you two are duking it out, I'll be sneaking away with the goodies! hehehe

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

LMAO, Tracy you crack me up!!!!!!!!!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

I thought that might make you smile! LOL! Got any camouflage for that bus? (giggling)

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

ROFLOL!
    I am trying to post pics and I can't even keep up with the thread tonight!

Annie, I love your pics, I like the yellows also.

Alana, I love wild horses!

ok, of course my camera is charging, GRRRR, but I have pics of the 2 seed feeders, the hummer feeder is very pretty, it is square and has 2 glass sides that are made to look like a stained glass pic of a flower, the frame is metal.
    feeder #1

feeder#2

Ok NOW I'm ready to start fighting, err, I mean picking a box!!!

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Hey girls, watch out for Karen, she's trying to grab the boxes and go! (sticking foot out to trip her)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Vic! Get over to the new thread! I've got my eye on Karen, you make sure Lisa stays at her house. I've got my big old Tank just in case! LOL!