SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ghfarm

Wheeee!!! Getting Started...

ghfarm
18 years ago

Hi All,

Just officially introducing myself. I have been lurking for a few weeks now. Got excited about worming last month when I went to the Lawn/Garden store and found out how expensive worm castings are! We have outdoor compost and about 400 sq ft of raised bed vegetable garden, so need lots of goodies to add to plant soil -- I said "I can do this myself!" So I ordered some red wigglers and a worm tower (this was before I researched cheaper ways of having a homemade worm bin....oh well.)

Sooooo, my worms arrived yesterday! I was prepared for them to look shrunken and slow after all the warnings about what shipping can do to them, but they looked GREAT! The worm tower is on backorder :( so I ended up making a homemade bin anyway...I think we generate enough kitchen garbage to support two bins anyway. Last night was their first night, 1 escaped through an air hole an 2 were on the top of the lid, but so far (less than enthusiastic) hubby hasn't been able to complain too much, and my kids absolutely LOVE them.

Thanks for all the great info I've already gleaned from this group. I look forward to participating in the future!

Michelle in KS

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21