SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

sa swap plant list

natvtxn
16 years ago

If you want to list what you have to take to the swap, please do so here.

Comments (51)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

Is anyone interested in:

Small evergreen agaves for growing in pots

Furry leafed wandering jew that stays where you put it

Little evergreen 'finger cactus' for pots

Ghost plant (ever grey) that blooms pink

I can bring IF there is anybody that wants them.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

We have an old five foot wooden ladder that we've replaced with a more sturdy aluminum one. Bob was going to trash it, but I've seen magazine pictures where in a cottage garden setting old ladders have been used to grow vines on or, when placed on the ground and the sections filled with soil, they've been shown planted with herbs or flowers.

If anyone wants it for that purpose I can bring it to the swap.

• Related Discussions

update: 100 limit plant swap plants have list what's coming in

Q

Comments (15)
    I'm sending 5 packets of white and yellow daffodils[5+ bulbs each] 4 packets of white and orange daffodils[5+ bulbs each] 7 packets of orange fall crocus[5+ bulbs each] 9 packets of white and yellow narcissi[15 + small bulbs each] 10 cranesbill geranium Broody 2 hosta Frances Williams 10 daylilies Happy Retunns 10 daylilies Scarlet Tenegar 3 daylilies Condilla 5 daylilies Little Business 5 daylilies Little Bumblebee 3 daylilies Dog Mare 5 daylilies Siloam Red Ruby 3 daylilies Grape Magic 4 daylilies Mini Pearl 5 daylilies Pinicch 5 daylilies Prairie Gem 5 daylilies Siloam Tiny Mitz
    ...See More

What about this little plant from the S.A. Swap?

Q

Comments (4)
    Hey PK -- I already have an octopus agave. A squid agave should feel right at home. Come to think of it the pink and grey color and markings are kinda' like a squid. Well Kathy, (giggle) figured you would not be a great fan of this plant being the softy cottage gardener you are, but somebody's gotta' love 'um! (At least when my dear friend Kathy was over here she conceded that the blue pot was not as ugly in person and she thought it was in the picture I posted on the gallery. Thank you Kathy ... I think ;-) Hahahaha.
    ...See More

Follow-up to SA Plant Swap.....Perrenial Morning Glory???

Q

Comments (1)
    Hi Sheila. Were you at the swap at MacArthur Park ? If so, you probably got this from me. Mine has never been fed any type of fertilizer, and rarely gets any more moisture than what comes from the sky.... and you know how little that's been lately. I can't tell you if it needs another season or not. Can you send me a picture of it ? Mine is in full sun pretty much all day. Maybe yours gets too much shade ? Too much water ? Maybe just give it more time, although mine has been blooming the past month or two. patty
    ...See More

Photos are up of S.A. Plant Swap ...

Q

Comments (6)
    Lin, plan one your self. That's how this one got started. Barbara, me and another were also bemoaning the fact that the swaps we knew about were so far away. That is how this started. At that point we 3 people would be there.LOL The one piece of advice I would give is have one person pick a date and a place. Y'all will never please everyone for a date and place. I personally would not have one at my home. Everyone seems very nice on here. But I don't want strangers trucking inside to use the facilities. Post your own post asking if anyone is interested. Do that right now and you could have a swap at some park next week. I bet there are lots of people with plants they don't want to over winter or have more than they want etc. Like all those cop shows say, do it! Do it Now.
    ...See More
  • roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

The ladder has been laying on it's side out by the compost pile. Bob just hauled it out. It's rotten on one side, but will still stand up. So if anyone wants it speak now (as the saying goes :-) or it will be broken up and put out for the trash pick-up on Tuesday.

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I carved of my birdhouse gourds.
    Subsequently, I now have lots of BH gourd seeds.

2 red lantanas

• castro_gardener
    16 years ago

Thryalis "Golden Showers"
    airplane plant
    Buford holly
    ficus
    Katie ruellia / Mexican petunia
    jade
    Salvia greggii white/red/dreamsicle
    various kalanchoes
    Bilbergia
    clivia
    Salvia madrensis
    Christmas cactus
    Crocosmia
    cissus quadrangularis
    Milkweed asclepias
    night blooming cereus
    Texas red columbine
    callisia fragrans
    Elephant ear
    various sanseveria
    Hardy begonia
    various plectranthus
    Rose of Sharon
    walking onion
    Sago palm
    angelwing begonia
    Crinum  unknown color
    pregnant onion
    Sea oats ornamental grass
    stapelia/starfish flower
    Datura
    haworthia
    Bulbine
    pink passionvine
    Brugmansia / angel trumpet
    roseÂold pink climber
    Texas Alamo vine
    aloe vera
    Confederate rose/hibiscus mutabilis
    Butterfly iris
    var century plant
    Flag iris
    Mexican flame vine
    Lyre leaf salvia
    obedient plant/physostegia
    Lantana
    queenÂs crown vine
    Butterfly vine
    banana plants (three that are 1 foot in diameter)
    Ruellia squarrosa
    turkÂs cap

Dried birdhouse gourds
    plastic nursery pots

I think I have other things that I may bring, but they weren't right in front of my while I was making my list.

I'm looking for daylilies other than orange. Would like iris other than white. Odd salvias would be great. Other flowering plants and natives if I don't have them already. Please email me directly if you're interested in anything I have. I would love to have as many pre-arranged swaps as possible so I don't have to bring everything I have.

patty

• castro_gardener
    16 years ago

For ROSELEE :

I'm having trouble emailing you through GardenWeb, probably because of their network problems or whatever is going on. So, hopefully you get this. Is there anything on my list above that you'd be interested in ? I saw on another post for the SA swap that you also have a few Chrysler Imperials to trade. Would love to have one if we can arrange a trade. Please let me know. Or post here, since we can't get to each other's emails. I'll try to remember to come back and check for new posts.

Thank you !

(this silly system wouldn't let me post a second time !) Unless I changed the subject line. Gee !

patty

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

Hi Patty, sorry you've had a problem emailing me through GW. Sometimes it works as I have gotten mail through it.

The little Chrysler Imperial rose has your name on it (or will have in the morning :-) A pink passionvine sounds interesting if it's available, but I'm not picky and don't even have to trade. I just like to provide other gardeners with things they want if I can. I've so appreciated the pass-along plants I've received through the years.

• trsinc
    16 years ago

castro and roselee, if you haven't already managed to email each other, I can send you the other's email if everyone is in agreement.

Here's what I'll be bringing.

Rock Rose
    Ice Plant - pink
    Damianita
    Flowering Senna, yellow
    Lemon Verbena
    Dianthus, perennial pink
    Mexican Oregano
    Jerusalem Sage (gray leaved, evergreen, purple spikes in spring)
    Guara, I think, pink airy foliage
    Four Nerve Daisy
    Lemon Thyme

I'll also bring divisions of Mexican Mint Marigold, White Iris, and Ruby Grass - pink crystals.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

Patty and Tammy, y'all have some great plants to offer! I just dug and potted:

3 Fruit cocktail shrimp plants

2 small red leaf crinum bulbs

1 3 gal root bound climbing Japanese climbing fern

1 large root of tropical dutchman's pipe vine
    (mentioned on the other thread)

2 little starts of asparagus fern

1 purple cactus pad rooting in pot

Does anybody want garlic chives?

Also, it's late, but am attempting to root some Sweet almond bush stems in water.

• cestbellevie
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies!!

Here's what I'm bringing. If you are interested in any of these goodies, let me know at cestbellevie@yahoo.com

Yellow Butterfly vine-Magcagnia macropteria (4 rooted plants)
    Carolina Yellow Jasmine -1 rooted plant
    Phillippine Violet- 4 rooted plants
    Pink Rain Lilies
    Texas Everbearing fig-4 rooted cuttings
    Lemongrass
    Gregg's mist flower
    Amaryllis belladonna bulbs
    Edible Taro Plant (resembles elephant ears)
    A beautiful Magenta Cymbidium Orchid (I've had no luck with it-maybe one of you give it a good home)

Since I don't have many plants to offer, I am also bringing:
    4 Jars of homemade FIG PRESERVES
    6 Jars of homemade SATSUMA MANDARIN MARMALADE
    6 Jars of homemade MEYER LEMON MARMALADE
    homemade FLYING SAUCERS (OATMEAL COOKIES WITH DATES AND RAISIN)
    homemade BROWNIES with TEXAS PECANS

My plant wish list includes:
    Flowering Ginger of any kind
    Bunny Larkspur plant or seeds (I can't find this sold anywhere)
    Poppy seeds (double flowers or single)
    Bluebonnet seeds
    Any annuals that readily reseeds itself
    Irises any color
    Daylilies (Evergreen or Semi Evergreen)
    Angel's Trumpet (doubles) cuttings
    Hoya cuttings
    Hardy or plate size Hibiscus

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have a varigated hoya. Would you trade a greggs mist flower for a couple cuttings of the hoya?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

I am bringing a start of this vine to the swap. I just ran across the picture and thought I better put it here before I never find it again. It was purchased at Rainbow Gardens in S.A. and I'm hoping they will have another one sometime so I can get the name of it.

It's a nice vine, not overwhelmingly showy, but not aggressive either. It has little roundish shiny green leaves.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

I just saw one or two little 'chocolate plants' coming up. Anybody want one? The leaves are sort of chocolate colored and they have little purple flowers. It's a perennial that grows in the shade and nicely spreads itself around.

I still can't believe how much it rained last summer. It, and everything else, was really thick and lush.

• trsinc
    16 years ago

If anyone wants some Agarita please let me know. I'm not a fan of it, but have an area with several plants.

So, who all is coming? Not many have posted here yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Agarita

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

Thanks, Tammy, for the offer of digging up an Agarita! Lucky you having them on your property. Agarita is an interesting columnar shrub with holly like leaves and has edible fruit in the fall. I used to love to come upon one in the hill country and just stand there and eat them off the bush. I have no room here to plant one, but was tempted when my friend Lesli bought one when we were at Schumacher's a couple of weeks ago.

I will be bringing several Coral vines, or Queen's Crown as my grandmother used to call them, but properly known as Antigonon leptopus.

It's hard to think of any vine that gives so much for so little. It is perennial and forms a big root that makes it drought tolerant, can climb to the top of tall trees, blooms continuiously from early summer until frost, no disease or insect problems and butterflies and all kinds of bees; honey bees and wild bees, love it. Don't worry about the bees. I get right on top of them while taking pictures and they never pay me any mind when they are foraging.
    {{gwi:553974}}

{{gwi:445868}}

{{gwi:445866}}

• trsinc
    16 years ago

I think you've got a taker! If you have one left... greedy, me.

• Sheila
    16 years ago

Cestbellevie, I'd love some of the pink rain lillies.....do you think they'll make it rain??? LOL Also the cymbidium. I'd love to try growing/blooming it. I just bought two baby cyms a couple weeks ago, but it will be a year or two before they bloom.

Now.....I stumbled onto this thread......When & where is this swapmeet? I live about 60 mi from SA, but have oh so many plants to share. Just to name a few:

Purple Datura
    White Moon Plant
    Ornamental peppers
    Jerusalem Cherry
    Cypress Vine
    Butterfly Vine
    Texas Star Hibiscus
    Perhaps......depending on date of swap meet
    Bluebonnet Seed
    Poppy Seed
    Larkspur Seeds
    The above currently in bloom.

Please let me know date/time/place.

• trsinc
    16 years ago

April 12th at MacArthur Park in NE San Antonio. This is on the North frontage road of Loop 410.

Pavillion #1 has about 10 large tables and benches.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Info with map

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

Gran, thanks for posting! We'll look forward to seeing you!

Here is a link that might be useful: San Antonio Swap Info

• lavernialadybug
    16 years ago

I'm so excited - 2 plant swaps in April and 1 in May. I have lots of things rooted:

ice plant (pink)
    redbud plant
    tangerine cross vine
    African Violets
    Boston Fern
    Yarrow (yellow)

Lots of other things - but have to be able to start unloading the greenhouse so I can get to some of them. Also have tomato plants to share - they are in 1 gallon pots if anyone is interested.

If no one else claims the ladder, I'll take it.

Thanks.

• Sheila
    16 years ago

I also have louffa gourd seeds, they make beautiful vines, very pretty yellow blooms, then of course the louffa sponges. Also Golden Dewdrops & garlic chives plants and more that I can't come up with names (senior moment, LOL). I think I can make April 12.

Sheila :)

• castro_gardener
    16 years ago

Does anyone want:

Root beer plant
    perennial morning glory (no seeds !)
    4 oclock
    vinca
    canna musifolia
    chile pequin
    bouncing bet
    pink ice plant

I don't want to dig or pot these if there aren't any takers. If no one wants them they go in the burn pile -- if we ever get to burn brush again.

Patty

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

I got an ID on the vine with the lavender flowers (pix posted above).

It's the Lavender orchid vine (Mascagnia lilacina) related to, but not as fast growing as the yellow flowered butterfly vine. A native of Mexico, it's a moderate grower with twining stems.

I have about three little starts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mascagnia lilacina on Dave's Garden

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

So sorry Lavernialady :-( My hubby already sawed up the ladder and the trash men took it.

Well, we have a lot of good stuff that's being offered for the swap. I went ahead and potted up a couple of chocolate plants. Hope there are some takers.

• chiang
    16 years ago

Hello trsinc,

I'd really like a rock rose.

I posted my list in 'April 12th San Antonio Swap' thread; hope you can find something you want to take home there.

Julie

• trsinc
    16 years ago

Julie,

I'll bring you the rock rose if any survive. They are not looking good at all and I've been told they are really hard to root. So, keep your fingers crossed. See you there. :)

Tammy

• trsinc
    16 years ago

Patty, If you prefer to dig rather than burn then please bring me some chile pequin and 4 o'clocks. If it's too much trouble in the end, then don't worry about it.

Thanks! Tammy

• chiang
    16 years ago

I don't mind its appearance, Tammy, I'll give it a try.
    Thanks!

• cestbellevie
    16 years ago

Hi All,

Does anyone want rooted plants of PURPLE POTATOES? Hubby loves purple potatoes in curries and beef stews, so I gave it a try out in the garden. Have way too many plants that took. By the end of this season, hubby should be turning purple too......... :)

• chiang
    16 years ago

Hi all,

This is the 'step stone', 7" x 10".
    It is actually a wall decoration, but I've been using it as a step stone.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

That's a wonderful piece, Julie! You mentioned it on the other S.A. Swap thread. Are you offering it for a trade? You should get your pick of just about anything with that :-)

• lavernialadybug
    16 years ago

Purple Potato Ceste-sounds interesting!! I'm all for different. Our MG group went to the SA Botanital Garden today. Forgot how beautiful it is and so many interesting plants!! A plant nut like me could go even crazier than normal.

• phoenix7801
    16 years ago

okie doke...Ive decided that ill be at the swap also....so this is what I have:

Double purple datura(datura metel)
    Worm Castings
    rabbit poo
    Lace cactus
    Ill probably have more but I have to look at what I got

• Rosetx
    16 years ago

Big thanks to Patty for helping me find this thread for the SA Swap.

Roselee, I would love some purple cactus pad and tropical dutchman's pipe vine, and possibly some lavender orchid vine if you have enough. If not, that's okay.

Granniek,
    You don't know how long I have been looking for loofah seeds. I would really like some, and maybe some cypress vine.
    Pheonix7801,
    Worm castings and rabbit poo would just make my day. I am just starting out with worms, and I hear they love rabbit poo.
    Thanks!

Below is my list of haves:

Bulbine (yellow)
    Bulbine (orange)
    squill
    night blooming cereus (white)
    Jewel of Opar (lime green)
    Canna (red)
    Canna (yellow with orange spots)
    Canna (dark kind of bronze)
    Louisiana iris (yellow)
    Garlic (culinary)Plants are about a foot tall.
    Garlic (society)
    Aloe saponaria
    Papaya ( it didn't do too well in the greenhouse. It's just a stalk, but it's got some green buds on it.
    fatsia japonica seeds (if I can get them cleaned.)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

Rosetx, I'm bringing several lavender orchid vines so will put "Rosetx" on one of them to make sure you get it.

I had only one tropical pipe vine and it is spoken for, but I noticed that Rainbow Garden's has them for sale.

Will try to harvest another purple cactus pad for you. My mother plant got top heavy and blew over in the wind and I threw those toppled parts away.

• chiang
    16 years ago

Hi roselee,

Hope you are interested in the step stone, because I am interested in your small evergreen agaves. it can make a good Christmas gift for my children's teachers, and a good silent auction item for their school :-)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

Julie, I'm interested, but I just hate to see you give up your stepping stone! I have four or five of the little guys and you can have them all.

• chiang
    16 years ago

You can have the stepping stone, I'll survive without it :-)
    Seriously I want to give it away.
    Thanks roselee.

• castro_gardener
    16 years ago

Phoenix, I was going to send you an email directly, but you didn't have your email on your member page, so I hope you see this. So glad you're joining us for the swap. The more the merrier. Truly !

I would love some rabbit poo -- please check my list above for something I could swap for this. Do we need to bring our own containers to put it in ?

Thank you !

patty

• Rosetx
    16 years ago

If anyone has any oakleaf hydrangea, I would love a couple. A couple of my friends are looking for some.
    Thanks.
    Rose

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have a couple root cuttings that you are welcome to. I just dug them about 5 weeks ago, so can't be sure they will take.

• chiang
    16 years ago

rosetx, I have two pink Bigleaf Hydrangeas. Let me know if your friends want any.

Tammy. I sent you an email. Please check your yahoo account. Thanks.

Julie

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

Julie, Tammy's computer is down. I don't know if she will have access to her email before the swap.

• chiang
    16 years ago

OK. Thanks roselee. Guess I'll just see you guys at the swap.

• Rosetx
    16 years ago

Kathy and Julie, thanks a bunch! See you there.

• cannabeth
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I'll be there but not sure what I'm bringing yet, so it will have to be a surprise. Also bringing pasta salad, plates & forks.
    See you on Saturday!

Beth

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am so glad you will be able to make it.

• castro_gardener
    16 years ago

Kathy, I know you mentioned somewhere that we should bring our own plates/utensils and drinks, but I saw someone volunteer to bring some paper products, and I'll be bringing a few sodas and water.

See you all there for a nice lunch, great conversation, friendly faces, and of course.... lots of unique plants !

patty

• Sheila
    16 years ago

Purple potatoes, do you mean SWEET potatoess? If so, yes, yes, yes! I've been trying to find purple sweet potato slips for years.

I dug a gorgeous blue iris and I have a red day lily that I'll trade for the cymbidium & the rain lillies. I'll have to get your mailing address & I'll send you the larkspur, poppy & bluebonnet seed in a few weeks when I harvest them.

• Sheila
    16 years ago

RoseTx, I'll have you some loofa (complete with the sponge) and also the cypress vine plants.,

I'd love to try your yellow bulbine and the yellow iris too if they are still available. I love yellow blooms!

I'll be at the park early. I also have to leave early and won't be able to stay for lunch (I'm sure I'll regret this!!!). We've a prior commitment for a 'b'day party at 3:00 in the afternoon. I must get home for rest, shower & change before on to the party.

See you Saturday.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County