SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeshwant91

Help! I need something for privacy

yeshwant91
18 years ago

Our neighbors have built an ugly 2nd floor extension to their house, adjacent to the property line. It even has a window that looks into our yard and house. These are townhouses, so there is no separation between the sides of the houses. I would like to find a vine that will cling onto the rough wall of their extension and cover as much of the structure and the window that is adjacent to our property. Something that grows thick. They have no access to the side of the extension facing our property, hence, they won't see the vine or be able to easily remove it, except what they can hack at from the window. I am also thinking about how I can support the vine. I cannot nail supports into the side of their extension facing our property, but was thinking of maybe running wires parallel to it from the 2nd floor window of our house to the property line. Would these be strong enough for support? Ideally, I would like something that would sort of support itself and cling to their wall. I ordered Passiflora incense and incarnata (maypop) earlier this year. Are these good enough?

Comments (3)