SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrissy752001

You won't believe this silly mistake!

18 years ago

Me and the hubby saw earthboxes at the flower show this a couple months back. We couldn't afford them so I am making some homemade ones to do veggies with the kids/hubby. I ran to the store today with my 6 year old with a list of needed materials. I have a whole convo with the 6 year old about needing 3 cups of fertilizer that was organic for the veggies and we selected a bag.

It just dawned on me that I have the BEST organic fertilizer in the whole world sitting on my back porch! A whole HUGE 18gal container full of worms long LONG (like haven't sorted since last august) overdue to be harvested!

Guess what I'll be taking back to the store tomorrow! *Cackles gleefully* no way their product is as good as the stuff produced by that fun experiment me and the 6 year old started 2 years back... won't the 6 year old be proud when I remind her that her pets make better stuff then the store.

P.S. It was this board we got this idea from and last year we had some fantastic plants after adding castings to the flowers.. we just sprinkled some in the holes before transplanting seedlings! WOWSERS what growth! Thanks to all of you who help share info!

Comments (6)