SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbnick

Asparagus, Onions, Cabbage, etc are in, finally some progress, a

greenthumbnick
16 years ago

Well I think Im finally caught up to where I think I should be at this point. My onions have been in a week. My cabbage transplants are in, spinach, carrots, radishes, lettuce, turnips, kholrabi have been seeded and some of that is already sprouting thanks to the warm weather we've had this past week.

I got my asparagus roots and strawberry plants from Simmons Plant farm yesterday morning. Got the asparagus planted. Thank god this stuff lasts years, there's no way I would do all that work every year for asparagus.

My strawberries are going in in the morning. I am a little concerned. There appears to be what looks like mold on the strawberries. Click on the picture and you'll see it, looks white and fuzzy.

{{gwi:1338289}}

Here are the rest of the pictures. Click on them to enlarge.

{{gwi:1338290}} {{gwi:1338291}} {{gwi:1338292}} {{gwi:1338293}}

Oh, and a little gripe about Simmons Plant Farm to those who are thinking of ordering from them. There's the possible mold on that one bunch of strawberries. On the other one I ordered, theres a spot that looks a little slimey. And to top it off, one of the two bunches they sent was not what I ordered. Luckily it will do fine in my area, so I didnt call and complain. I get very pissed at poor service so I just let it alone to save my nerves. What do you pros think of my mold issue. It is really mold, and is it cause for concern?

Thanks.

Comment (1)