SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wisconsworm

coffee grounds in new bin

wisconsworm
16 years ago

Okay, please tell me I didn't just kill two pounds of worms. I started my bin about 2 weeks before I got the worms. I got them today.

Anyway, I think I over did it on coffee grounds. I nabbed a bag of grounds from Starbucks and dumped it on top of other food scraps and bedding. This was a week ago.

I didn't realize how much coffee grounds I poured in there last week. At least 2 or 3 inches. The whole basement smells like stale coffee. By the time I started to worry, I had already dumped all the worms in there.

The worms don't want to stay down either. They were trying to escape. I wasn't sure if it was because they don't like coffee or because it was too dry... felt kind of dry to me... anyway, I dumped a bucket of water on the whole mess. There are drainage holes in the thing after all. Well... now I don't know what to do. There are worms coming out from every nook and cranny of the bedding. I don't think they liked the water.

The bin is siting in the basement under a light bulb. I don't want those buggers to escape. I hope they stay in the bin, I know they don't like light.

Anyway.... HELP!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional