SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelser01_gw

Bin set up and best foods

kelser01
16 years ago

Well Im starting my bin to help recycle my kitchen waste. But if certain foods are better for them, especially in the beginning, I would be totally open to eating them more to have them as scraps for the little guys. So what do you think would be the best foods for the first month or so? I had some fresh spinach leaves from a salad that got a bit too old that Ive been saving and some misc scraps of tomato and very small potato peels that Ive had set aside for 4-5 days. I could easily freeze it and save it for later on.

Also, I thought cardboard was a good bedding option, but recently Ive been 2nd guessing myself. I dont get the newspaper so I dont have much to shred for bedding just the weekly grocery store junk mail and I found that the office paper clumps really bad when I "dunked" it in water before adding it to the bin. I have a easy supply of cardboard and office copy paper, the newspaper I can seek out but I haven't found a source yet. Is that something I should work on? Or would a mostly cardboard some copy paper mix be ok? I really want ideal items to start, give myself less room to botch it up :)

Comments (2)