SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Some of the things I'm enjoying ...

I think we can all agree that the last two summers have been challenging in keeping our gardens alive. Forget trying to make it spectacular (not that mine ever is!) -- it's about whether anything going to live! I water-water-water and still nothing looks good.

But now that the fall rains have arrived I am amazed at how the garden rebounds, and rebounds way beyond expectations.

But it's not the garden as a whole I enjoy the most. It's the small things that make up the garden, like the rich green rippley foliage of the cannas that were planted from seed this spring ...

And the white-turning-pink bougainvillea I treated myself with after vowing not to buy any more 'expensive' plants, but it WAS on sale :-)

Plus the old favorite thyralis rewarding me with a fresh burst of bloom ....

Ditto almond verbena which flushes all summer scenting the whole yard puts on it's biggest flush to date ...

The desert plants on the deck backed up by pink trumpet vine and bougainvillea ...

Tropical alocasias by the front door not being bothered by the heat ...

Seeing that the strawberry pot fared well through the summer. The succulent pot didn't do so well. Many of the plants couldn't take the full blazing sun. Not sure if I underwated or overwatered them ...

You might not notice it, but I love the way the coral vine rushes to the top of the tallest trees even with so little water. See the 'red' one on the right, which is really just a darker pink ...

Laughing at the antics of the fur babies as they romp and run ...

And how did your garden fare?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!