SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Summer whites ...

I was looking around early this morning as I strolled the garden coffee cup in hand and thinking how much I enjoy the whites in my garden.

The showiest whites right now are the Philippine lilies from which you can catch a nice fragrance if you're downwind ...

The white orchid tree has been blooming for weeks and have a few more weeks to go. The flowers are as big as my hand, but last only a day to be followed by another bud opening from the cluster. It's more of a shrub with a graceful wide spread than a tree ...

It's hard to get a good photo of Acoma crape myrtles white blooms ...

My friend and neighbor Georgianne gave me this Bridal veil wandering jew. She says it's easy to pull out where you don't want it. So far I'm really enjoying its refreshing green color and dainty white blooms. We'll see by fall if I'm sorry I planted it ...

The white strawberry pot planted with moss rose is putting on a show ...

Not quite faded all the way to white, but close enough is dew covered Morden blush leaning towards equally dew decorated Fanick's phlox ...

Perhaps the statue will qualify as a white, but what I really wanted to show you is the Hopi red amaranth in the foreground that makes such a nice summer addition to the garden. Jolana gave me the seeds for which I'll ever be grateful ...

Here's another photo of it. Also am happy to announce that I found a replacement glass globe for the little bird garden ornament that got broken ...

Ending with a photo of my constant garden companion, Sport. He qualifies as white -- right? :-)

Comments (15)