SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmhausman

Yard Update 10/5/10

hmhausman
13 years ago

Not all that much going on, but due for an update. Here is the Wison "allegedly" seedless Guanabana which had major limb die back from the freeze but is still alive and kicking and just putting on its first post-freeze bloom.

The blooms on it, several of which I have tried hand plloinating in a desperate attempt to get fruit and prove the theory of seedlessness after 15 years.

Choquette avocado

Yellow dragon fruit

Ross sapote

Dang Rasimi jakfruit....one of which is ripe. I'll open it tonight and supplement with pictures.

Bloom on Mammea americana....mammee apple

Mia 1 jakfruit

Rien Bhat jakfruit

Possum Trot carambola

Phalsa seedlings

Pulasan seedling

More Pulasan seedlings

Rambutan seedlings

Langsat seedlings

Mangosteen seedlings

Rambutan seedling

Imam Pasand mango (left) and Pineiro mango (right)

Jujube in flower....but yet to set any fruit.

Sri Kembangan carambolas

Zebda mango...a trade from one of our forum mates......which arrived in rough shape and is making a nice come back.

Simmonds avocado

Goldfinger banana (FHIA 1)

Brazilian Tall banana

Triumph Persimmon.....my neighbor's

Falang mango....skipped blooming this year as the result of the cold, but put on over a foot of growth. Still a squat little sucker for 16 years old.

Fruit from seedling avocado tree......see thread about "Seedlings" for a further explanation.

Assorted dragon fruit in 30 foot silk oak tree. Only a few blooms this year so far. No fruit set.

Monstera deliciosa

Orchid in ficus tree.....blooming at its usual annual time.

Grafted Kai maprang (left), Illama "Fairchild" (center), and Ivory mango (right)

Monroe avocado

Comments (49)