SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
penny1947_gw

I am at my Wit's End!

penny1947
14 years ago

On Monday one of my 12-19 inch tall Salvia greggiis was chomped off to within about an inch of the base of the plant. On Tuesday my 4 year old Snapdragen had one section of stems and leaves chomped off. On Wednesday my Dicliptera suberecta that is 2ft tall and in a pot wedged behind a boulder in a protected corner of the bed in front of the house had every stem and leaf chew off except for the main stem which is now completely bare except for the stubs where stems used to be. Today half of my 4 yr oold Helleborus suffered the same fate and all the leaves and stems of the Heleborus were in the enclosed area behind the boulder in the front bed.

The plants aren't being eaten but drug to a secluded corner next to the foundation of the house or in the little overhand between the diding and the foundation. There is fencing all around the bed where the snapdragon is. I know it isn't deer because they wouldn't eat the salvia greggii nor the helleborus and they couldn't get to the tiny space behind the boulder in front or under the siding in the corners where the leaves are being stashed. It isn't a rabbit and even though I thought it was a vole at first, a vole couldn't get these huge helleborus leaves and stems over the boulder and behind it in the corner .

Doues anyone have any idea what is chewing off these plants? I am beside myself.

Penny

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES