SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

What's blooming in Feb. including out of this world exotics ;-)

It's really been surprising to notice what's blooming in this mild winter including some 'exotics' that I bet you never saw before. Move over Kathy! Just kidding! Kathy showed us some wonderful pictures of what's blooming in her yard on the main forum and I can't even start to beat that!

First is the lushiously perfumed Evening scented stock with Arugula in the back. I love Arugula for it's long winter and spring bloom period of dainty white flowers as well as it's pungent taste in salads ...

I guess everybody has Red Shrimp plant blooming in this part of the country ...

I wanted to show the Fruit cocktail shrimp for the people coming to the S. A. Swap since I'll have some available ...

Pink trumpet vine still has several clusters ...

Not a flower, but Nandina berries and red winter foliage add a lot to the landscape ...

I took the camera to church to photograph the Lantana, but these two characters got into the best picture of them. That's Don, a friend, and some gal, but how about those Lantanas?!

Four nerve Daisy from the plant swap last year (thanks Tammy!) and Sport, my new miniature poodle pup who got into the act ...

Now we get to the exotics! How about this daffydil? It NEVER fails to add color to the landscape ALL year.

NASA isn't telling that they brought back lilies from Mars. Thankfully I have a friend that works there and slipped me these seeds. Beautiful and EVER blooming to boot!

This one is from the back side of the moon. NASA never has told us that it is lush with vegetation, but this flower proves it!

Yeah right! Well, you know I've been playing with you about the exotics, kinda' like these guys, Max (10 yr. old Basenji/Rat terrier mix) and Sport are doing -- just having fun ...

There's a few more winter flowers including the very fragrant Winter honeysuckle and Sweet olive, also soap aloes, blackfoot daisies, some of the succulents, etc. but this is enough pictures for now.

Hope you enjoyed the fun of the 'out of this world' flowers!

Happy outer space gardening!

Comments (9)