SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
qbirdy

Farmers Markets- tis the season! :)

qbirdy
18 years ago

Well, spring has finally decided it will stay! I can't belive its so nice out and is only May 17. Sure, still a chance of frost, but we can all hope against it! Time to get planting!

Its also time for the local farmers markets to start opening!

The CNY Regional Market (in Syracuse) is open on Saturday and Sunday weekly. I can't wait to go, I'm worse than a little kid!

I try to go on Saturdays. I love it, there are tons of people and you can find almost anykind of plant or veggie you want there. I try to get there sorta early, I think it opens at 7am and closes by 2, I want to be there by 9:30. Normally the parking lot is packed, nobody watches where they are walking, and I usually end up rubber-necking to see what people are buying or selling as I drive through. I'm also not shy about asking "Where did you buy that!" if I see someone walking by with a plant I would love, lol! Its worse when I'm a passenger and I have to demand Chris stop the car so I can check something out, heehee! Sometimes you can get some great deals on plants and flowers. Its also fun to watch people haggle.

Any other good markets to go to? Some of the other small farmers markets should be coming open too!

Comments (16)