SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudplayingfamilysmom

Queen of the Month - Part Trois

Heehee! Poochey Woochey, I did it - started a new thread!

Good Queen Deni, Matriarch of all the month of June, my goal was to mail my homage mid-month because during my own reign a couple of wonderful packages arrived to start the month with a bang. Then there was a long pause and a couple of more came mid-month. During the last days and first days of June, they arrived more quickly than I could find posting time. Thought I would ease your load by sending mid-month when things tend to be the most quiet. Perhaps it did not work that way because your month seems to be rather quiet....SO FAR.

Be prepared. Be well prepared. Mud...Mom is trying to knock your socks off and contribute well toward making your reign fantastic. I had 5 boxes which I wanted to get out today. That didn't happen. YOUR box took me the entire day to pack. That includes the time of gathering the plants I had already decided must be sent to you. I was *adorable* out there in the rain, covered in mud, dividing plants.

Alas and Alack, the crown did not find its way into the Kingdom of May; thus, I had no crown to send to you. In recompense, you shall find an entire THRONE packaged in your box. (What? You don't believe me? Well, maybe it's just like the Emperor's clothes which must be believed in order to be *seen*.) At any rate, the box in which the entire assortment is packaged, was, appropriately, originally filled w/throne *accessories*. I expect you to get a very good laugh when it arrives and you comprehend the meaning of those words. After the laugh, I wish to smile continuously as you discover the array of goodies within, which really were selected for you. Have care, Dear Queen, for many odd bits are tucked into nooks and crannies. Some things may appear to be packing material, but hidden within are tiny treasures. *Eggs* are not eggs. *Tea* is not tea. One pack of seeds may slide into papers unseen. Use your delicate Queenly sense of treasure hunting and enjoy, Enjoy, ENJOY!

It should arrive by Wednesday & has confirmation & insurance. If anything has gone awry, let that insurance cover it. At $16.70 for such a short distance mailing, they should deliver it in perfect condition. A queen should accept nothing less than perfection.

Comments (101)

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Yes, Jeanette it is! That's where the two stars and a ? mark belonged. Last heard from Angel was up to her wings in boxes from a move. Jeanette, I hope you are better at unpacking than I am. Moved into this house 12 years ago at the end of this month. While the kiddos were gone I worked on boxes that STILL hadn't been unpacked. Found my long lost photocopy of original birth certificate that shows where the typo in my name was erased, my baptismal records, and my certificates from Bible School and my confirmation certificate. Birth certs. used to be typed in triplicate w/carbon paper. The top copy went to parents. Bottom copies went to Vital Statistics. Typist didn't correct the carbons. In later years it can be very difficult to get a certified copy when they have you filed under a name that is not yours. If I can ever get back to delving through those boxes, I may even eventually find my original Soc. Security card. The way my records vanish, I sometimes wonder if I really do exist. Hope you were a wiser packer/unpacker than I was and that you have been able to unpack the important things.

Weather here tonight is down to the mid-80's and humidity has dropped down to 79%. Feels much more comfortable. I should be outside gardening under the street lamp.

• leann2800
    18 years ago

I received a package from Mudmom yesterday. She wrote me a wonderful letter full of package information,news from her kingdom, and the proper homage due a Queen from her loyal servants. I giggled so much when I read it, my spouse had to read it just to make sure what it said. Since he is not into gardening or this Queen swap, he didn't get why I was giggling and he thinks I'm a loon. But, he did get that he was pretty much going to be ignored for a few hours while I played with my package.

Ofcourse, I changed my mind about the whole decorating thing. I played with the stuff in my box instead. I would have posted last night. But, my kid hogged the computer. He has his very first girlfriend so he spent all last night looking at her photo, chatting online, and giggling with his cousin. I didn't have the heart to interrupt him. I was too busy giggling myself.

Mr. Frog is perfect! I love him. I am terribly sorry your kids and I both could not have him. He is too cute. The Gazania looks just right there in his froggie pouch. He is currently the butler outside my sunroom. He is standing at the entrance greeting folks and then if we get high winds, I'll bring him in.

I am building another raised bed back in the swap. The begonia is a candidate for the bed or the sunroom. It rained last night so, I did not get to find a place for it then. But, I will find a home for it today. I'll let you know when I decide.

I let the giggling children share the candy with me. The bug magnifying glass I will share with the 8 yr old because he is most likely to use it. The Fit and Active will be perfect to snack on when I come in from the hot sun for a minute or two from gardening. I need to weed some today so I am sure I'll be eating that today.

I really really needed the bath spa equipment you sent. My skin is getting weathered from going outside so much. I dropped my old pumice stone and broke it and it is way too hard to hold on to. So, now I can throw the old one away. There's so much stuff in that spa package, its going to take me several baths to break it in. But, I think I am up to the challenge. I foresee many many long baths. :)

Thanks so much Mudmom! You're too wonderful. You definately made me feel like a Queen.

Lucky, Lucky me!!! July will surely be a month for me to remember.

It's good to be Queen!
    Leann

• Related Discussions

Please Help identify old Troy-bilt tiller

Q

Comments (71)
    Have troy built pony from 78 to 81 era. The motor been replace by Honda ge 160. The transmission pulley is sloppy the bolt is tight. You can move it around by hand. What is missing? A key , bearing? Serial number 118349 stamp on transmission frame. Other numbers 20512CT. 8F2 24/82. Tring to find Manuel and parts list.
    ...See More

Has The Dust Settled - Does Troy-Bilt Rule?

Q

Comments (16)
    Troy-bilt Used to be the very best tiller you could buy. Right up until the time they went bankrupt. MTD bought the out just as they have with the names Bolens, Yardman, white, cub cadet, and others. MTD specializes in mass marketing the least expensive equipment that can be built. They have put these formerly quality names on theie cheap junk. The Two Top end models of Troybilt tillers and for the most part, really like the older troybilt. These sell for at least $2000. ANything less expensive new now with the troy-bilt name is not really a troybilt. The Snapper and Simplicty Tillers are sold exclusively through Authorized servicing dealers. They are identical now since Briggs and Stratton bought both companies. You can find the cheap troy-bilt MTD junk in nearly every Big box store or hardware chain store on the planet... I would never by a piece of power equipment in a box from a non servicing dealer, accept on e that had been put together as the same guy that assembles the gas grills. They need ot be adjusted per spec, and adjusted with a digial tachomter Since Briggs owns both companies, I expect that they will follow the same policy on supply part for the tillers as they do for their engine parts.
    ...See More

Troy Bilt Horse discontinued part help

Q

Comments (5)
    4-25-2019 Hi...I just had the same problem. I am replying to your comment several years later! These parts are no longer manufactured. However, don't fret, there is/are current replacements! I spoke to tech support at troy bilt and they have informed me that the same wiring harnesses that are on the brand new troy bilt Horse tillers...can be used on the old ones. They just have different part numbers: Old Part # 2551......New part #: 72504367 -Engine grounding harness Old Part # 2552.....New part #: 72504368 -Handlebar harness The 2 new harnesses have a different connector that connects them together. That's the only difference between the old harnesses and the new ones. Because of this, you will need to purchase BOTH harnesses...since the old connectors and the new connectors are different. The connector to the presence control handlebar safety handles is identical on both old and new harnesses...so you don't need to replace the safety handles too.
    ...See More

Queen of the Month- Part Deux

Q

Comments (100)
    Greetings once again from the Queen of May. The Good Queen Mother, Queen of March, AKA Treesa, sends her Tidings of Welcome to Deni, Queen of June. Her Highness bids you a most wonderfully enjoyable month and regrets that she is unable to post her welcome message herself because she also is suffering from computer difficulties which prevent the site pages from loading. In her letter to me she related how her beautiful backyard has become a pond, thanks to what seemed like endless rain through our dear state of SC. We were treated by Mother Nature to a straight week of rain before our annual steam cooker summer heat really kicked in. On the positive side, those rains eliminated the need to water potted plants three times daily. A week's break from that was welcomed, though it did not allow any much needed planting to be accomplished. The Queen of May still owes Thank You notes to the Queens mentioned in her previous post. She is still in a whirlwind of kid shuttling and limited in her computer time. She has not forgotten any of you.
    ...See More
  • MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Queen of July, I am so happy that you posted. I shipped 4 packages that day & am the type who gets very antsy hoping they arrive safely. Was on the computer until well after midnight hoping someone would post to say her package arrived. You are the first to post. That makes you a GOOD Queen. Did it take you hours to unpack? Ever since Carol informed me that she received a box of plants mixed in loose dirt, I have invested more strongly than ever in supporting companies which make tape. I support them through purchases and use, not stocks.

Glad you liked the frog. He is not just a butler, but a secret protector of plants against moles and gophers. Is also a kid magnet. All of us here enjoy crazy garden sculptures.

Do not wear out the bath spa items too quickly. Three children in the house will bring you much joy. It will also bring you times when your greatest need is to relax and have time alone. I find the one place where that can be acheived is in the bathroom. Doesn't stop people from banging on the throne room door for attention, but at least it is some time recuperate and be in one's own world for awhile.

I read on another thread last night that your new princess likes frogs. That is good news, since she is expected to kiss this one.

When the candy is empty, the crayon still works.

Am extra happy that my package arrived there on a day all by itself. My goal isn't to necessarily be first, but to fill in gaps before the end-of-the-month rush.

Your reign is now completely official. It is July; you have made proclamations; you have have received your first homage; and you have acknowledged receipt. Long live Queen Leann!!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I think I may have posted on the wrong thread, or didn'tpost
    so here goes again, our queen mum seems to be mia. I ask you all to vote on making muddy queen mum. she is doing a fine job of handling things for us. please vote. I start with a yes.We need at least 6 then queen Leann can make it so, with a royal proclamation

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

Veeja~ I second your vote for Muddymom to be Queen Mum. She is doing a fabulous job of keeping things organized in Treesa's absence.

Muddymom~ I don't mind being bumped to November at all. Actually, I was kinda hoping that would happen somehow.... I am expecting a baby in November so not having to worry about getting a package out will be one less thing for me to have to do while very pregnant/toting a newborn. Also, I did send out a package to Deni but she hasn't posted that she received it. Hopefully, it arrived safely and I just haven't heard because she is having computer problems.

• cassiet
    18 years ago

Make my vote 3 for Muddy Mom... where is Treesa by the way. If I read it along the way I have forgotten

Cassie

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The Queen Mum was having computer difficulties. Last heard from, she was headed to Greenville to care for her own mother who was undergoing bypass surgery. Life complications have been in the way of her participating the past months.

Queen of May, Mud...Mom, will vote for herself to continue attempting to maintain order in the realm. She refuses to take responsibility for the computer breakdown epidemic which seems to correspond with queendom.

You can email me about whether I can clear up that ? mark for June. Queen of June's puter also became finicky at the end of her month & not all thank you's were able to be posted.

Does anyone else need addresses for Queen of July, Leann?

• Poochella
    18 years ago

I cast my vote for Mud Mom too, but do hope Treesa and daughter Heather, former Queens, both come back to participate and you can duke it out for Queen Mumhood then.
    Hope their Mom and Grandma is recovering. I have been stunned by how fast people can rebound from open heart surgery- up and at 'em in days. It just isn't nice to have a hacksaw taken to your breast bone, but people can do amazingly well. Now a computer is a completely different story! There have been times when I'd have liked to take a sharp pointy tool to this machine.

LunaMoon- Congratulations are in order on your baby. I vote for a girl!

• cassiet
    18 years ago

I need the address for Queen Leann!!! Also my package for Queen Deni has finally left the realm... after many false starts and hold ups...

Cassie

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No, Annie, no duking it out here. I am a proponent of nonviolence and will joyfully relinquish all duties, except for title of Queen of May, whenever Queen Treesa is once again able to be active. Would much rather have Treesa and Heather active than to be Acting Queen Mum.

LunaMoon, I, too, vote for a girl. Everyone I know keeps having boys. Girls are more fun to dress and they don't sprinkle you w/"rainbows" when changing diapers.

• leann2800
    18 years ago

I vote for a girl too. My kingdom has a majority male population. Thats one of the reasons I will be adopting...more females please.
    My dad and boss recovered really quick from their bypass surgery. Less than a month for both, I believe it was. It is remarkable how soon they were back and on their feet after something like that.
    How many votes is that ? 5 now? And we need 6 and then I proclaim it so? Or would mine be six?
    At any rate, I am sure Treesa and Heather have a lot going on. I know I did with my Daddy's surgery we did. So, I vote for MudMom to be Acting Queen Mum and till Queen Mum is again feeling royal.

Leann

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Thats six now all we need is the queen to make a royal declaration. with a hear ye, hear ye, please

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have a message from Queen Treesa. Things have not gone well for her mother and she is now slowly recuperating. Treesa would like to send her greetHello Dianna,
    I am on my Dads computer right now it is the first time in months it seems. Just an update on everything..... My Mom finally came home from the hospital after a month, and now I am staying with my parents in Greenville until I don't know when. Things sure have changed in my life, my mom is not able to care for herself during the open heart surgery she had a stroke and it has just messed her all up, she can talk but not very well, and can't seem to figure out how to do any thing for herself. She stays so frustrated all the time. And my Dad can't care for her all by himself. He is just not able to do it.
    So I am here and will be until we all figure out another plan. I sure do miss all of you guys!!!!! Please tell everyone else that for me will you? I am not able to get on Dads pc very much, this is a rare occasion for me. I am just too busy with everything during the day and then I am too tired at night.
    Will you please take over for me? I FEEL SO TERRIBLE about all this.
    As far as Heather goes I know she got your package and she loved it all the plants were in good shape and the butterfly bush even had a bloom on it and the plant stand was very nice also. I can't remember everything else that she said was in the box but I know she was real happy about it. And I have NO idea why she hasn't gotten back to you and THANKED you for it all. I am very sorry for that.
    I hope everything is going well for you and your family, hows your garden? WHen I left my house everything was doing wonderful, I just hope it will be that way when I get back home.
    Dianna, Thank you for everything...
    Please tell everyone I miss them on the GW ok?
    I will try to write to you again sometime.
    Thanks again!!!!!!! Treesa"

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Grandma in waiting has room ready, plastic under area rug papers down when pups start moving, ok proclaim away even treesa votes for m&m to be queen mum big mama her room

• leann2800
    18 years ago

Okay here it is:

Whereas We have taken into Our Royal Consideration the extensive and valuable services of the Queen Mum Treesa, and being desirous that our loving Subjects, as well of our Garden Kingdom, We have thought fit, with the Advice of our Privy Council. to issue this our Royal Proclamation, hereby to publish and declare to all our loving Subjects, that we have, with the Advice of our Said Privy Council, granted our Letters Patent, under our Great Seal of Mother Nature, to erect, within the Gardenweb Queen Community ceded and confirmed a new Queen Mum MudPlayingFamilysMom ...this 11th day of July in the year of Our Lord 2005.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

And God Bless Queen Treesa and her family in their time of need.

leann2800,
    her Royal Majesty
    Queen of July

• Poochella
    18 years ago

HOLY MACKEREL- That was really royal, really!
    You get a velvet crown for that effort LeAnn!
    Beautiful decree, really regal. Right on Queenie! LOL

Your humble servant and crown photo poster: Poochella
    {{gwi:1242876}}

Veeja, your mama dog looks so ready! Remember we need puppy photos- I'll make Leann Decree it if I can.

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Queen of July, I do believe you have spent the past 4 months practicing, awaiting your opportunity to issue decrees. Seems as if you have been preparing for years. Good Queen Poochella is surely delighted to have a queen who so adeptly issues decrees w/such flowery, royal wording. I am sure she is taking notes in preparation for her own reign.

Carol, who is more ready for these puppies, the mama or the grandmama? Looks like a lot of puppy. Do you have a picture of our Queen Leann?

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I am ready, I am amazed at our queens proclamation, great job, how will the rest of us measure up?I will go now and hunt for a picture of queen leann.

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Taking notes? I'm here with my jaw agape. I'm still googling "Privy Council" and marveling at each and every syllable her highness and formidable decree-er Leann cast forth. Leann, you rule, as they say! LOL Your kids are going to have a wonderful home with your twisty tongue and towering talents with the royal word, your Highness cannot help but be Queen of the roost.

now, back to privy council....I've got to get to the bottom of this...

MudMom, thanks for herding us as the Queen Mum and for relaying Treesa's message. Life isn't as we hope sometimes and I decree my wishes for a quick return to normal for Treesa's family, one and all.

• leann2800
    18 years ago

Thank y'all. Normally, my proclamations come with a southern drawl and a twang or two. But, for you guys...this month... I'll make an exception.

:) Leann

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Here is gift one a picture of queen leann real gift should arrive today, sorry no plants all mine are in full bloom and not diggable. hope you like your giftsI am still waiting for pups

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wow! Leann, you are one gorgeous queen!

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday to our wonderful Queen of September - Carol!!! (aka Veeja) Hope you are having a fantastic day!

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Yes! Happy Birthday Veeja- hope you've had a most enjoyable day and a great year to follow!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I had a wonderfull bday, got my squirrel feeder it is outside my computer window. This mornig had 2 babies and an older one, all playing and eating. Queen Leann, was my gift bad? I haven't heard you got it, but delivery confirmation says yes, I like muddy mom enjoy hearing my pkg has arrived. no puppies yet, I think she may explode. thankyou everyone for the wonderfull b day wishes, I saved them all

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh, no, Carol, if she explodes, they won't be puppies. They'd be POPpies!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Still waiting for popies

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Oh no--who did I miss--hope I didn't send anyone a box of unmentionables or pots and pans--boxes all look the same when taped!!!! Someone help me out here!! AND I don't have a addy for Queen of July--did I get one for the Queen of June?? I am confused and right now it doesn't take much!!
    Welcome to MuddyMom as our fearless leader--good choice all!
    I will be watching for an email--
    Jeanette

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

Queen Leann's package is all boxed up and ready to be mailed tomorrow morning.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Here is todays pic of my pop pies any guesses on number of pups?

• Poochella
    18 years ago

That poor dog! My guess is 3 and if I'm right will you name one Poochella? I hope she does okay, and you too PuppyGrandma.

• leann2800
    18 years ago

Please excuse me for not posting earlier. My husband decided to take me and the family out of town to the beach for a surprise. It was such a surprise. I did not even pack. We just went and then he decided to stay . While, he remembered my deodorant and toothbrush, bless him. He did bring me any bra or panties for day two. That would have been good and all if it had been just the two of us but we had three kids! We had to improvise a good deal.
    We did have a wonderful time, the kids exhausted themselves sleeping, and I am burnt ofcourse. I used spf 45 three times and I still burned.At any rate, that is my lame excuse for not posting. All spontaneous trips in the future will have to be accompanied by a laptop and lingerie.

Veeja, I loved your package! I did not even know there was a bubble bath scented daffodil. That is too neat. I used to have a reoccuring (good) dream when I was younger about daffodils and thick grass. So, daffodils have a special meaning to me. I am not the best at growing them but I am still trying. My son liked the kiwi scent. Not that he has any intention of using it but his kitty is named Kiwi so he favors the fruit and the scent. I let the little guy I am adopting use the puppy. He has never used anything but a washrag and bar soap so he found the whole package puzzling. It was nice to do something new for him. The beach was his second trip but his first sand castle.

I'm rambling. But, so much to say. I love the picture of me. I had no idea how stunning I was but, I really look good in that picture you took of me. I think that has to be printed up and framed. You definately caught my good side!

I do appreciate the stationary. You can never get too many tablets. Oh! and the rose frame matches my rose coasters. I think I will use the candles and foot scrub at the same time. Now, how to talk the significant other in to helping me with the foot part...maybe the candles and a little food will inspire him.Hmmm....

Your letter definately struck home. I am battling the weeds here also. It seems we have more rain and weeds then sunshine this summer. It was in the 90s here when it was 80 where you are. 90s is hot here but also about average for this time of year.

I saved this for last but it is the first thing that caught my eye. The bugs are awesome! That lady bug is SO cute. He is already hanging on a pot. The little grin on the bug just makes me grin. So cute. I love the little bumble bees too. My kids are trying to help me pick a spot for them. They are lifesize and I am afraid in the future I will forget they are fake and freak. SO, I want them near my plants but where... I 'll update you later on that.

I hope I included everything in the package. If not, I am sorry. It was wonderful. I had four kids buzzing around it so they might have made off with my goods. But, it was most welcome. Thank you so much Veeja! And thanks again for the picture of me as Queen. I will definately use it as a commemorative of this wonderful month.

I will be going out of town for a work conference tonight and will be back tomorrow night. So, if I receive any package today or tomorrow, I will post late tomorrow night. My family has instructions to rescue anything that is alive and then back away from the goods. Can you believe my employer? Making me work when I am Queen of July? What were they thinking?

Happy gardening!
    Queen Leann

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'll say 5 poppies. More income that way. You are going to have your hands full when those little guys start bouncing around the place!

Leann, it sounds like you have a dh who knows how to treat a queen right! Most hubbies would never think of an impromptu trip like that. Sounds like quite a deserving Prince Consort. I used to relax myself by picturing fields of daffodils. So, I'd often dream of them, since they were the last thing I'd be thinking about as I fell asleep. Carol does send such wonderfully delightful boxes, doesn't she? It's always a joy to see her name on a return addy.

Angel! Nice to see you! I'll send you an email w/the info. If you accidentally send the queen a box of cleaning supplies, she might not even mind. With an extra 2 kiddos in the house, she's probably going through them more quickly than she dreamed possible. (You know those huge cases of TP they sell in the stores like Costco & Sam's? We go through one in less than a month.) Gardening and pampering items would probably be preferred, though.

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hmmm, I thought I had posted a message here just a bit ago, but I don't see it. Here's a new message from the Queen of June, Abitodd, aka Deni:
    "Mudmom,
    I need help...I can not log into the gardenweb for some reason. I need to post that I have received Cassie's and ??(I think it was Leann but not sure) ( I received a sweet letter and box of goodies from her but at the time I received it I was on so many drugs I can not remember who it came from. I got it like the day after I had knee surgery and my daughter opened it and took everything out and showed it to me and read the letter to me and that was the last I saw the letter and the box was thrown away. I do not know what to do. Can you please cut and paste this to the forums and please see if you can find out who sent me the box that had the sweet letter in it.) on the queen of the month, Please let Cassie and the unknown know I received their gifts and that I loved them and I thank them very much for them. I am so far behind I do not know what to do. Can you help me and log in and put these up for me. I would greatly appreciate it. I just do not know what to do. I have emailed them to find out why I can not log in and they say it is my ISP. If you can do this for me I will be grateful.
    Deni
    abitodd on GW"

Leann, my other comments had to do w/the great box you received from Carol, and that your Prince Consort is a real keeper to whisk you away on an impromptu vacation like that. Even w/kids in tow, that's ROMANTIC.

Carol, I vote for 5 frisky poppies. You can buy more roses with 5 than w/3.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

She usually has 6, but I always have to bottle feed one, so 5 would be less work and money for me, no poppies yet. I can't sleep at night waiting for them, the 18th would have been exactly 60 days, which is her normal.sure wish she would do it already. Leann glad you liked your box, feel bad about no plants tho, I just seem to be unable to dig up a blooming plantwish me fast pop pies.

• cassiet
    18 years ago

Has anyone heard from Deni good Queen of June? I sent her a package and it has long ago said delivered but have heard nothing from her.

Cassie

• cassiet
    18 years ago

Nevermind my message just saw a POST from MuddyMom

Cassie

• leann2800
    18 years ago

I hope Deni is feeling better soon. Please let her know she has already thanked me for the package I sent her. Even with surgery and drugs, she did not forget me. She really has nothing to worry about there. How frustrating that her computer is giving her problems when she is already under the weather.
    Jeanette, there were no unmentionables or pots and pans in my mailbox. I would have appreciated. Actually, I would have been puzzled by recieving an unmentionable or dish but it would have been funny just the same. I'll consider myself warned.
    Not even something as unmentionable as a bill. Actually, I have not recieved even junk mail on the weekends. So, I enquired and it turns out they are down a postman in my area. So, I am only getting my mail Monday-Friday. I can go to the post office and check on my mail on Saturdays but they have no one to deliver. They need to hurry up and hire someone. Like federal holidays and Sunday weren't bad enough but no mail on Saturdays either????
    At any rate my conference is over and the traffic was yucky but I have returned to my kingdom safe and sound. I did take a tour of the grounds at the conference I was at. They had several gardens and cottages. They had this one house surrounded by swept yards. Any of you ever heard of swept yards??? They were saying in the 1800s the children in the South would sweep the yards to prevent the grass from growing and they believe the tradition came with the slaves because several places in Africa still sweep the ground. Do y'all know anybody who sweeps the ground? Wonder if I could talk the little princes and princess into sweeping my yard around the flowerbeds to prevent grass from growing there?

Leann

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Deni, hope you are feeling better, and off your drugs. no poppies, I called vet he says 68 days is pretty normal so don't worry, dog has to lay by my feet and dh gives her meat when he makes his lunch, so she has terrible gas, I don't know if I will last 4 more days, when my month comes I want pretty smelling things.come on everyone get those gifts to leann

• leann2800
    18 years ago

Good evening kingdom,

I received a nice package and a letter of good wishes from Jenelle. The whole package smelled great when I opened it. I believe it was the lotion you sent me. Could have been many things though since you sent me such a nice variety. I had seen something like one of those purple flower bath thing you sent but I was uncertain to as what it is was. I was even going to get one for myself to check it out. Its bath gel! That and the pink fizzies will go great in my bathroom. Can't wait to try all those bath things you sent me out. It's a good thing gardening gets me dirty. I won't need an excuse to occupy the bathroom for hours. I'm going to make a sign that says "The Queen is Out" to hang on my bathroom door.

I'll probably use the magnet tablet on my fridge for grocery shopping. I always seem to have a TO DO list for everything but groceries but there just never seems to be any paper handy when I notice we are out of stuff. That tablet will work good for that.

Even the beads in that wire butterfly you sent were flowers...down to the last detail its cute and quirky. One of our kitties has taken a liking to it. The coil antennas and coils on the wings bounce and Kiwi just quirks her head back and forth and watches it. She has not braved pouncing on the wire bug but I'll keep an eye on it cause I know she will.

I'm going to take the caramels with me on my trip to get the kids. Its my last weekend on the road for awhile.

I also received a variety of seeds from Jenelle. She sent me lots of purple! I've been thinking of getting some purple coneflower because I hear it grows well with swampy conditions. I've never heard of gayfeather. I am going to have to look that up and see what it is.

I'll be back online Monday night I think. I should be back in from out of town by then.

Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend!
    Queen Leann

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I GOT POPPIES!!! 6 and I think she is done, she chose my loveseat to have them on, so i have to get a new loveseat, this one was over 10 yrs old anyway. here is first pics of kids, I will get closeups when I take tem to have their tails docked. Boy was I ready for these, they all look healthy and sooo cute

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

Leann~ I'm glad you liked the things I sent. Here is a picture of what gayfeather aka Liatris looks like:

Veeja~ Very cute little poppies! Mamma and babies are all doing well I hope?

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Congratulations on the big delivery Veeja- I know both you and Mama Dog were more than ready! I love the POPPIES!

I love the liatris too! Very cool cutflower.

Queenie Leanne, I shall be sending your box out 7/26 in the year of our Lord 2005 with luck LOL. Will post for sure when it departs.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Here is poochey named after poochella.

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hooray! How adorable! I was right (sort of) 5 poppies to sell and one to keep. ;-) Carol, you must be so busy when they get old enough to start exploring and scampering in all directions. Were you sending the mama subliminal messages about wanting a new loveseat? So sweet to make a namesake for Poochella!

Someday we may have a month when the queen receives all of her homage during her actual reign. That will be a real surprise! Queens never have been well known for scurrying, though. The calendar does say that July will soon be at an end. For those of you who have not yet mailed off to Leann, that is a strong hint.

Cassie, Queen of August, are you working diligently on those first decrees? Your reign approacheth rapidly. This thread is nearly filled and is has become quite awkard to load on my dialup line. As soon as we have a fresh thread started, please post a description of your queenly desires.

Leann now has one of the most wonderful gifts any queen could desire, even though none of us were responsible. Her two new children, prince and princess that they are, should now have joined her in her castle. A most precious gift, indeed.

• Poochella
    18 years ago

I got a puppy named after me!~ Wow! I'm not even Queen yet for months, and I feel so honored! Veeja take good care of those little bitty puppies especially little Poochey. They are so cute!

Queen LeAnne, could you possibly do something about the various moles burrowing through our yard? I don't know if it's in your power or not, but give it a whirl would you please, your Highness. Send some knights with a huge hacking blade or mole traps, I don't care- but I need regal intervention- they are back with a vengeance.

I will be up with the dawn to begin packing your box for a quick trip eastward.

• leann2800
    18 years ago

The poppies are adorable. That was so sweet to name one after Poochella.
    I hope the poppies mom stopped having gas when she had the poppies. We'll have to send in Smell-Good and Fru-Fru (thats what my daddy calls all the shings that smell nice and make ladies happy).
    The new prince and princess have indeed arrived at the castle-just last night. We have to unpack their royal belongings today so they can be more settled here.
    Thanks for the pic of the gayfeather Luna. I know just where I want to plant them now that I know what they look like.
    What are we to do about these moles? Here they are attacking us from several directions. Down south with me and up north with Poochella. The Queen must think on this. I know it sounds like another politician putting off a problem. But, really I don't want to think in haste and wage war on other creatures without contemplating. So, I'll be in my throne room mumbling in royal fashion and I'll get back to you on that. moles moles moles...
    Just hang in there poochey. Think of more pleasant things like little poochies.

Queen Leann

• cassiet
    18 years ago

Those poppies are adorable... my daughter was ooohhing and aaaahhhhing when I showed them to her. I love the one of you feeding the puppy Carol. When I worked in mental health, I had a client who had a chihuahua(hope I spelled correctly) and I was there doing a home visit when they were born. They were the tiniest things I ever saw. She had to hand feed one cause the Momma rejected it. I loved to drop by just to FEED and watch them grow. Heheheheheheehe. Baby animals like newborns are so wonderful... except SNAKES!!!! They are ugly no matter what the size. GRIN. Laughing. Congrats granny Carol. Keep posting pics we love him. I'm thinking a royal decree for my month which is rapidily coming. Can I say weather be little more cooleth?

Cassie

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Who among us failed to get to the PO today as promised?

Well, I Did, I Did- and I'm not at all happy to say so.
    I'm pondscum, but will endeavor to perservere and conquer mailing tomorrow. It was all for a good cause in honor of Queen Leanne, I promise.

Can someone start a new thread? I do not know how to say four in French, let alone Latin.

Veeja, how are the little poppies doing? Bet Mama dog is a lot more comfy with that bevy of beauties external now.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Ok grandma is having to feed every 4 hrs to 4 of them we almost lost poochey, but a couple feedings and she found the food and is doing great, so is muddy.one is still struggling no name yet. get those gifts to Leann, month is going fast, I need sleep, I am too old for this.