SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurelin_gw

Central NY Plant Swap, June 21

laurelin
16 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm planning on hosting a plant swap in the Binghamton area on Saturday, June 21, from 10AM till mid-late afternoon (however long we feel like hanging out after lunch).

This will be a very casual swap - no "lottery" for taking turns, more like a farmer's market. We can set up our items for trade on the ground or on tables. (If you're inclined to bring a card table for your goodies, great!) I do have a car-port we can set up in if it rains; I'm not planning a rain date.

Please bring your plants potted/bagged and clearly labeled - the more information, the better.

If it's something special or big that deserves a similar quality/quantity to be given in return, please indicate that on the label so a fair trade can be made for it. I'll leave it up to everyone to make fair offers in trade and to be generous in sharing.

You can bring as many plants as you want. Try to bring a variety, so you'll have lots of options to share in return. You'll leave with roughly as many plants as you brought, and probably MORE. Your overabundance of plant X might be someone else's treasure, and you'll surely find some great things to take home in return.

Please bring a dish to pass (a side, a salad or a dessert). I'll provide meat (BBQ chicken), some sort of salad/side, a dessert, plastic/paper products and tableware, and various soft drinks and coffee/tea/water.

Let me know you're planning on being here by replying to this post. I'll send the directions out to everyone when we get to the beginning of June.

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but I can't put my finger on WHAT. Just jog my memory, and I'll update this post. I hope to have a great group of people over for the day. See you then!

Laurel

Comments (20)