SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puglvr1

Brewster Lychees...A Hint of Color

puglvr1
14 years ago

Some of you know that most of my blooms died during the freeze here in Fl. Luckily for me a couple of the blooms were spared. Since this is the very first time this tree has bloomed for me, although I am cautiously optimistic I went ahead a put up a makeshift fencing on the small area where the fruits are so squirrels(aka tree rats) and birds can't get to it...hopefully it will work? People, that's another story!

Finally a couple of them are getting a hint of color, not sure if you can see, but a couple of the fruits are splitting. I'm pretty sure this is caused by the the fact that we've had over 12" of rain in the past three weeks. Up to this point we've been in severe drought for almost three years!

I also have a few mangoes ever so slowly growing on my Potted Glenn(its the only mango tree I have that has fruits)... I know that they can still fall off, since they are very small and a long time before they will be ready? Keeping fingers crossed till I finally taste one or two from my own tree!

Wish me luck! Thanks for looking...

{{gwi:1318635}}
My Brewster grows more dense compared to my Sweetheart which has more of an open growth habit.Reminds me of my Keitt Mango tree

{{gwi:1318636}}

Potted Glenn Fruits

{{gwi:1304149}}

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022